Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Who's going to make it to the Fall Havasu Poker run???? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/32984-whos-going-make-fall-havasu-poker-run.html)

thisistank 09-14-2002 12:56 PM

Who's going to make it to the Fall Havasu Poker run????

Last April was one AWSOME time. This October 4th, 5th, 6th is the fall poker run. Some serious hardware there from all over the country during the spring run...And will be back for the fall run. If you can make this you should, no matter where from!:D Whos going????

Tank

Pictures from the Sprin Heatwave run............

http://66.34.157.161/Photos/2002-Havasu-AHBA-Trip.htm

burtandnancy 09-15-2002 01:54 PM

Tank, we plan on being there Oct 4th thru 6th, however your photos show docking at the old Queens Bay Hilton. Is there any docking or slips at the Nautical? We have a boat that is difficult to board from the beach or deep water. What do you suggest?

paradigm shift 09-15-2002 06:28 PM

burtandnancy;
There are slips at the Nautical and they are new but are usually full of AHBA official boats. Kinda rough to slip there because of the waves also for me. Depending on what you are looking for you could try the Havasu Marina on the island they sometimes have slips you can rent. That or the London Bridge Hotel is about all there is. Not sure what size / type of boat you are looking to slip. Have you been to Havasu before. Havasu Marina also has best ramp in my opinion although you will pay more to us it. Hope this helps.

Andy

thisistank 09-15-2002 08:54 PM

burtandnancy,

I'd have to agree with paradigm shift, the best place to dock is in the marina. However it can be difficult to get a slip there, though I had friends that got them there last April during the other run. Why don't you want to beach it at the Nautical? The sand there is really smooth and it is calm in the bay. You can only get a slip at the London Bridge Resort if you are staying there. Hope to see you guys out there...What are you running??

Tank

Semper Fi 09-16-2002 01:19 AM

Tank,
I think I'll be out there with HavasuCig (and Mrs.) Not sure if were going to run in the Poker Run, but we should be out there.

thisistank 09-16-2002 01:12 PM

SemperFi,

Right on brother! We'll hook up for sure this time. We'll be with my buddy on his Tiger or with Kevin in the Cafe Racer.

Tank

Steamin Rice 09-16-2002 02:32 PM

Tank,

We'll be there with our boat. We're talking about leaving for Havasu early Fri morning to get some boating in on fri... I'll watch for you on one of the CIG's...

ToddW 09-16-2002 02:39 PM

Tank,

We'll be there, boatless, but we'll be there. It's a great time I agree. Wish our new boat would have been ready.

PhantomChaos 09-16-2002 02:39 PM

Steamin-

I'm planning on heading out early AM on Friday (maybe around midnight) to arrive in Havasu on Friday morning. Wanna carravan out there?

Nort

thisistank 09-16-2002 02:50 PM

Todd! Where the hell have you been bro?? What's up with the new boat? Almost done?? The steering worked out killer on my boat and I'm very happy with it. Thanks again. Hope to see you out there. Look for us.

Steamin, I'll look for your boat.

Nort daddy...Change your reservations and add thursday night and roll out with us thurs a.m.;)

Tank

Steamin Rice 09-16-2002 03:04 PM

Norty,

I'd be up for a caravan to Havasu, but don't know if we can leave at midnight....I was originally thinking of leaving somewhere around 5 or 6AM on Fri....Are you thinking breakfast in Havasu??

PhantomChaos 09-16-2002 03:26 PM

I don't have a room on Thursday night, so I was going to get there first thing Friday for the whole day.

Like AudioFN said:

"You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning"

thisistank 09-16-2002 04:18 PM

Nort, I'll have the Goose waiting for you when you arrive!!!

Havasu Cig 09-16-2002 04:45 PM

We will be out there as Semper Fi said. We have our house rented that weekend, but we are going to stay at the house Thurday night and then at the London Bridge Resort friday and saturday. Hopefully we can get a slip there and leave the boat in the water. They would not take a slip reservation over the phone. See everybody out there.:cool:

PhantomChaos 09-16-2002 05:17 PM

Originally posted by Steamin' Rice
Norty,

I'd be up for a caravan to Havasu, but don't know if we can leave at midnight....I was originally thinking of leaving somewhere around 5 or 6AM on Fri....Are you thinking breakfast in Havasu??

