Notices

Rumor Has It?

Old 09-18-2002, 03:30 PM
jb
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

baja daze...How far up on the beach is that Baha any ways??
Holy crap, how do ya get it off? Is there water under the transon.
Is there still Gel on the Keel?
Old 09-18-2002, 04:52 PM
Registered

yeah what ever happened to the guy that was selling things that seemed to be stolen and said he died or something??
Old 09-18-2002, 05:18 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Daze
A "Gruntle" is what I was in Viet Nam
Ist that guy that sold a bunch of non existing boats and then dissapeared in to the ozone withe the dough??? I dont remember the whole story, but it was here on the board a while back...wasnt it challenger boats??? in Ill or Ind?

Dan
Old 09-18-2002, 08:09 PM
jb
Registered

yeah...I am with mxz... I remember thta story. The guy died..oops that was a lie then all hell and lies broke out. Resurface that thread someone!
Old 09-18-2002, 09:09 PM
Registered

I entered Jim Clem in a search and didn't get anything. I want to hear more.
Old 09-19-2002, 07:33 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ya, I don't know anything about this Clem character but I remember reading some news articles about some guys selling preproduction boats, taking deposits, promising to build boats and then moving on to another state with no boats being built or ever speaking to the customers again. The guy I'm talking about did this for like 4 years in like 8 states.....Is this the same guy???
--------------------
The other guy you are talking about was/is MERC575...He used to work for Baja, sold a bunch of stuff on here, never delivered and then faked his death on the board....A couple of days later, after a flood of sympathy for his wife the truth came out and all of a sudden she no longer thinks he's dead....what a mess that was!
---------------------
DanB, thanks!
---------------------
jb,
Not too far at all...That's a great island for it's very steep incline and deep approcah. The boat is only about 2-3 feet on the island(pulled on there by hand) and is almost free to float off, hence the need for an anchor...The transom is in about 4-5' of water. You can push it off very easily by hand or just idle it in reverse. It looks worse than it was probably because of the small pic size and exceptionally clear water!
Old 09-19-2002, 10:17 AM
Marie Awesome

Correct spelling : Jim Klym

Old 09-19-2002, 12:33 PM
Registered

Yep, somebody's gonna have to explain this one.
Old 09-19-2002, 12:43 PM
Registered

RE: JIM CLEM>>>> Is he a BIGGISH, FATTISH, BLONDISH guy that "SELLS" CHALLENGER/RALLYSPORT or "similar" boats?????? I HAVE to KNOW !!!!!!!
Old 09-19-2002, 01:01 PM
Registered

OK.........all. Just a brief story to update you all. Jim Clem (Klym) used to be the owner of Awesome Boats. He did deals all the time and alot of the..I mean alot......were not above board (saying it mildly) A real nice guy to deal with........but if you did not keep a close look on the deal......you money, your boat and he would be south (so to speak).........leaving you out in the cold. He also had past experience in Arrow boats and I can't remember the other brand he made and sold. That is as far as I want to go in to it with out making some people upset. I'll deal with them at the Miami Boat show

But as you can see from the responses ....there are quite a few people he pissed off and ripped off......before and after the sale

Quick Reply: Rumor Has It?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.