Notices

speedboat magazine

Old 09-03-2015, 01:52 PM
Registered

Received 82 Likes on 34 Posts
Default speedboat magazine

Selfish promotion. I love print magazines, hate digital. Don't like reading and looking at the pictures in a digital magazine format. So when someone does a print magazine about my favorite boats, everything is covered from jet boats, V drives to go fast. I want to subscribe and support them. Who here subscribes? Those wanting to check out speedboat.com. I just want to say, miss Hotboat, Extreme and Powerboat. Believe these guys will fill the void.
Old 09-03-2015, 02:34 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

same here, i miss thumbing through print and just cant get excited about digital mags . . . . . . but at least my TV room and attic is free from stacks of three plus year old magazines lol
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 09-03-2015, 02:40 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,749 Likes on 1,235 Posts

Sorry to hear you hate digital magazines since Jason Johnson and I produce one every other month (shameless plug No. 1) but I totally get it. We miss print, too.

Speedboat is a fine option. I read it myself.

Shameless plug No. 1: Speed On The Water will release an ovesized "2015 Collector's Edition" print issue at the end of the year. But we have no plans to increase print frequency at this time.
Old 09-03-2015, 02:44 PM
Registered

Hahaha, I still have stacks. In the garage, in my spare bedrooms closets, my closet, in the bathroom and even in the storage locker. Not just boating magazines, have a car mag collection as well. Road and Track, Car and Driver, Excellence and even Autoweek. Oh and Flying magazine as well. Some I've been subscribing since the 80's.
Old 09-03-2015, 02:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also prefer printed magazines. Much easier to read those on the crapper than my small phone screen.
Old 09-03-2015, 03:47 PM
Registered

Default shameless

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
Sorry to hear you hate digital magazines since Jason Johnson and I produce one every other month (shameless plug No. 1) but I totally get it. We miss print, too.

Speedboat is a fine option. I read it myself.

Shameless plug No. 1: Speed On The Water will release an ovesized "2015 Collector's Edition" print issue at the end of the year. But we have no plans to increase print frequency at this time.
no shame at all ,it is a great magazine . and you know it
Old 09-03-2015, 05:05 PM
Registered

I'll read Speed On The Water, but its read it once and forget about it. Print is more permanent. I'll read the same magazine over again and over years. I think I was mistaken on speedboat, believe its digital now too. But they have plans on doing print issues soon. I also like print calendars, cant wait for that.
Old 09-03-2015, 06:08 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Originally Posted by RNGRDVE
I also prefer printed magazines. Much easier to read those on the crapper than my small phone screen.
I much prefer print too. Way easier to flip back and forth vs scrolling. Same with catalogs.

Plus, wives/girlfriends don't like guys going in the bathroom with a computer.

Much better having magazines in the bathroom. Bonus is that the girls can see what we have in the bathroom.

FAct !
Old 09-03-2015, 06:36 PM
Registered

Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts

Plus I can't (won't) bring digital in the Spa nightly!!
Old 09-03-2015, 07:03 PM
Registered

Hello everyone! Thank you for the kind words about our publication SPEEDBOAT MAGAZINE!

My name is Ray Lee and I am Publisher of Speedboat Magazine.This is my first post under this handle but have been a member here since 2005 and always have enjoyed the content and information.

As you may (or may not) know - since 2007, we were previously "Performance Boat Magazine" but changed the name last year after we sold our domain name of performanceboats.com to Vertical Scope. However, we still have the same staff as before and most of the guys that you remember from the old "Hot Boat" days, when it was at its peak.

We are now operating under Speedboat Magazine and speedboat.com, although the website is undergoing some changes and modifications currently.

This year we expanded our issues from six issues per year to eight, printing an issue every month during the busy summer boating months. We are proud to be on newsstands across the U.S.and Canada.

We also offer subscriptions which you can find at : https://sbmag.myshopify.com/products...ant=1044270964 (Shameless plug!)

The Speedboat Magazine Team just returned from LOTO where we spent a full eight days doing a helicopter photo shoot/performance evaluation of various boats, covering the Shootouts, the Poker Run, the Street Show and the countless other parties and gatherings that occurred in Missouri last week. All for great content to appear in our November 2015 issue. (You can get a sampling of our coverage on our "Speedboat Magazine" Facebook and "sb.mag" Instagram pages.)

We will be covering all of the major events and happenings in 2016 and beyond. We hope that you will join us within our pages.

I also welcome your thoughts, opinions and comments either here, on speedboat.com or at [email protected]. After all, YOU are our audience and I appreciate the feedback.

We hope to keep growing stronger and reach all of your coffee tables and restrooms again!

P.S. - Thank you Matt Trulio, for reading our publication! Also, kudos for doing such a great job with SOTW!

Last edited by Speedboat Ray; 09-03-2015 at 07:07 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.