Notices

NY Boat Show '16

Old 01-11-2016, 12:47 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

^^^^^ And the current customer base is not a buyer for sportboats attending boatshows across the USA. Look how bad the LA and Havasu boatshow has fallen. Boatshows in general are a huge waste in time for delaers - the sale numbers are just not there like years past.

Min cost for an average boatshow display is 4 dollars per ft with a 1 or 2k bare min of space. . I am sure NY and Miami is at least double if not triple that for cost. Alot of shows even cost extra fees to pay for union employees and or hanging signs and banners displays, electric, special requests, Carpet and so on for the dealers. Very easy for a dealer to pay 50 K for just displaying 2 to 12 boats only depending on size and needs.

Plus alot of boatshows have turned into venders selling whatever from knives to shake and bake products and so on. Actually alot of stupid stuff. Miami is somewhat getting that same way plus bigger number of wakeboard boats on display there to. CC boats are in huge numbers at the Miami show.

E Rude ads all over the place at Miami as well. They are trying to gain market share because they are lacking compared to Yamaha and Merc 4 strokes.

Last edited by BUP; 01-11-2016 at 01:00 PM.
Old 01-11-2016, 02:57 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

Sucks! I remember the days back in the 90s when there were tons of performance boats and great deals to be had. I bought one of my boats at the Philly show looooooong ago.