Jefferson Marlago (or Similar) information/question >

Jefferson Marlago (or Similar) information/question

Notices

Jefferson Marlago (or Similar) information/question

Old 11-24-2015, 07:26 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 74 Likes on 24 Posts

Steve, Congrats on the new boat!!I From what I hear, you guys had quite a trip going to get it...
Give me a call when you get a chance. I may have a spare motor for you. Its locked up, but has a brand new lower unit and tons of good parts.
Jeff
Old 12-04-2015, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So a friend of mine wants to put a $1,000 bet that I won't hit 50MPH without big modifications to the boat and motor. He said I can change props, do a tune up, have empty water, waste, and fuel tank, empty boat and thats all for modifications. He won't allow me to change engine displacement, computer, or take off the bottom paint for the bet. I know I saw 50MPH on my cell phone app, I wish it recorded it. But my question is I ran this boat and got it to like 45MPH and confident with the current set up it can easily do that. Changing of the props and getting the RPM up to normal 5700-5900RPM do you guys think I can hit or break that 50MPH mark. I will have all summer to do it.
Why I think it can do it:
- I swear I saw it on my phone
- Manufacture said out of the factory with those motors it did 54-57MPH (no bottom paint and new)
- Reports of it getting over 50MPH online from Yamaha.

I never messed with props too much and don't know what to expect especially going from 4 to 3 blade. So should I make this bet?
Old 12-04-2015, 01:40 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The cell phone apps can be off in speed just to let you know- a TRUE gps handheld is best. 50 MPH MAY be doable but tough on a 35 ' Marlago- they are heavy..... and bottom paint....
Old 12-04-2015, 02:37 PM
Registered

Received 569 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by wannabe
The cell phone apps can be off in speed just to let you know- a TRUE gps handheld is best. 50 MPH MAY be doable but tough on a 35 ' Marlago- they are heavy..... and bottom paint....
They aren't heavy. 6400 w/o engines. His engines probably weigh 500 a piece.
Old 12-09-2015, 09:54 AM
Registered

We will be in touch! I am going through the motors in March and taking it to FL in the end of april. I may need a parts motor. Do those have props on them? Im in the market for Mirage plus 21P for these motors.

Originally Posted by BONDO10
Steve, Congrats on the new boat!!I From what I hear, you guys had quite a trip going to get it...
Give me a call when you get a chance. I may have a spare motor for you. Its locked up, but has a brand new lower unit and tons of good parts.
Jeff
Old 12-09-2015, 09:56 AM
Registered

We had the boat on a hoist and was about 8000 with 3/8 fuel, 30 gal water and some waste water. Also had couple hundred LB of gear
Old 03-12-2016, 10:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys. New to the forum. I have a 99 Marlago with 2002 Yamaha 4 stroke 225s. I already have printed copies of the 2006 Yamaha performance bulletin with twin 250's. However, I saw a performance bulletin on some blog / forum that I visited that was for a Marlago FS35 with with 225s. Like an idiot, I did not download it, or print it, and now I cannot find it again. It is not in Yamaha's archives, but I promise it exists. I know a boat this size has no business with meager 225s. However, it was fairly impressive as far as fuel efficiency with the right props. Of course, I wish I had at least 250's....300's would be optimum. But, 225s are what I have. i'm trying to dig up this old performance bulletin because it specified props. No, the boat is not fast with 225's, but as I recall it cruised in the mid 30's @ 1.5 - 1.6 GPH. Since my main use for the boat is long Bahamas crossings from the FL coast, MAX cruising efficiency is my top priority. Although the 250s are propped with 23p props, I could swear the Yamaha performance bulletin with twin 225s were propped with 3 blade 14 5/8" @ 21p. Right now I have small, goofy Merc 4 blade racing props, which I know cannot be optimum. Does anyone have the Yamaha performance bulletin for twin 225s on a Marlago FS35? If not, any ideas on proper prop size and pitch?
Old 03-13-2016, 12:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by greglb3291
Hey guys. New to the forum. I have a 99 Marlago with 2002 Yamaha 4 stroke 225s. I already have printed copies of the 2006 Yamaha performance bulletin with twin 250's. However, I saw a performance bulletin on some blog / forum that I visited that was for a Marlago FS35 with with 225s. Like an idiot, I did not download it, or print it, and now I cannot find it again. It is not in Yamaha's archives, but I promise it exists. I know a boat this size has no business with meager 225s. However, it was fairly impressive as far as fuel efficiency with the right props. Of course, I wish I had at least 250's....300's would be optimum. But, 225s are what I have. i'm trying to dig up this old performance bulletin because it specified props. No, the boat is not fast with 225's, but as I recall it cruised in the mid 30's @ 1.5 - 1.6 GPH. Since my main use for the boat is long Bahamas crossings from the FL coast, MAX cruising efficiency is my top priority. Although the 250s are propped with 23p props, I could swear the Yamaha performance bulletin with twin 225s were propped with 3 blade 14 5/8" @ 21p. Right now I have small, goofy Merc 4 blade racing props, which I know cannot be optimum. Does anyone have the Yamaha performance bulletin for twin 225s on a Marlago FS35? If not, any ideas on proper prop size and pitch?
I want to cruise over to the Bahamas too. When are you doing this?
Old 03-13-2016, 12:20 PM
Registered

Yeah theses aren't necessarily slow hull designs they've just been very modestly powered from the factory. It is a relatively light foam cored padded bottom boat. I've heard they can 70 with 300Xs or 350 verados, so that's not bad. Your passengers would probably be scared ****less though due to the low freeboard in the back.
Old 09-18-2016, 10:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by greglb3291
I'm pretty sure I have this info. Let me know via PM and I'll get it to you. Be patient, as I am not on the site frequently, though.