Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anyone Notice Anything Wrong in These Videos >

Anyone Notice Anything Wrong in These Videos

Notices

Anyone Notice Anything Wrong in These Videos

Old 11-02-2015, 06:44 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

A pair of these passenger restraint devices were mounted on the sunpad keeping the girls securely attached to the boat.... you guys need to stop jumping to conclusions and use the proper safety equipment and its all good.

Old 11-02-2015, 06:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 817 Likes on 374 Posts

Well if nothing bad happens in next 10 years to that Kid he will be a baddass boat operator!
Old 11-02-2015, 06:53 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 256 Likes on 111 Posts

Live across from a state park boat ramp, see stuff like this all the time. No offense but they are mostly foreign, full dressed Taliban looking! Entertains all the neighbors. Slow no wake so I must go fast then?
Old 11-02-2015, 06:53 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

It wasn't the kid driving the boat that was the problem to me. My son is now 10 and has been driving boats with me there of course sense he was 3. Now for me it was the no life jacket and kill switch not on dad from what I could see. When my son is driving I never leave the side of the bolster and the kill switch is on me.
Old 11-02-2015, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 374 Posts

What did it for me was the fact that the kid is bent over the wheel...one mis-step or being off balance and what's the first thing he is gonna grab...the throttles and he is likely gonna push them forward. disaster waiting to happen.
Old 11-02-2015, 07:22 PM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

And yet most accidents are not caused by 10 yr old kids
Old 11-02-2015, 07:26 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by 1MOSES1
What did it for me was the fact that the kid is bent over the wheel...one mis-step or being off balance and what's the first thing he is gonna grab...the throttles and he is likely gonna push them forward. disaster waiting to happen.
Meet the kids Uncle Biff....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qziEn49CB-M
Old 11-02-2015, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Anyone else here think the first video is faked? Some creative video dubbing or it's a dual helm boat and the kid's controls are disconnected. Watch how much he is cranking that wheel at speed and the background shows little evidence of the boat direction changing much.
Old 11-02-2015, 08:44 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,125 Likes on 475 Posts

Sarcasm is fun, guilty as charged.
Correct answers are obvious in these two vids but can anyone here honestly say they've never done the same thing? I've had kids drive my boats, and sometimes, at pretty good speed, but as 1989mach1 said above, I do keep a very close watch on what they're doing. Girls on the sun pad, yeah, I've done that too. Never at high speed and only in calm conditions but I know that doesn't make it right.

Many of us grew up in powerboats and I am certain my love of boats started the day I learnt to drive dad's boat at the age of 4 so I can't condem the father of the kid for letting him drive, I've been in both positions, the kid and the boat owner and I'm sure kids will drive my boats again in the future. The dad was watching pretty close by but once again, it's not really an excuse.

These sort of things will always happen, most of us are probably guilty, just hope luck stays on their side and they love boating.

RR
Old 11-02-2015, 08:50 PM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by Powerquest230
Anyone else here think the first video is faked? Some creative video dubbing or it's a dual helm boat and the kid's controls are disconnected. Watch how much he is cranking that wheel at speed and the background shows little evidence of the boat direction changing much.
Think the boat is a standard top gun. They typically don't have dual helm. Furthermore early in the video you can see the wife in the co pilot seat not driving.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.