OPA-APBA Race in Englewood, FL who is racing there

Notices

OPA-APBA Race in Englewood, FL who is racing there

Old 11-18-2015, 09:25 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts
Default OPA-APBA Race in Englewood, FL who is racing there

I ask this as my mother lives in West Rotonda next to Englewood, Florida and asked me about the boat parade,asked me what race teams will be there, what time are the races, where can she watch the races, will Brian Williamson and Robert be there in the 34' Phantom "Perdition", is Will Smith racing and if so what boat is he driving, will the fast cats be there, who are the boats to watch for - who are the top dogs, ect, ect, ect, she had lots of questions, I had zero answers. I just watched the live telecast from Key West last week, and thought racing was done for year, so this is race caught me offguard.

Keep in mind my mother just turned 70 years old on Novemeber 12, so while she may be old she has been going to races since the early 1970's at Pt. Pleasant, Atlantic City, and Kent Island, MD too. She likes to look at the boats and watch, don't worry about her asking for a ride, she would never get in a raceboat, and she gets sea-sick when she used to watch the races from an anchored boat, so she needs to know the best vantage point to watch the races from, whether it is the beach or pier, and where exactly, that would be great info.

And, if any of you convinced her to get a race boat for a quick test/ride, you would be the best salesman in the world - that would be on par with selling ice in Alaska, that would be something else.

I would like to help my mother with the details, please provide me some info, from the participants, or anyone who knows details, please post or PM me.

Stephen "Smarty" Jones

Last edited by Smarty; 11-18-2015 at 09:30 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-18-2015, 11:09 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

This is a start, but who has in the inside info...

http://englewoodbeachwaterfest.com/r...ule-of-events/
Old 11-19-2015, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

also interested, Would think a week turn out after the Worlds just wrapping up a few days ago. I did see on 2nd Amendment said they were racing via Facebook
Old 11-19-2015, 10:39 AM
Registered

It would be nice if they posted an "Entry List" pdf like SBI does.

Regardless, we are driving down on Sunday for sure, may do the whole weekend. It should be a nice follow up weekend to our longer KW trip.

Dave
Old 11-19-2015, 10:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Smarty
This is a start, but who has in the inside info...

http://englewoodbeachwaterfest.com/r...ule-of-events/
Smarty,

Have your Mom park at one of the parking lots off Manasota Key and catch a ride in. All activites will be on the Key and most right at Englewood Beach. Parking will be a problem as they are using all the parking lot at the Beach for the Race Village and there is very little side street/off street parking. She'll either want to go Friday or Sunday as Saturday is just a practice day. The parade is today with the full Budweiser hitch on Dearborn. Boats are already pouring in and traffic is crazy (According to my wife who is already there.)

Sidney
Old 11-19-2015, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Heres the general lineup: it is not official, just based off commitments seen on FB and here and looking at their lineup all year

Extreme: Miss Geico
Supercat: Cleveland Construction
Superstock: Double Edge Motorsports
Class 2: Batman boat
Class 3: 2-3 boats
Class 4: 2-3 boats
Class 5: 10-15 boats
Class 6: 10-15 boats
Class 7: 5-6 boats
SVL: 3-4 boats
Old 11-19-2015, 12:36 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Thanks for the information, I just got done court in Camden, NJ (as the criminal attorney, not a defendant) on a dreary day in the Northeast (mild temps but raining and windy), and there is a boat parade in SW Florida, there is something wrong with this picture. I need to be in Florida.

Sidney64 and F1-00 Racing thank you...
Old 11-19-2015, 12:40 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Sidney64
Smarty,

Have your Mom park at one of the parking lots off Manasota Key and catch a ride in. All activites will be on the Key and most right at Englewood Beach. Parking will be a problem as they are using all the parking lot at the Beach for the Race Village and there is very little side street/off street parking. She'll either want to go Friday or Sunday as Saturday is just a practice day. The parade is today with the full Budweiser hitch on Dearborn. Boats are already pouring in and traffic is crazy (According to my wife who is already there.)

Sidney
It is 1:39 P.M. just spoke with my mother she is on her way to the parade now, thanks again
Old 11-19-2015, 01:27 PM
KN
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there going to be a live stream for the race?

Thanks
Old 11-19-2015, 04:53 PM
bwd
Registered

Will is racing his new 32, Mr Technology.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.