Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Double Down refit almost complete! Must see pics! >

Double Down refit almost complete! Must see pics!

Notices

Double Down refit almost complete! Must see pics!

Old 12-21-2015, 10:44 AM
Registered

Received 750 Likes on 403 Posts

Beautiful, although I just don't get the appeal of a boat like this. Might make more sense after being invited to spend a couple weeks on it. Hint, hint..
Old 12-21-2015, 10:53 AM
Registered

Received 894 Likes on 485 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Beautiful, although I just don't get the appeal of a boat like this. Might make more sense after being invited to spend a couple weeks on it. Hint, hint..
You can't see this going up the main channel towards the dam at LOTO?

There is definitely a line between size and usability in certain areas. In the Bahamas anything over 6-8 ft draft becomes a hassle due to shallow water. Even in Ft Lauderdale (mega yacht heaven) this boat would need to be towed up the New River (long narrow, winding) to access some of the bigger boat yards. The risk of damage far outweighs the cost of the tow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_dx7VgJzJo
Old 12-21-2015, 10:56 AM
Registered

Of course they can be tough to dock as well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hId0EhWeRKg
This was Chris Cline's (billionaire coal miner from WV) yacht named "Mine Games." He recently renamed the yacht Amaruso Sun and put it up for charter at 300K a week. Coal business has gotten slow so toys have to go! (or rented).
Old 12-21-2015, 01:23 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for posting pics and info
Old 12-21-2015, 10:42 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

For those of you who LOVE IT when there's more to the story...especially when it comes to Staluppi and Rossati - Google is your friend to dig deeper.
Old 12-22-2015, 09:03 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thank you Gino for posting the pics. I was right, the interior is stunning. To see the uber-master-craftsmanship that went into this boat is amazing enough. But to see so much of it in one place is without doubt, a treat. Look at the woodwork in this boat. When one considers the gyrations and movements that any boat goes through, seeing the workmanship endure is the ultimate trick. The joints, miters and intersections of material look like they did when they were first done. While a few homes may contain the kind of detail, it rare for sure and even more rare is to see so much of it. Luxurious for sure, but if you have a boat like this what else would you do. It may not be everyone's "cup" but it takes all kinds, no? As far as I'm concerned, God Bless Mr. Rossati!

If I could, I would love to sit down with him and hear his stories about the car business in New York during the 60s' and 70s'. I'll bet he has some interesting stories................
Old 12-22-2015, 12:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

those are CAT 3516 motors ( 35 series 16 cylinder ) I rebuild those engines all the time. They are a real PITA to rebuild when they are in a boat.
Old 12-22-2015, 01:13 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jusabum
For those of you who LOVE IT when there's more to the story...especially when it comes to Staluppi and Rossati - Google is your friend to dig deeper.
There is aways that one person that loves to start trouble,.There is no more to the story other then hard work! If your referring to old bullcrap from jealous liberals which is all over 25 to 30 years old, it is nothing more then that! People always like to find a reason to discredit successful people.
Old 12-23-2015, 08:01 AM
Registered

Rosatti and Staluppi live about 1000 ft from each other on the intracoastal. Staluppi's street is very very average (all older ranch homes on dry lots) and then his house is at the end of the street on the water. He decorates the whole street, has music playing and creates a drive through experience and pays for it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXw42kLaKS4
Old 12-23-2015, 08:04 AM
Registered

Staluppi also has "Cars of Dreams"........it is a car collection housed in a home depot sized building. He opens the place 2-3 times a year and donates all the admission proceeds to childrens charities. Hard to call someone a bad guy when they do things like this (especially when you don't have to do anything!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbN_BAn55a4

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.