Notices

Outerlimits Sale Complete

Old 12-06-2015, 02:36 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

It's too bad this what was too be a postive thread took a dump!! Reopen the card shark thing if you wish but enough of mud throwing. Outerlimits builds a unbelievable boat and that's that!
Old 12-06-2015, 03:20 PM
Registered

Received 75 Likes on 34 Posts

I certainly hope that this Joe Sgro guy has turned a corner....however, somehow I feel this purchase of Outerlimits was for nefarious reasons. Come on, the guy pleaded out of a prison term by paying a massive restitution of close to a million bucks. Honest people defend themselves...they don't buy their freedom.

As far a pslonaker getting involved here...again basically blowing Bchuby, its quite comical. For you members who don't know of Slonaker, here are a few excerpts from his past posts. He claims to have killed a guy, yet after searching fairly extensively, no proof could be found. I don't care what he posts, just take it as it is, from a total b u l l s h i t t e r!
"the dude thought he was a bad@ss, made his threats and advanced at me after repeated warningsnot to approach us...he bought the farm."

"remember the movie BILLY JACK??? Where Billy made the kid drive his corvette down the boat ramp and into the lake? I did that a few years back with a dusch-bag like this 32 Baja owner...except my gonads are a little bigger. I also had a fully automatic UZI pointing in his immediate direction and told him he had a choice...either HIM or the boat was going to the bottom of the lake. Oh yea...by the way...I am also a licensed class 3 gun dealer and REAL machine guns are legal in Texas) He fished the boat out about a week later...strange...we have NEVER had another problem with him on our lake. ...I told the guy to go ahead and call the cops...report me...file your charges...do whatever. But when I make bail tomorrow...you had better figure out how you are going to get your ass off this planet because I am coming for you."
Shooter, these guys must not know who they are messing with:
"This is shooter from "THE NAM", not some "nickel dime commie"!!!!!!!"
Old 12-06-2015, 03:21 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 247 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by 525sc777
I wish the moderators would remove this thread due to a whole lot of speculation without positive facts, this is how a company gets a black eye for no reason. Outerlimits is and will always be the most respected offshore power boat builder out there, and continue to grow and keep breaking records without the loss of customer service and quality. If anyone on here knew Mike Fiore, would know that he was one of the most honest and sincere men that I have ever met in my life. Let's stop speculations and wish them the best of luck and respect that Mike is no longer here and be thankful that we still have the opportunity to own one of his awesome creations know as "Outerlimits"!!!!
Let people have their opinion, right or wrong, that is what makes this site interesting. When threads start disappearing because someone's feelings get hurt, or we dislike their point of view is not what makes this site great, I like hearing all sides, then I can make my own judgement.
Old 12-06-2015, 03:23 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 272bajadriver
Well agree to disagree. I'm quoting FACTS from legal cases. It's a FACT he reached a plea agreement and part of it was paying 850k in restitution. That's a FACT, not an opinion. If it walks like duck , quacks like a duck, it's a duck is all I'm saying. I don't condone any kind of criminal behavior. In this case it affected all the hard working people that have to now pay higher insurance premiums on their boat insurance.
Two Points (your duck logic is flawed)

First:

OL builds boats, they don't shred boats (nor would that ever happen), in my $.02 opinion, fast, beautiful boats. Dan, while I have never met him, loves boats, loves OL, and hopefully he succeeds, from everything I read about him he is all about success. They build a great product, and great products sell. Nothing nefarious here, great boats to those who can afford to buy them.

Joe Sgro, I met him twice, once about 20+ years or so ago, when he was racing his 28' Manta "Fever", yes that long ago, and another time at a NYC Poker Run, Nigel Hiook was at the NYC Poker Run, not sure of the year, but that is not the point. He has always been a verynice and engaging guy, at least with me, he has/had no idea who I was. I love the way he drives, and his boats have performed on the race course. In the first two or three minutes of meeting someone I, my opinion is made, I like Joe Sgro, I know he loves boats, and he has a sh*t load of experience. Let Dan run OL, let Joe help, and invest and make suggestions, OL (the Fiore's) will remain on top.

