Notices

Corsa Captain's Call

Old 08-26-2015, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corsa Captain's Call

I thought about getting a Fastech but am now leaning towards one of the Formula's with an arch. Back in 2004 I owned a 37ss with HP500's and Captain's Call exhaust, problem is on that boat I couldn't tell the difference between on and off.

I'd like to have the option on this new boat however can anyone tell me if 10+ years later if this system does a better job of quieting things down?

New boat will likely have 8.2 HO's.

Thanks
Old 08-26-2015, 10:32 AM
Registered

Received 742 Likes on 400 Posts

2008 Formula 350 SS w/496 MAG HO's and Corsa you could tell the difference. Had Corsa tips with baffles.
Old 08-27-2015, 03:30 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

The pipes must have been burred almost under water on the 37 or some thing was going on there. Under water/threw hub exhaust vs a 4" pipe that is 3' long and exit to open air.... That like telling a Harley owners his bike is quiet and sounds like a Honda....

Perhaps the switch was disconnected, burnt out solenoids on the 37??...

I Just got a ticket 2 months ago on a buddies 30 OL. Open she measured in at 96 dbs at idle. Closed 85 dbs again at idle
Old 08-27-2015, 03:34 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

It should sound totally different and should also be obvious that they are closing. Put the hatch up and the sound should be loud enough and you can physically see the levers moving. If they are not closing all the way or all of them aren't closing you wouldn't hear much of any difference. One of mine is lazy sometimes and it takes a couple goes to get it to fully shut when it is. (usually from lack of use).

It's also likely that the switch was disconnected because many police officers mistakenly think they are 'illegal' because of laws that talk about muffler cutouts. They are in fact legal though because you are just going from really muffled to less muffled Vs. not muffled at all.