Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Who's got the gladiator on the lift lake Pend Oreille Idaho?? >

Who's got the gladiator on the lift lake Pend Oreille Idaho??

Notices

Who's got the gladiator on the lift lake Pend Oreille Idaho??

Old 08-27-2015, 01:41 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by lucky strike
Ford Engines...Thats odd
He's a ford guy
Old 08-27-2015, 02:26 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Not the same boat.
thats Michael's, he is a dentist in Washington state, very nice guy and super meticulous
Old 08-27-2015, 04:18 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thisistank
I was a bit shocked to see it on the lift. Came back by 30 later to get a pic but you were out running. We hung out in the bay swimming but you weren't back when we left. Was going to introduce myself to those on the dock but they looked young and I was with some people from Canada that had no clue why I got all geeked out about seeing a cigarette brother there. Lol

Anyway, thing looks and sounds great.

Don't think I can imagine a better lake to run on than Pend Oreille. It's huge, clear water and great scenery. We've owned in hope for 40 years. Just hadn't been up in a bunch of years. Always wanted to drag the cig up there but never did.
Stop by anytime and introduce yourself. Those were my kids down on the dock. This is my third season with the cig here. The first season I spent dealing with the sheriff and mufflers. They are strict on the sound here and you have to meet the 88db rule. Good thing was the mufflers made no difference in performance. The next issue is the 50 mph speed limit. However they don't seem to care as long as you are away from shore and other boats. They just want you to be smart about it I think. They know their radar guns only work within a mile. It's a big lake and I can clear miles in all directions so it's not an issue. When it gets a little rough like 2-3 foot swells, I have the entire lake to myself and the cig loves that kind of water. Bring your cig next year. The guys at the hope marina take care of mine.
Old 08-27-2015, 05:33 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by Gladiator11
Stop by anytime and introduce yourself. Those were my kids down on the dock. This is my third season with the cig here. The first season I spent dealing with the sheriff and mufflers. They are strict on the sound here and you have to meet the 88db rule. Good thing was the mufflers made no difference in performance. The next issue is the 50 mph speed limit. However they don't seem to care as long as you are away from shore and other boats. They just want you to be smart about it I think. They know their radar guns only work within a mile. It's a big lake and I can clear miles in all directions so it's not an issue. When it gets a little rough like 2-3 foot swells, I have the entire lake to myself and the cig loves that kind of water. Bring your cig next year. The guys at the hope marina take care of mine.

Yea, I heard the local cops don't really care about speed of your not stupid but they do NOT like the noise. Eh, there's always ways around this stuff.

We'll most likely be back next season.

Beautiful up there, just as I remembered. Your place looks like the perfect spot! We rented a place down from hope marina, my dad has land near trestle creek. Sold our gun a couple years ago but planning on picking something up again soon. I'll look you up when we're back out that way.
Old 08-28-2015, 06:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

purchasing Michaels Fountain years ago was an excellent experience and we could not have been happier with the boat. Michael is as meticulous as they come and takes pride in his work. Just like my fountain(michaels old 32) and his gladiator would be considered built better than the factory. He is very knowledgeable and a pleasure to talk to.
Old 09-14-2015, 09:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Gladiator 11,

What mufflers are you using?
Old 09-25-2015, 11:23 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Gibson mufflers. I think the company is GGB? I need to look for my paperwork
Old 09-26-2015, 08:04 AM
Registered