Second Point:

This is Smarty "the lawyer" speaking now, Card Shark boat theft crime, it is over, restitution accordng to others in this post has been paid, or was ordered to be paid. I do not know the facts, nor am I interested in revisting the Card Shark thread, it is just way too much to read. If Mr. Sgro plead out, and was sentenced, it is over, let it go, forgive. Material things can be replaced, it sucks someones boat was stolen, but I don't recall a life being lost, or anyone physically being hurt, let it go, move on with life, forgive, people learn from bad choices, we all make mistakes, just sometimes the mistakes we make are consdiered by law more egregious than other mistakes and therefore have greater penalties and consequences of magnitude.

People, places, and things we hang around, if bad, can get anyone of us in trouble, then it comes down to choices. Learn form bad choices, do not repeat the same mistake Sentence has been rendered from what I can tell. Life moves on, I am an optimistic person, I deal with criminals all the time, "but for the grace of God, there go I" is a phrase I have buried inside of me, this is 2015, live today, keep moving forward, do right and for the haters who want to live in the past, and derail a positve thread about Joe Sgro and OL, which I believe is good business decision, TFB (too f*cking bad), get over it.

In my heart and mind, I think this is a great pairing/ownership/investment for OL-Mr. Sgro. I wish them the best,

Stephen "Smarty" Jones

Last edited by Smarty; 12-06-2015 at 03:26 PM.
Old 12-06-2015, 03:44 PM
Registered

Received 571 Likes on 342 Posts

Sounds like a bunch of posters here wouldn't mind if I stole their boats, as long as I was a really nice engaging guy. Wtf

Paying a big insurance premium chaps my ass and this dude is buying a reputable boat with proceeds that may be from stealing boats.
Old 12-06-2015, 03:49 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by hogie roll
Sounds like a bunch of posters here wouldn't mind if I stole their boats, as long as I was a really nice engaging guy. Wtf

Paying a big insurance premium chaps my ass and this dude is buying a reputable boat with proceeds that may be from stealing boats.
No not what the f*ck, I would mind if my boat was stolen, but once a thief not always a thief, not a complicated point at all. I forgive, can you? Joe Sgro has zero to do with your big ass insurance permium, sell the bs elsewhere.

I think that this is a good business decision, good for OL, and good for people who desire have a beautiful fast boat, I don't know sh*t about the facts and circumstances regarding the Card Shark incident and what involvement, if any, that Joe Sgro had in it, speaking as a criminal defense attorney, sometimes a plea is far better than a risk of trial; unless someone posts the actual discovery, not the pleadings, but the discovery, nobody knows sh*t about the case, too much speculation,

A whole bunch of know-it-alls,

Last edited by Smarty; 12-06-2015 at 03:56 PM.
Old 12-06-2015, 04:33 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Smarty
No not what the f*ck, I would mind if my boat was stolen, but once a thief not always a thief, not a complicated point at all. I forgive, can you? Joe Sgro has zero to do with your big ass insurance permium, sell the bs elsewhere.

I think that this is a good business decision, good for OL, and good for people who desire have a beautiful fast boat, I don't know sh*t about the facts and circumstances regarding the Card Shark incident and what involvement, if any, that Joe Sgro had in it, speaking as a criminal defense attorney, sometimes a plea is far better than a risk of trial; unless someone posts the actual discovery, not the pleadings, but the discovery, nobody knows sh*t about the case, too much speculation,

