Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What's the latest on the Miami Marine Stadium? >

What's the latest on the Miami Marine Stadium?

Notices

What's the latest on the Miami Marine Stadium?

Old 11-23-2015, 04:06 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Yeah, it was just on the news. All the townies in Biscayne are complaining about traffic and EPA, ecological issues. All the permits aree on hold.

Its a rediculous mess!
Old 11-23-2015, 06:41 PM
bwd
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where does all this put the boat show?
Old 11-23-2015, 07:09 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by bwd
Where does all this put the boat show?
According to the news just a day ago the permits are on hold.
Old 11-23-2015, 08:03 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

We in the marine industry are being told that the land side of the show will happen no matter what. The in water displays are what is on hold.
Agian that is what show management is telling everyone. However if you drive by there. A lot of work left to be done and time is running out fast.
Old 11-23-2015, 09:07 PM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by Double Rigged
We in the marine industry are being told that the land side of the show will happen no matter what. The in water displays are what is on hold.
Agian that is what show management is telling everyone. However if you drive by there. A lot of work left to be done and time is running out fast.
In water small boat displays I assume.......the big yacht stuff was always on Collins Ave.
Old 11-23-2015, 10:27 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

After that BS I would walk away next year (I understand they have to do what they have to do this year). You know how many communities would love to have the Miami boat show?
After all these years and all the BS its pretty much a done deal that the folks trying to save the stadium will never win and the stadium will just crumble to dust. Like I said I would tell them to stick their stadium where the sun don't shine. Enjoy tearing it down at your own cost with no future income ever coming in from it. Next I would tell Miami to get their crap together or next year it will be the Miami boat show by name only cause it would be in the next town over.....
And after it all settled I would bus in homeless people to the stadium area or purpose (through a front company) that they use the property for homeless shelters and drug treatment places. Let the community enjoy spend their money on fighting that in court for the next hundred years.
Old 11-24-2015, 07:09 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
In water small boat displays I assume.......the big yacht stuff was always on Collins Ave.
From what was on the evening news, No. Thats moving down there too. The car traffic was one thing but the disruption in the water and debris from the event was a serious concern.

Think like a treehugger for just one minute.... now you get it. Every time they dont get what they want its "but the poor manatees" its a big deal apparently because the Miami Boat show is one of (if not the largest) events that contribute to the Miami economy.
Old 11-24-2015, 07:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by f_inscreenname
After that BS I would walk away next year (I understand they have to do what they have to do this year). You know how many communities would love to have the Miami boat show?
After all these years and all the BS its pretty much a done deal that the folks trying to save the stadium will never win and the stadium will just crumble to dust. Like I said I would tell them to stick their stadium where the sun don't shine. Enjoy tearing it down at your own cost with no future income ever coming in from it. Next I would tell Miami to get their crap together or next year it will be the Miami boat show by name only cause it would be in the next town over.....
And after it all settled I would bus in homeless people to the stadium area or purpose (through a front company) that they use the property for homeless shelters and drug treatment places. Let the community enjoy spend their money on fighting that in court for the next hundred years.

The bigger picture is the show promoter loses his grip on the vendors and the city! First the vendors are getting bent over on rent/booth location etc and if you leave the show your seniority goes out the window for next year's show. The city is squeezing the promoter and if the show is a bust then the vendors feel even more ripped off than they did last year! The city does collect huge rent for the show plus the hotel/restaurant taxes from all the vendors/show guests but they won't miss that money until future years if the show is a bust. As a vendor, imagine spending 50-100-500K to do the show and oops you don't sell a single boat! I have a brother in law in the yacht side of the business, they have been on the losing end of the 500K wager before (500K is staging the booth, moving the yachts to the location, booth rent/staff/tent rental, hotel/meals, then breaking it all down at the end)......with nothing sold that week!
Old 11-24-2015, 07:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Keith Atlanta
From what was on the evening news, No. Thats moving down there too. The car traffic was one thing but the disruption in the water and debris from the event was a serious concern.

Think like a treehugger for just one minute.... now you get it. Every time they dont get what they want its "but the poor manatees" its a big deal apparently because the Miami Boat show is one of (if not the largest) events that contribute to the Miami economy.

I wasn't sure the big boats could safely get near the marine stadium. You have to wonder if behind the scenes the South Beach hotels/restaurants aren't somewhat helping the "treehuggers" with this protest to keep the even closer to their businesses.
Old 11-24-2015, 09:04 AM
Registered

http://nmma.net/assets/cabinets/Cabi...w_Consumer.pdf

Current display concept. Notice that only boats 36 ft and under will be in the tents. Wonder where that leaves manufacturers like Cigarette that don't make a boat under 36? Even NT/OL/Hustler only have one or two models under 36.

Keith is right, the yachts are heading towards the basin and abandoning Collins Ave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.