Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Lunch run to Michigan City September 21st? >

Lunch run to Michigan City September 21st?

Notices

Lunch run to Michigan City September 21st?

Old 09-18-2002, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

KAAMA,
Matey's is on the other side of the drawbridge, just east of the wall we are tying off to. Bridges is the restaurant over by the Train Bridge. Nice place. There is not enough docking space over there.

Smiling Bob,
You could launch at Burnham, Hammond or even run the river out of Alsip. Hopefully if the weather starts to look better the other North Point guys will chime in.

Give me a call at 708-218-1566.

Dan
Old 09-18-2002, 10:09 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Steve;
LOL! Those outriggers don't look all that bad on the Outlaw....LOL!

Kaama/Doc/Quietstorm/Doug,

If we want to be in MI City at 1:00 MI time, I think we should tell everyone to meet at the Silver Beach around 11:30. We could then leave by 11:45 ish and head to New Buffalo. I'm thinking we typically cruise at 40-45 (slower than a lot of you, and I'll cruise at 55 (or 70 like Dan does..LOL!), but some of the other boats that may go will want to run at 42 or so).

That would put us in New Buffalo around 12:00-12:20 somewhere when we get the herd all together and leave. Still leaves us the 15-20 minutes to get to MI City from New Buffalo. (It's 10 minutes at 75 mph from NB to MIC, by the way.)

Thoughts?

Rampage....the minnow fishing isn't really good till October, so you'll be wasting your time anyway

Mark
Old 09-18-2002, 10:50 AM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

Candyman
Just thought I would let you know I am trying to get off work and join you. If I do pull this off there will be 2 or 3 of us in my Thunder. We would join you around Portage.

Payton
Did I here you are not going?

Thanks guys
Mike
Old 09-18-2002, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

32Fever,

Maybe we can leave from Silver Beach at more like 11:15 or so? My reason being that it would be kind of nice to run a little further south and catch the crew coming from Chicago or Hammond or where ever before they head into port at Michigan City. It doesn't really matter what time we leave really, but I thought it would be fun to see all those boats in motion and then pull into port together. Just an idea, but it may not be that easy to pull off.

As far as cruising speeds go I don't think it will matter much to me---42mph sounds fine to me...I just want to be out there!

I hope weather and water conditions cooperate.

Should be making noise with my engines by Thursday.

Last edited by KAAMA; 09-18-2002 at 11:20 AM.
Old 09-18-2002, 11:36 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

KAAMA,
Hey, how about 11 am. That should allow us to leave at 11:15 ish. Then, to New Buffalo at what? 11:45-12? We'd buzz the MI City piers at 12:30 or so that way, is that what you were thinkin'?

It would be nice for as many of us to run together as possible from St Joe to MI City I think. That would be, like, cool and stuff.

Mark
Old 09-18-2002, 11:36 AM
Registered

We made a run down to Michigan City a few weekends ago and had a blast. Count us in if the weather cooperates. It will be great meeting all of you.

Kaama,

Is there another ramp in St. Joe other than the public ramp in the river upstream of the bridges on the North side? Lasttime we were there it was pretty crowded with fishing boats.

Derek
Old 09-18-2002, 12:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

32fever

I'll probably get there around 10:30. I can bob around if nobody is up yet.

Silver Beach is north or south of the river?

What radio channel should we monitor?
Old 09-18-2002, 12:46 PM
check freak

Default Kaama

Yes, the basin is the port authority or washington park. There is parking all the way from the coast guard to the bridge. Matey's is right next to the rr tracks. It is a blast on the weekend during the summer, lots of coeds!!!! Looks like they are calling for rain sat. That sucks. Hopefully it won't. If anyone needs any info on MC let me know, i only live 15 min from the lake.

Old 09-18-2002, 12:55 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Boatfreak28,
yep you read right. I won't be there. Some close friends are getting married that day. Maybe I can talk them into eloping. Then they could ride with. Actually it's Doug, that was riding with me on the run to Racine,

Or, I may be able to make a rain date.
Old 09-18-2002, 12:56 PM
Registered

Crap!
I can't go!

Quick Reply: Lunch run to Michigan City September 21st?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.