Notices

Scary moment in Key West

Old 11-18-2015, 09:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am so happy that you and your son are safe! I have a question about your post. What do you mean by the turn boat made a vacuum that caused you to flip?
Old 11-19-2015, 12:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by WeaponX
Well it's evident you have no idea what your talking about since we have both raced before so I won't respond to you again.
How many races have you raced together?
Old 11-19-2015, 12:42 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by WeaponX
Well it's evident you have no idea what your talking about since we have both raced before so I won't respond to you again.
Don't take the bait on unnecessary questions, f*ck that nonsense, accidents happen, keep racing, keep racing, keep racing.
Old 11-19-2015, 07:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Smarty
Don't take the bait on unnecessary questions, f*ck that nonsense, accidents happen, keep racing, keep racing, keep racing.
I apologize if you think my question wasn't necessary and will not ask another one. I was just trying to figure out how the turn boat made a vacuum that caused them to flip. After reading the racer's interview I will make sure I stay away from large boats and weird shaped waves that are greenish-yellow in color.
Old 11-20-2015, 04:00 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by STAGGERED
I apologize if you think my question wasn't necessary and will not ask another one. I was just trying to figure out how the turn boat made a vacuum that caused them to flip. After reading the racer's interview I will make sure I stay away from large boats and weird shaped waves that are greenish-yellow in color.
My response was not directed at you, but I was responding to the post#33 which seemed to be a follow-up question to post #12, post from two different OSO memebers.The inference in #12 was that the accident was soley due to lack of seat time-racing experience, I disagree. I also subscribe to the premise that anyone and everyone should post whatever is on thier mind with regards to boats, I am not against asking tough questions or insulting anyone within reason, but expect blow-back if someone disagrees.

Staggered, I have been on this site since its inception, your question is a good question, and please keep asking, that is how we can all learn, from other's mistakes, so maybe we don't have to experience the same mistake-accident. Sorry for the confusion, I should have been more specific.

Stephen

Last edited by Smarty; 11-20-2015 at 04:07 PM.
Old 11-20-2015, 08:03 PM
Registered

My response was not directed at you, but I was responding to the post#33 which seemed to be a follow-up question to post #12, post from two different OSO memebers.The inference in #12 was that the accident was soley due to lack of seat time-racing experience, I disagree. I also subscribe to the premise that anyone and everyone should post whatever is on thier mind with regards to boats, I am not against asking tough questions or insulting anyone within reason, but expect blow-back if someone disagrees.

Staggered, I have been on this site since its inception, your question is a good question, and please keep asking, that is how we can all learn, from other's mistakes, so maybe we don't have to experience the same mistake-accident. Sorry for the confusion, I should have been more specific.

Stephen
I made post #33. just wondering what experience the team had. The Speed on the Water article left me to believe they did not have much racing experience. The Superbaot class is a very rough class to race in and has some of the best racers on the face of the planet in it. I applaud the team and hope they stay with it. I have heard many different stories about the team and wanted to ask them themselves. Not tying to start $hit.
Old 11-20-2015, 08:36 PM
Registered

Stephen
Thanks for the clarification Stephen! I asked the question because I had never heard of a boat creating a vacuum in the water and since the owner of the team responded to this thread, I thought I could learn something new from a professional racer.
Old 11-20-2015, 09:54 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by extras
I made post #33. just wondering what experience the team had. The Speed on the Water article left me to believe they did not have much racing experience. The Superbaot class is a very rough class to race in and has some of the best racers on the face of the planet in it. I applaud the team and hope they stay with it. I have heard many different stories about the team and wanted to ask them themselves. Not tying to start $hit.
Originally Posted by extras
How many races have you raced together?
We have raced twice together
I have pics and videos of my son running one of my cats at 135 mph when he was 12 I could post. He has more seat time in cats then 99% of the people on here.
I raced SBI SuperCat 2006. Been running / Rigging 160+ mph cat boats for 10 yrs.

Vacuum may not be the right word but when a wave moves around a object of large size it alters the shape of the wave. Which is what I think must have caused the odd shape of the wave when we entered the corner so much closer then anyone else. Not sure the cause of that ride and I can say I've asked a lot of people who would have a real good guess.
Counterclockwise roll on a left hand corner?? Real odd.

Oh and yes it was yellowish green. Don't know why he added that and left out some of the good things I said. Lol
Old 11-21-2015, 02:56 PM
Registered

Thanks for the response! Hopefully you guys can get your boat fixed and be ready for next year!