Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I have an addiction, are there any support groups like boaters anonymous? >

I have an addiction, are there any support groups like boaters anonymous?

Notices

I have an addiction, are there any support groups like boaters anonymous?

Old 08-31-2015, 05:39 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

An even funnier thing is how we all never stop "tweaking" our stuff for max performance. Take the center console for instance. It currently has a 115 Mercury 2 stroke and for lack of a better word its a turd. Max speed with half tank of gas and two adults was 31 mph on Saturday. Yesterday morning I yanked the 9.9 4 stroke kicker and bracket off of her because I sold it, and while anchored at our local hangout spot Potters Beach I removed the big goofy azzed HydroFin that was bolted onto the cav plate (motor is mounted too low to begin with). On the way back I got 36 mph on GPS! I seriously picked up 5 mph by taking that stupid HydroFin off of it. Its funny because while I was doing it, a buddy of mine was standing there talking to me and telling me how he had done the same thing years ago and picked up 5 mph on top end and I figured he was full of crap!
Old 08-31-2015, 06:51 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 1000 islander
My problem is that I have this same problem with snowmobiles too. I am slowly weening myself off of those though as I used to have 11 of them and I am down to three but buying a new one here in the next month. Currently have a couple vintage sleds and a 500+ hp lake race turbo. Boats are my first love though. Just finishing a complete repower and paint on the Fountain, pulling the 150 Opti off of the Seebold and putting it on the center console, and painting the Seebold and putting a recently purchased 300+ hp Merc 250, new guages, and hydraulic steering on it. Hoping for mid 90's from the Fountain, 105+ for the Seebold, and a screaming 50 mph for the center console.
Take a few Slow deep breaths-- it will be alright

Repeat

Snow is cold
Water is warm

Snow is cold
Water is warm

Snow is cold
Water is warm
Old 08-31-2015, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Damn I feel a whole lot better about my boating addiction. I have my 1985 Evo custom chopper that "I built" parked in my living room (since 2007) 5 outboard motors, 2 that I built, 5 car engines, one that I built, BUT only one boat at the moment.lol Thanks everyone for your honesty I feel much better about the $$,$$$..$$ that I have spent on boating.
Old 08-31-2015, 02:05 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Location: East Texas Waterfront- running errands if anyone asks
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate it for you guys.

I DO NOT have a boating problem, I repeat, I DO NOT have a boating problem.

Just in case my wife calls one of you guys for an opinion, I DO NOT have a Harley, ATV, or jet ski problem either...

Last edited by Flightplan; 08-31-2015 at 02:40 PM.