Yeah..........breakfast on the lake....around 7 or 8. Get to Havasu around 6:30 or 7:00am, then get supplies and fuel up, then launch baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rick32 09-16-2002 05:53 PM

I'm going to be there Thrusday night..... Called reservations
( LBR ), got totally bent over ........ Oh well, I'll get a good night sleep and go boat'in early on Friday ! ....... Breakfast of Champions type o' deal - I think Norty's Buy'in brews again ???...... so, I got that going for me ....... which is nice.....

Also, The Jet Ski World Finals are that weekend as well as I was informed.... so it's going to be crowded.......

See ya'll there !

Rick32
:cool:

Havasu Cig 09-16-2002 05:54 PM

Where is everybody else staying?

thisistank 09-16-2002 05:58 PM

We just made our resvo's at the LBR. We took the last 2 rooms!! Sorry:( .

Rick,

Did I hear you say Norts buying again?? I believe you still owe me like 4 rounds since you flaked so many times last year!!!:eek:

Havasu Cig 09-16-2002 05:59 PM

Also, The Jet Ski World Finals are that weekend as well as I was informed.... so it's going to be crowded.......

Your information is correct. The people renting our house are last years defending champions.

ToddW 09-16-2002 06:04 PM

Tank,
The new boat is still a couple of months off. I am sure you have seen the other ATs under construction. With (3) 2003s delivered, we are number 6 and just waiting our turn. Glad the steering worked out for ya.

See you at the run.

Steamin Rice 09-16-2002 06:09 PM

I must have called LBR right after Rick32 and Tank...The lady I talked to said that I was the 3rd person to call in 10 minutes for rooms, and wanted to know who this SCOPE guy is....:D:D All sold out there so it looks like we're staying at the Island Inn. I booked rooms there a couple of weeks ago because I forgot about LBR...:rolleyes:

I'll see if I can leave extra early on Fri to meet up with you guys..

Did somebody say Nort's buying??:p :p

burtandnancy 09-16-2002 06:18 PM

Tank & Paradigm,
Thanks for input. Yes, I've been to the Nautical many times in the past and know the sand well in the cove, if I can get in. I've got a 40 Hallett, but no front door (yet). We're staying at the Springs so will boat down for the drivers meeting and starting event. I think there will be a large crowd, so where do you park a 40 footer while this is going on?

thisistank 09-16-2002 06:47 PM

Hey Burt,

Thats funny you have a 40 Hallet. My friend I was talking about that got a slip in the marina last time has a 40 Hallet (with the door) as well that he bought from the owner of Hallet. It was all red with 575's and xr's (he just had it painted). He'll be at the poker run this time too. I think he got a slip again at the marina. I"m thinking this would be your best bet if you are planning on leaving it down there. If you are just planning on coming down for the day and the meeting, party etc. I'd have to say your best shot is getting it in at the cove. Or calling the marina now and seeing about getting a slip for just the day. Good luck. We'll see you out there.

Tank

PhantomChaos 09-16-2002 07:02 PM

I'm buying AGAIN? How do these rumors get started? :D :D :D

paradigm shift 09-16-2002 07:05 PM

Burt;
I agree getting to the drivers meeting is almost impossible if you do not stay at the Nautical. I think they should broadcast it on VHF or something so if you can't get to the beach you can still listen. I am still looking for a good way myself!

burtandnancy 09-16-2002 10:17 PM

Tank, your friends forty (Crimson Lady) really looks nice with that new paint job. So far this will make three of the 40 Halletts; your friend, Fred Inman and myself. Theres going to be some serious color clash out there.
Thanks, I'll call tomarrow for a possible slip...

Craig B 09-17-2002 12:34 PM

Hey Burt,

Many o’ big boats been known to squeeze in the Nautical Cove, just get there on Wednesday or Thursday. Set up a canopy and ladder, and oh yeah, barbed wire and a big ass rottweiler also help to save your spot :D :D :D

http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/extern/712643.jpg

http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/extern/712635.jpg

http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/extern/678083.jpg

Looking forward to finally meeting some more of the OSO crowd.

