Miami Vice season 2 Scarab changes hands >

Miami Vice season 2 Scarab changes hands

Notices

Miami Vice season 2 Scarab changes hands

Old 12-06-2015, 11:36 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sonicss42
Glad to see it all came together for you. Hope Tony and Brad were what I told you they were.
How have you been Charlie?
The boat never did make it over by Tony. Eventually Bruce came to terms with the fact that the whole deal was dragged out long enough. He made a sweet "as is" reduction in the price with his word to make good on the engines if there are any issues.
Brad and I both agree that the issues fall on 18 years of varnish from the tank hitting the filters.
It made for some anxious moments when word slipped out and others made a run at it.
There had been an offer made sight unseen for a considerable amount more than our agreed price, but the old fella turned it down because he had given me his word that it was mine.
Ya have to respect someone who still has values.
I guess it was just meant to happen. After all those years I looked for it without the slightest lead, his son stumble on to our Vice boat fb page and dropped it in my lap. He had no intention of selling it for fear it wouldn't be kept original, but decided to let me have it because I knew the significance of the numeral 2 on the transom.
Old 12-06-2015, 11:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Canuck B Crazy
Great find congrats on the purchase. You should contact speed on the water or speedboat magazine and see if they'll cover the restoration story. Its an important boat. I was already boating when Vice came out, but it was with the family in a trawler. My friends and I liked jet boats, etc. at the lake. It was Vice that introduced us to offshore.
The most common phrase I hear is "That boat is the reason I'm in the sport"
The first time I seen her scream across the screen, I turned to my girlfriendat the time and told her, one day I'm gonna have one of those.
Who knew?
I wanted to find this particular boat because it was the only screen used boat with butterfly hatches like my Vice edition has.
When we were at Volo, Michael and I went to lunch and one of the topics of conversation was the insurgence of new fan base amongst younger generations since the show has gone into syndication. He sees it in his fan mail and I see it on our fb page for the boats.
I was amazed at that amount of little kids that dragged their parents down the dock to see the Mini Vice at Boyne Thunder.

Last edited by scarab kv; 12-06-2015 at 11:55 AM.
Old 12-06-2015, 11:56 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats! Sounds like you have been searching for a while.
Old 12-06-2015, 01:44 PM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 41 Posts

Congradulatoins on a cool boat and find. Enjoy her, there great looking boats.
Old 12-06-2015, 02:09 PM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by scarab kv
It will be a complete restoration to original.
She's in pretty rough shape, but 100% intact and unmolested as it was used in the show except for the risers and KAAMA mufflers, which the owner still had.
Brad Wallace recently went through the Cyclones, so they're ready other then needing to be made cosmetically correct to original.
Dave will be handling the glass and paint
What is the back story on this boat's history? Looks like you are the guy for the boat and it's needed restoration!
Old 12-06-2015, 02:11 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Iconic boat indeed!
Glad to see one not getting cut up and parted out.
Old 12-06-2015, 03:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 171 Likes on 86 Posts

Super cool!! Thanks for sharing. Good luck with the resto and look forward to seeing the progress.
Old 12-06-2015, 04:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
What is the back story on this boat's history? Looks like you are the guy for the boat and it's needed restoration!
Chasing its history has been half the fun, but that's gonna take some typing and I'm up against the clock for time right now.
I'll bet that just made Glass Dave laught
Old 12-06-2015, 06:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

Congrats!!!!!
Old 12-06-2015, 09:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now you need a Dornaus & Dixon Bren Ten

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.