Mid Cabin Open Bow Performance Boats >

Mid Cabin Open Bow Performance Boats

Notices

Mid Cabin Open Bow Performance Boats

Old 09-29-2015, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mid Cabin Open Bow Performance Boats

I have recently taken a liking to these Mid Cabin Open Bow Performance Boats, like the offerings from Lavey Craft, Hallett, Eliminator, Shockwave etc. HOWEVER, they seem to be predominately used in the SW part of the US (Arizona, California etc). I can't say that I have ever seen one on the water (or even for sale) in the SE US, like up and down the East coast and in Florida. I would have figured Florida would have a nice concentration of these boats. Anyway, if I buy one, I could be one of the only people to have one here in Florida! So, would it be a bad idea to have one of the only mid cabins here in Florida? If I don't like it, I just don't want to have a hard time selling it down the road...
Old 09-29-2015, 11:57 AM
Registered

Received 414 Likes on 249 Posts

Starting to see quite a few of them here in the Midwest. The reason they are so popular around Havasu is because people pull up on the beach and just hang out there all day. Makes it very user friendly for getting in and out of the boat and getting beers out of the cooler. I bought my first one about 5 years ago at Smith Mountain Lake in Virginia. They suit the way we boat around here VERY well.
Old 09-29-2015, 09:15 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

My Sunsation came from Florida and I know a ton of them are down that way. Makes sense being built in Michigan. I think you'll find some very positive things said about the brand.
Old 09-29-2015, 09:30 PM
Registered

I had a 2003 Donzi ZXO. Great boat.
Old 09-29-2015, 09:38 PM
Registered

Love my Howard. Mid cabin is a great place to get out of the sun for a bit or just for storage. Open bow still let's me carry a crowd.
Old 09-29-2015, 09:41 PM
Registered

We went from a closed bow Checkmate to a MCOB and my wife and I absolutely love the boat. Its a Howard Bullet. I drove 2700 miles to get it. There are none for sale in the midwest that I could find. These mid cabins are the next popular thing up north.
Old 09-30-2015, 12:13 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,185 Likes on 515 Posts

Originally Posted by formula1
I have recently taken a liking to these Mid Cabin Open Bow Performance Boats, like the offerings from Lavey Craft, Hallett, Eliminator, Shockwave etc. HOWEVER, they seem to be predominately used in the SW part of the US (Arizona, California etc). I can't say that I have ever seen one on the water (or even for sale) in the SE US, like up and down the East coast and in Florida. I would have figured Florida would have a nice concentration of these boats. Anyway, if I buy one, I could be one of the only people to have one here in Florida! So, would it be a bad idea to have one of the only mid cabins here in Florida? If I don't like it, I just don't want to have a hard time selling it down the road...
Yo, bout time that rock saw some light under it. Where you been?
Take a peak at some of the layouts on the 29 Active Thunder Savage and Defiant. We should have a convo about what the possibilities might entail. No used ones out there yet, but may be able to work with you on building a boat specific to exactly what you want out of it.

www.twentynineclub.com
http://speedonthewater.com/new-boats...kpit-sportboat

Last edited by Sydwayz; 09-30-2015 at 12:19 AM.
Old 09-30-2015, 08:18 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Sunsation is def worth a look. Good service and cool features in the MCOB models.
Old 09-30-2015, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't think it's a bad idea to have one in Florida, like you said, its just not common. As far as resale, I think the only thing that really sells down here is center consoles lol. It will take a specific buyer when you go to sell, but he/she would probably be willing to travel to get it. I think you'd be really impressed buying a boat from out west, they're pretty much all impeccably maintained and super clean. You have a pretty good list now, add Advantage to it too as they build a ton of MCOB. Check out Maxed Out Marine in Havasu, they have a couple for sale now.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the center console boats with outboards are better suited to areas like Florida that are predominantly salt water due to maintenance. The MCOB definitely started out on the west coast, but it is gaining traction in the midwest. Friend of mine bought a Nordic 28 Heat MCOB and loves it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.