Marina Auction in Brick, NJ

Old 09-23-2002, 03:53 PM
Registered

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

Did anyone go?
Old 09-23-2002, 04:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, i made it there. Had a banker's note, and registered for the auction. A few go fast boats were there, but few sold. Some of the reserves must have been pretty high. The 36' lightning jack's skater, with 4 motors (1 in boat, 3 elsewhere), twin #6s, was bid up to 140k but i dont think it sold. There was a 97 donzi 28zx, single screw. There was a reserve and no one bid on it. I dont think anyone wanted a race boat that had been run real hard for a few years. It WAS a little beat up. An 87 46' sea ray didnt sell after bidding hit 145k. 50' scarab, about an '89, with trips, used to belong to vince mcmahon of WWF fame. Bidding stalled and i dont think that one went either. I think the baha sold, bidding stalled around 85k. A cool boat that i never heard of was a 98 campion chase 910. Apparently a canadian made boat. twin 454's with imcos, dual ram imco external steering, k planes. Looked real nice. That one sold for 45k.

Im not sure if all of the final bids were accepted, the auctioneer would merely state that many of the bids needed to be confirmed, and no one heard much after that. I may drive by in a couple of weeks and see what is left on the lot, talk to some people and get some REAL prices.