Notices

yamaha or seadoo

Old 12-25-2015, 08:20 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

POST # 38 - You are correct about the Yamaha SC was introduced - out late 2007 for model year 2008. MY BAD TOTALLY 100 %, I get that one mixed up - the HO Non SC with SHO model and then after the fact in post # 30 met to say NON SC - missed typing the word NON so my bad again after I knew better.

Will still add the 2004 and 2005 Yamaha FX Cruiser HO is a problem child - engine lock up been common from what I have seen but really do not work on jet skis but have to for some customers. Also heard that this app can have ECM issues as well. I think the engine lock ups come from a front exhaust crack for this model & year Yamaha.

Last edited by BUP; 12-25-2015 at 08:32 PM.
Old 12-28-2015, 02:56 PM
Ing
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

Even though it's probably a moot point, my two cents as a previous Yamaha owner and experience with SeeDoos. Yamaha engines in the Waverunners have been purpose built marine engines from the get go. SeaDoos were snowmobile or ATV engines repurposed for the marine environment. Never had issues with the Yamahas. I don't know a Seadoo owner who has not had issues with theirs. The hulls of the Yamahas are also lighter and better built with the infusion mold process.