Phuck yes.
Old 11-23-2015, 10:31 PM
Registered

Received 569 Likes on 341 Posts

Did the yellow chief sell?
Old 11-23-2015, 10:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just picked up a very nice and clean 2005 35 fountain that will run 90. Legend marine has a 2005 35 Nordic that will run 95 plus. Performance boat center has a very nice cig gladiator with brand new 525's in it that will probably run close to 100
Old 11-23-2015, 11:33 PM
Registered

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
Welcome WCTim!

Sounds like your on a good path for some fun!

I assume 2006 or newer so it's easier to finance?

In all honesty you are stepping into a some what unreliable territory, or at very minimum more expensive maintinance then some enjoy to afford. Those speeds and larger size just cost so much more to own, especially if you actually want to enjoy your new offshore boat like its made to be enjoyed! So don't forget to budget for drive rebuilds, engine refresh, header leaks, plus small misc and general service.

My advice is buy less then you can afford so you can enjoy using your toy and maintaining the unexpected, because it WILL break.

Buy what is the best overall bang for the buck. So far your on a good path. Don't think you can go wrong with a 35 or 38 Donzi ZR, 42 fountain, also check out the 39 and 41 Velocity. I personally love Cigarette but again see what you find. If your stuck on 100mph better make sure you can hit that number any time you want so really it should go 103-107, or your not going to be happy. We are guys, and always want more! LOL

Good luck on your search
Dont listen to this azzhat, buy way more boat than u can afford and something that will run 130ish so you can cruise at 100. Leverage your house, business, swap out that huge diamond in ur wife's wedding ring for a cubic zirconium she wont know the diff! withdraw the coin you put in ur kids college fund and buy a beast! If you have to, sell a pint of blood 18 or 20 times a month! You only go around once so treat yourself to the best... post up some pics of what u buy and a couple of the wife in a string bikini so we'll know how much game u got... suerte rm
Old 11-23-2015, 11:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by west coast tim
That is a very good question wildman....I race cars that require an incredible amount of maintenance and have catastrophic failure often, and fly, so i am ok with maintenance.
I think my parameters would be fluid changes and inspection throughout the season(50-60 hrs), and only having to do major maintenance every season. That is why the 525 with the xr its and sportmasters, and the 700 with nxts were interesting to me, but as i keep looking around, the the 700 seems to be out of my desired 125k price range. Like i said, I am new to the multi motor, heavy stuff, so I have a lot to learn, but i am very concerned about buying someone elses headache, or something they just put a band aid on or did not have the correct set up to begin with.
Are you willing to build motors for other people? You had me at "catastrophic failures often"! Lol
Old 11-24-2015, 12:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by iliveonanisland
Are you willing to build motors for other people? You had me at "catastrophic failures often"! Lol
i would love to sell you one of the motors we have on the shop floor! good price, and i will tell our crew chief that i will personally build this one for you I drag race race Outlaw Pro Mod cars, so... 526 cubic inch brad anderson hemi on alcohol, PSI C rotor screw blower at 140% overdrive... about 60lbs of boost with one inch of valve lift at 10,400 rpm... about 3600 horsepower.... yes i would re-state "catastrophic failures often" and i would agree it is LOL, because there is not a popular term for CRY OUT LOUD... most of our catastrophic failures are due to valve train(springs/ retainers/adjusters) failures. I figure with a fast boat, I will at least be able to have people with me and be able to drive longer than 5.5 seconds at a time, and when sea tow or vessel assist is towing us in for three hours at 6 knots, it will be an impromptu happy hour, complete with restroom, kitchen-ette, and killer sound system

would still love to sell you one, I have spares!
Old 11-24-2015, 12:20 AM
Registered

Dont listen to this azzhat, buy way more boat than u can afford and something that will run 130ish so you can cruise at 100. Leverage your house, business, swap out that huge diamond in ur wife's wedding ring for a cubic zirconium she wont know the diff! withdraw the coin you put in ur kids college fund and buy a beast! If you have to, sell a pint of blood 18 or 20 times a month! You only go around once so treat yourself to the best... post up some pics of what u buy and a couple of the wife in a string bikini so we'll know how much game u got... suerte rm
string would not contain what she got... would need to be at least be a small rope bikini
Old 11-24-2015, 04:14 AM
Registered

i would love to sell you one of the motors we have on the shop floor! good price, and i will tell our crew chief that i will personally build this one for you I drag race race Outlaw Pro Mod cars, so... 526 cubic inch brad anderson hemi on alcohol, PSI C rotor screw blower at 140% overdrive... about 60lbs of boost with one inch of valve lift at 10,400 rpm... about 3600 horsepower.... yes i would re-state "catastrophic failures often" and i would agree it is LOL, because there is not a popular term for CRY OUT LOUD... most of our catastrophic failures are due to valve train(springs/ retainers/adjusters) failures. I figure with a fast boat, I will at least be able to have people with me and be able to drive longer than 5.5 seconds at a time, and when sea tow or vessel assist is towing us in for three hours at 6 knots, it will be an impromptu happy hour, complete with restroom, kitchen-ette, and killer sound system

would still love to sell you one, I have spares!
With a pack of those motors around buy something without power and drop in a pair of those with a milder valve train then your talkin
Old 11-24-2015, 08:57 AM
Registered

With a pack of those motors around buy something without power and drop in a pair of those with a milder valve train then your talkin
wish i could...the BAE blocks and heads we use for the alcohol classes are solid billet aluminum with no water jackets...
Old 11-24-2015, 07:50 PM
Registered

Received 569 Likes on 341 Posts

wish i could...the BAE blocks and heads we use for the alcohol classes are solid billet aluminum with no water jackets...

Keep running them on methanol. That's how Dave Scott and Reggie fountain went so fast

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.