Domination and Attrition at SBI Clearwater National Championships >

Domination and Attrition at SBI Clearwater National Championships

Notices

Domination and Attrition at SBI Clearwater National Championships

Old 10-02-2015, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by smiklos@sunprint
I agree with Randy! Engine claiming is a good way to keep a team from buying wins. If the price/terms are set correct (around $20k less boat specific hardware headers and engine mounts) most guys would gladly sell there engine. With new carb rule you can be under that new. The tech guy's would still do inspections but if you think someone has more power buy their engine. You may like what you bought you may not but you will have what they had..
Steve
Now we have Steve agreeing with Randy? It's madness I tell you!!! LOL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3ZOKDmorj0
Old 10-02-2015, 10:25 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Liquid Fix
Now we have Steve agreeing with Randy? It's madness I tell you!!! LOL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3ZOKDmorj0

It is not the first time Randy and I have agreed! After a race the officials have been through a long weekend of working 10 hours a day usually baking in the sun, it is not a easy job. It is very hard for them to address all the complaints and concerns they get from 8 or 10 classes of boats racing. Claiming would allow someone who feels they are running at a disadvantage to level the playing field. In short, if you think they have something they shouldn't put your money up and buy it.
Steve
Old 10-02-2015, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by smiklos@sunprint
It is not the first time Randy and I have agreed! After a race the officials have been through a long weekend of working 10 hours a day usually baking in the sun, it is not a easy job. It is very hard for them to address all the complaints and concerns they get from 8 or 10 classes of boats racing. Claiming would allow someone who feels they are running at a disadvantage to level the playing field. In short, if you think they have something they shouldn't put your money up and buy it.
Steve
Steve,
All joking aside, I've seen this program work in other forms of motorsports. It can/does prevent someone from "over building" a spec class engine. The problem here is the class ready to support a "punishment" or penality if they refuse to sell their motor?
Old 10-02-2015, 12:50 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

So if you buy an engine from a winning boat then that guy can buy it back after you win with it?
I see Velcro motormounts in our future .
Old 10-02-2015, 12:52 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just as in society, most are the first to blame others instead of looking in the mirror..Over and over again, people get beat and instead of going over and congratulating the team on a job well done, their ego and pride get in the way and they cry foul and accuse the winner of cheating. I have always been a proponent of instead of penalizing someone who did their homework, make allowances for the back running boats to come up to the front, now if the team doesnt take advantage of these allowances, then shame on them and quit your whining. I wont say I am bringing a knife to the gun fight, but I'll settle with a calling her a BB gun instead of the 50 cals that the likes of Doc, Miklos, etc are competing with, its about fun for me now, I have my glorious resume that with the addition of 5 bucks I'll still come up short at Starbucks in acquiring a cup of coffee.

Hell the way this thread is going, we're gonna have Extra's come on here and suggest Seals are the magic fix to solve all problems.... Offshore is a wallet racing sport down to who can afford the $500 Bravo 1 prop vs the $2000 Herring.... We all have choices...
Old 10-02-2015, 05:52 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing
Just as in society, most are the first to blame others instead of looking in the mirror..Over and over again, people get beat and instead of going over and congratulating the team on a job well done, their ego and pride get in the way and they cry foul and accuse the winner of cheating. I have always been a proponent of instead of penalizing someone who did their homework, make allowances for the back running boats to come up to the front, now if the team doesnt take advantage of these allowances, then shame on them and quit your whining. I wont say I am bringing a knife to the gun fight, but I'll settle with a calling her a BB gun instead of the 50 cals that the likes of Doc, Miklos, etc are competing with, its about fun for me now, I have my glorious resume that with the addition of 5 bucks I'll still come up short at Starbucks in acquiring a cup of coffee.

Hell the way this thread is going, we're gonna have Extra's come on here and suggest Seals are the magic fix to solve all problems.... Offshore is a wallet racing sport down to who can afford the $500 Bravo 1 prop vs the $2000 Herring.... We all have choices...
Your theory is called braket racing !!!!!!!
Old 10-03-2015, 07:55 AM
Registered

I think Trent's point is for years you had boats designed and built in the 90's and early 2000's and now a group of new boats is emerging in the class. If we want boats to race against some concession's may need to be made for the older boats.
Steve
Old 10-03-2015, 11:13 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steve congratulations on the National Championship this yr, well deserved i know you and your crew worked very hard on the new boat.
Old 10-04-2015, 10:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
Steve congratulations on the National Championship this yr, well deserved i know you and your crew worked very hard on the new boat.
Thanks Frank!
Steve
Old 10-04-2015, 10:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by klaatutooyou
So if you buy an engine from a winning boat then that guy can buy it back after you win with it?
I see Velcro motormounts in our future .
absolutely!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.