Notices

Bob-Lo Island . . . .

Old 09-26-2015, 07:11 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts
Default Bob-Lo Island . . . .

Has anyone docked at the harbor on Bob-Lo (Bois Blanc) Island? The old amusement park is still there in ruins and we would love to explore it. The concern is that Bob-Lo is in Canadian waters. Has anyone from the USA done this without checking in with Canada?
Old 09-26-2015, 07:26 AM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You will have to check in with Canadiens and then check back in with us customs when you return. Nice restaurant on the island.
Old 09-26-2015, 08:54 AM
Registered

OK. I'm going to get my enhanced driver's license this winter. My problem is that 20 years ago I got a felony drug conviction. Got caught with a half pound of weed which is possession with intent to deliver. I can't get it taken off my record because I got in other trouble when I was a kid. I don't know if Canada will let me in anymore and that sucks. I will try driving across the border this winter when I have my new license. No one has done this without checking in with customs? It's an island.
Old 09-26-2015, 09:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best thing to do is file for criminal rehabilition with the canadian government. I did it. It was fairly easy and cost $300.
Old 09-26-2015, 10:28 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
OK. I'm going to get my enhanced driver's license this winter. My problem is that 20 years ago I got a felony drug conviction. Got caught with a half pound of weed which is possession with intent to deliver. I can't get it taken off my record because I got in other trouble when I was a kid. I don't know if Canada will let me in anymore and that sucks. I will try driving across the border this winter when I have my new license. No one has done this without checking in with customs? It's an island.
With a felony record DO NOT go exploring without checking in!!! If you check in the worst they can do is hassle you a bit and turn you back home.... done and simple. Fail to check in and then get caught will not go down well. I travel extensively to Canada and have done it for about 10 years things are different now by quite a bit.

Personally I wouldn't even risk crossing not worth that hassle you may get. I would try for what Hyperomance suggested and see what happens with that.

Last edited by Awash; 09-26-2015 at 10:33 AM.
Old 09-26-2015, 11:06 AM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

If you try crossing and they don't like your legal history they can make it a very unpleasant experience.
Old 09-26-2015, 11:39 AM
Registered

Received 195 Likes on 102 Posts

So you are not even allowed to cross Canadian waters to get to another part of the US? It is part of Michigan, no? So what happens if they catch you docked over there? If that is an issue, would you not even be able to reside there?

Last edited by scarabman; 09-26-2015 at 11:44 AM.
Old 09-26-2015, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

canada
Old 09-26-2015, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 367 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
Canada, ahhh
Fixed
Old 09-26-2015, 02:28 PM
Registered

This really sucks because I've lived near the border all my life and have been going to Canada all my life. As a kid we would go just to drive around. Then it was the strip bars. Then runs to get high alcohol beer when you couldn't get it here. Lots of lunch trips. I've been to Canada hundreds of times. I had hernia surgery in Toronto. Wore my Red Wings pajamas. Ha. Haven't gone since they required a passport or enhanced license. I get my license in February and will try driving over. All they can do is turn me around (I think). Then I will discuss it with the border agent. Won't try Bob-Lo without checking in. I miss the close friendship and open border with Canada....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.