Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Prayers sent.
Old 09-15-2015, 01:09 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Location: East Texas Waterfront- running errands if anyone asks
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 3pointstar
Chris, sorry to learn about the kidney issue.

First the possibility of a transplant is a heck of a lot better than it was 20 years ago. I have been blessed to inspect a number of organizations that recover human tissue for transplant. The amount of testing and evaluation that is conducted is enormous-- all of this is to assure that you and the donor are a good match. Techniques of transplantation are the best ever.

Second and the most important - you are in our prayers.

This has got to be really hard for you - and I know you may question God "What the heck are you doing -- Why me"? God I'm so mad at you now-- Why me? "Who is going to care for my family"? We have all been in this situation and all I can say is that I know this for fact - God has got this all under control. It's kind of like sitting in our boat out in the middle of the lake -- sure we maybe in 80ft of water but we rely and relax on the hull to keep us floating - we just recline on it. The same thing with God - there is chaos all around us- fears, dangers, all sorts of worry-- Just lay back on God and regardless where the waves take us -- He is in control and He wants the best for you. As crazy as this may sound you may have been selected by Him to glorify His name. Stop and think of all the guys in OSO that have stopped today or in the future and prayed for you and your family- maybe that was the first time in years that they have thought about God-- man that is one heck of an influence you have had.

Lord please be with Chris and His family. I know that you are the great physician and can heal. In your word you say that when two or more are gathered in my name I am with you. Lord we know there are many more than two are gathered on OSO to lift Chris up. We thank you for being here with Chris and all of us. We thank you that you calm his fears and give him peace and rest. Please continue to give Chris the strength, the wisdom and understanding of your will. We thank you for the treatment options that are offered. We offer all of this in the name of Jesus.

3pointstar.

3pointstar
Amen
Old 09-15-2015, 02:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

read your story and you and your daughter are in my thoughts. despite the fact i have been sober for a number of years, i wonder what damage i did to my kidneys during my decade of hard drinking. bad things happen to good people, but know that i am hoping for the best outcome for you and your family. show that betes whos boss!
Old 09-15-2015, 02:52 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Stay strong for your girl, and keep up the fight, NEVER GIVE IN..... We will keep you and your daughter in our prayers.
Old 09-15-2015, 03:51 PM
Registered

Received 226 Likes on 88 Posts

Chris, sorry to hear of your troubles.

I noticed your request for prayers and would like to offer a suggestion in regards to that matter. Many years ago, my wife and I were involved in working with Mother Teresa and her sisters.

In each convent they have a chalkboard in the chapel where they write the names of people who have asked for their prayers. (They don't waste money on things like paper that has to be thrown away, they use a chalk board and chalk that can be reused over and over.) You can write to them and request prayers. Explain your problem if you want, but it isn't necessary, they will write your name on the board and will continue to pray each day, when they gather together for prayer.

Visitors that come to visit them will also include your name in their prayers too. The sisters will be the first to tell us, that God created each one of us for a special reason and their prayers are no more powerful than ours, but they are most happy to pray for each person who feels the need to ask.

If you have a convent near you, contact them, if not, here is an address in Massachusetts.

Missionaries of Charity
556 County Street
New Bedford, Mass 02740

If you wish to send donation, fine, but know it is all free of charge, they only wish to do God's will and use their time to help as many others as they can.

God bless, I will include you in my prayers also.

Charlie
Old 09-15-2015, 05:13 PM
DriverofDonzi
Gold Member

Originally Posted by SB
There is a boat in front of you. You have many laps before the checkered flag. Do you try to beat that boat or do you withdraw ?

Damn straight you try to beat that other boat ! With everything you have and then some.

You are strong.....remain that way.

Good luck my friend, our prayers will be with you. Without a doubt !

Hey SB,

Hell no..I want that frigging checkered flag........now...

Chris
Old 09-15-2015, 05:24 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.
Old 09-15-2015, 05:49 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Thoughts and prayers are with you.
Old 09-15-2015, 06:55 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Best wishes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.