Hey Tank, keep it up and you're gonna "tank" my job! Thanks for all the help :) :eek: :D

C2
Craig Bassham
AHBA, Promotions

thisistank 09-17-2002 01:14 PM

Todd,

I don't know what boat you'll be in so look for Kelly and I either in Jims 42 Yellow and green Tiger or Kevin's 35 Purple, yellow cafe Racer. Flag us down!

Nort,

You are ALWAYS BUYING!!! Of course that's after Rick pays up for the 4 times he's flaked out of the Yardhouse in the past!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Burt,

Do you know Ken and Joyce the owners of Crimson Lady?? They are super cool people. He just paid (a butt load) to have that thing painted. Came out nice. Is that yellow and blue 40 Hallet going to be there again too???

Craig,

Make the check out to "Tank Sears":D :D :D :D
Hey bro, I'm just excited to get out there and hang with everyone. You guys do an excellent job every year and it just gets better and better! See you out there.

Tank

Steamin Rice 09-17-2002 01:28 PM

Tank, it must be rough....

"Hmmmm let's see......Do I want to ride on the Cafe' Racer or the Tiger today???":D:D

cigarette1 09-17-2002 01:30 PM

Yeah ... What's up with that ... You need to take the Baja with big For Sale signs all over it. Then .......... :cool:

PhantomChaos 09-17-2002 01:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yeah...........we had a great time last time!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Here for more photos.

thisistank 09-17-2002 03:03 PM

G-money.......Then it's off to buy a certain green Cafe Racer with twin Red motors!!:D :D :D

Steamin' Rice,

I can't help it if everyones calling me up wanting to party with me and hang out with me!! Well, ok it may be Kelly they really want to hang out with:rolleyes:

:D :D :D :D

Tank

Uncle Toys 09-17-2002 03:27 PM

Tank - It's not Kelly, it's those kewl backflips you do off boat transomes ;)

PhantomChaos 09-17-2002 03:40 PM

Uncle Toys-

You gonna be out there for this? I found your tape I made for you yesterday, and your address.

thisistank 09-17-2002 03:59 PM

Originally posted by Uncle Toys
Tank - It's not Kelly, it's those kewl backflips you do off boat transomes ;)
Joe!! You are my hero you crazy bastard!!:D :D :D

Dont forget you were there doing them too!:eek:

Bro you going to make it to this.....I don't think I should even have to ask actually...It's kind've just a known fact you'll be there:D :D :D

Uncle Toys 09-17-2002 04:06 PM

Tank – Wasn’t sure, but then I heard you say that Nort’s buying. Shoot, now I have to go :D

Nort - No need to mail it, just bring the tape with you. It's only three weeks away - right? Damn, I better get the paper work in.

PhantomChaos 09-17-2002 06:31 PM

UT- Get the paper work in! I'll probably mail it to you anyway. Otherwise you'll never get it.

burtandnancy 09-17-2002 07:48 PM

No, Fred is only bringing ONE of his 40 Halletts: the new red, white and blue one. I'm not sure, but the yellow one is staying at IMCO Nevada that week-end.
Someone asked Fred not to buy any more Halletts until the rest of us get at least one.
Is it legal (and safe) to anchor off the cove and swim in to the drivers meeting? Nancy is a great swimmer. Is someone going to offer shuttle service?

Havasu Cig 09-17-2002 08:04 PM

We were there a couple of years ago for the Tunnel regatta Poker run and that is exactly what people were doing for the drivers meeting. They were leaving someone in the boat, and the drivers were swimming in.

rick32 09-17-2002 08:04 PM

Now hear this , now hear this : I just discussed this with Norty. ....... ** Tank is now buying.....

** That right ladies and gents.... The illustrious Tank is now buying rounds & demonstrating " The Flying Camel Manuvre' " for the first 50 folks who show up..... For those interested, be at the Topok Bar for Cocktails & Live Entertainment on Sat at say........ 2:30 - 3ish.....

Thats all for now.............

Rick32 :D :D :D :D