Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
28 daytona eliminator  ( bad hole shot) >

28 daytona eliminator ( bad hole shot)

Notices

28 daytona eliminator ( bad hole shot)

Old 09-20-2015, 12:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 28 daytona eliminator ( bad hole shot)

Have stock 32's on a recently purchased 2005 28 daytona with 496 ho's,xr drives with extinction boxes. Hard to get on plane. Can these props be tweeked instead of spending 3 grand on new props? Any suggestions?
Old 09-20-2015, 09:09 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Trouble getting on plane? Where is your prop shaft in regards to the bottom of the boat when the cavitation plate is level with the bottom? What speed and slip numbers? If you are happy with the props after You are on plane You could shorten the trim ram shafts about 3/4 of an inch and create more negative trim. The boat will hop on plane.
Old 09-20-2015, 09:25 PM
Registered

When you go to get on plane its a delicate balance. Trim tab all the way down and drives in slowly get on throttle when you feel it start to slip bring back alittle till it grabs again and then ease ito throttle again it should get on plane, with mine sometimes it also depended which way the wind was blowing, it can be a pita some times
Old 09-21-2015, 08:49 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea mine daytona's a pain in the ass too. Like he said above, tabs all the way down and drives all the way in. It's even worse when the fuel tanks are full and you have 3-4 people on the back seat. Mine was so bad over the holiday weekend i had to have a couple guys move from the rear seat to the cabin lol! but went out yesterday alone and it pops right up!
Old 09-21-2015, 01:43 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I made some larger Cav plates for my IMCO drives in my 28 Daytona. This really helped the blowout problem when getting on plane. Bonus was it also helped keep people from getting cut on the props while swimming behind the boat.
Old 09-21-2015, 10:04 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You guys should try shortening the trim rams to get the drive to tuck under more. It will greatly help with getting on plane.
Old 09-22-2015, 03:20 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

put on a set of 30 or 31 P5X's problem solved. The bravos blow out way to much on the 28 Daytona. I had 29 P5x's gave same top end as 30 bravos, but much better midrange and I could hammer the throttles getting on plane and no blowout. My engines were the 496 mags (375 hp each).