A whole bunch of know-it-alls,
If you don't know the whole story on card shark how do you know or don't know if it has something to do with higher insurance premiums? It has everything to do with it. He was involved in the theft of cardshark and other boats along with that skater that was never built. Your statement saying it has nothing to do with his high insurance premiums is absolutely wrong, those guys involved in all those thefts were costing hardworking people tons of money. It's mind blowing the way a criminal climate is accepted. Everyone has a right to their own opinion seems like when people call it how it is feelings get hurt
Old 12-06-2015, 04:44 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 272bajadriver
If you don't know the whole story on card shark how do you know or don't know if it has something to do with higher insurance premiums? It has everything to do with it. He was involved in the theft of cardshark and other boats along with that skater that was never built. Your statement saying it has nothing to do with his high insurance premiums is absolutely wrong, those guys involved in all those thefts were costing hardworking people tons of money. It's mind blowing the way a criminal climate is accepted. Everyone has a right to their own opinion seems like when people call it how it is feelings get hurt
I read the Card Shark thread once, I do not have all the facts and opinions memorized, and I have a fairly high IQ. Unless I read the discovery of the case, know one knows what really happened (allegedly and or factually). I would estimate what is in that thread is only a fraction of what the facts of the case are, but this thread is what is business merger OL-Joe Sgro, what is good for OL, what is good for the boat industry, what is good for someone wants OL to build them a boat, stand behind the product, and and have faith the company will address any defect, and malfunction if it happens, and repair and replacement parts, and rehabilitation of the a worn out or weathered boat. This thread is about good news for a good boat company. Again, not complicated. Whenit comes to boat knowledge Joe Sgro is extremely knoweledgeable, now that is a true and accurate fact.

PS Let me set the record straight in the past I sometimes was not an OL fan at all, not just because of their cheerleading section, but also due to injury and deaths in OL boating accidents, but a good boat is a good boat, I give credit when it is due. OL builds the best V bottom in the world. I am not involved with company, the Fiore's where never ever pleasant with me at the NYC or Miami boat shows, and I disagreed with Dan on some topics many years ago on OSO, so I am not an OL cheerleader, but I appreciate that Dan loves his boats, and he has a vision, I appreciate that the Fiore's build the best the boats in the world, who cares if they aren't friendly to me, I am sometimes an oinry bastard, and lastly Joe Sgro will be good for the company, I am about a neutral as a commenter/poster can be. I am a realist, I think this good for OL and the boating industry, I want them to succeed, I wish I could afford to own an OL.

Last edited by Smarty; 12-06-2015 at 04:53 PM.
Old 12-06-2015, 04:46 PM
Registered

Received 3,058 Likes on 997 Posts

Does the new business OL of NJ get to walk away from all of OL debt?

If so, that's kinda f'd if you're owed money by OL.

Isn't this basically what happened with Fountain Powerboats?

Whatever, I guess. Just curious.
Old 12-06-2015, 05:11 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Smarty
I read the Card Shark thread once, I do not have all the facts and opinions memorized, and I have a fairly high IQ. Unless I read the discovery of the case, know one knows what really happened (allegedly and or factually). I would estimate what is in that thread is only a fraction of what the facts of the case are, but this thread is what is business merger OL-Joe Sgro, what is good for OL, what is good for the boat industry, what is good for someone wants OL to build them a boat, stand behind the product, and and have faith the company will address any defect, and malfunction if it happens, and repair and replacement parts, and rehabilitation of the a worn out or weathered boat. This thread is about good news for a good boat company. Again, not complicated. Whenit comes to boat knowledge Joe Sgro is extremely knoweledgeable, now that is a true and accurate fact.
No problem smarty i can respect your opinion. In my opinion There's more to running a successful company than knowledge about boats you also have to take care of your financials. In my opinion just personal opinion I feel he will manipulate the financial side of the company in a way that doesn't have the best interest of the clients at hand I will leave it at that

Smarty I will say it's nice disagreeing with someone and still keeping it in a professional matter like you did. If everyone can just do the same instead of insulting each other. You have your view on things and I have a different view on some things, I respect that and it's great we can disagree on things and still keep it professional.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.