My boat exhaust cost more than my car >

My boat exhaust cost more than my car

Notices

My boat exhaust cost more than my car

Old 11-20-2015, 07:10 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

LOL. In my area, if you work, you get dirty. Most all our work around here is labor intensive. If you are poor or rich, you still come home a mess.

The cleaned up, well dressed people are either retired or visitors.
Old 11-20-2015, 07:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1989mach1
Drew I always wanted to do something like that but one step further. I am a concrete finisher and am not the cleanest after work. It would be fun to walk in like that with a fat stack of cash in your pocket and when no one asks like they did to u wake up to some one and tell them u want to see the owner and he walks up pull out the cash and point to a car on the show room floor and say I was going to buy that one but nobody wanted to help me so I guess I'll go some where else. Thanks for your time lol
there really is more to my story , the husband of the daughter of the main guy who owns the dealership also owns a bunch of other high end car dealer. I won't say the name . But I said to the son in law ( self made millionaire) what happened to me when I went to his wife's run auto dealer . All he could say was " that's not the first time I heard that and we have been working on it". I said well not that I'm going to put you out of business because I was pissed off but the masses May from that disrespect

Last edited by Drew555; 11-20-2015 at 08:00 PM.
Old 11-20-2015, 07:58 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

This thread is hilarious.

But at least I know Im not the only one who has my priorities straight!
Old 11-20-2015, 08:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,051 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Free the Man Robby u crack me the F U....LMAO
Old 11-20-2015, 09:02 PM
SB
Registered

The salespeople should go on a field trip to a Caterpillar (or the like)dealer for a day or two.

See how dressed up the guys are that are buying 100K, 200K, 400K, 900K pieces of equipment. And some are buying multiples. Compared to a 60K Mercedes....please !

They may be dressed up, actually, new work boots, new jeans, and maybe a long overdue haircut.
LOL.
Old 11-20-2015, 09:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,051 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
The salespeople should go on a field trip to a Caterpillar (or the like)dealer for a day or two.

See how dressed up the guys are that are buying 100K, 200K, 400K, 900K pieces of equipment. And some are buying multiples. Compared to a 60K Mercedes....please !

They may be dressed up, actually, new work boots, new jeans, and maybe a long overdue haircut.
LOL.
WTF are you smoking......................or is it me.....
Old 11-20-2015, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

I think most sales men r kinda like that in some way. I was at a boat broker/dealer that also is a marine works on boats and was looking at what they had there and was talking to the sales guy. He sead if we dont have what you want we can help find it for you. So me and my wife told him what we wanted and if he can get it we will take it. Never hurd from him again even called a few times to touch base with him. So a year and a half later I dragged my new to me boat into the lot to talk to the owner about him do I g the motor work for me and the sales guy walks out sees the boat and had that aww **** look on his face like he thought these young kids can't afford what they want. That look was priceless I won't forget it
Old 11-20-2015, 09:56 PM
SB
Registered

Originally Posted by 33outlawsst
WTF are you smoking......................or is it me.....
Don't know what you mean ?

I am poking fun but serious at same time.

I actually have a lot of dealership experience from the inside. I know how employees (I was in charge of a good amt of people) and customers can be.

I've tagged along for a couple massive (to me) $$$ heavy equipment sales.

Maybe my experiences are different than yours. I dunno. I can only answer for what I was a part of.

Last edited by SB; 11-20-2015 at 09:59 PM.
Old 11-20-2015, 10:03 PM
SB
Registered

A wise and very successful businessman (owned lots of heavy equipment, trailers, processing plants, etc) near me, told me way back, don't judge a book by it's cover nor by how he talks. Just look at his shoes. Look at his damn feet and know exactly what he's wearing (on them).

LOL.
Old 11-21-2015, 02:56 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,125 Likes on 475 Posts

I spent over 20 years selling cars, mostly with Toyota and then BMW. We're all guilty of prejudging people when they set foot in a dealership. Cardinal sin but all salesmen do it occasionally. We have good days and bad days like anyone else.

It took me a long time to realize that clothes DO NOT maketh the man, that's just something my mum would tell me when I had my shirt hanging out or buttons undone.

The most successful car salesmen I've met are those who can see beyond all that crap and talk to every potential customer in the same manner. In this case, the salesman lost out on a sale and he's one step further from reaching his monthly target/bonus. More the fool him!

RR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.