Notices

HORBA Thunderboat Rally

Old 01-21-2016, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HORBA Thunderboat Rally

With our new HORBA Thunderboat Rally series, we had scheduled one RALLY for the Miami / Ft Lauderdale area for next Saturday, January 30, 2016. We are cancelling that event due to lack of response from boat owners.

We are finding out that we also need to raise the qualification year for boats from 25 years old or older..... to any high performance boat built before the year 2000. So any 1999 year or older boat now qualifies to run with us.

Also the date we had for the Sarasota March Thunderboat Rally, March 19th was conflicting with the Mount Dora historic boat gathering, so we are moving our Sarasota date up to Saturday March 12, 2016.

We have had a lot of positive response, but find that most people need more lead time to get those old boats up and running and tested. So this year will be trial and error, until we find the right locations and dates so that we can make these annual events.
Old 01-21-2016, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

Please look into the ACBS. Most chapters are dying to get into fiberglass. Our chapter (Chesapeake Bay) has already done it a couple years ago.
Old 01-21-2016, 10:22 AM
Registered

Received 433 Likes on 193 Posts

Where are you getting the responses, or how are you gauging interest? I thought you had planned one for Lake Erie, but some of us are unclear on how to voice our interest....
Old 01-21-2016, 10:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by f_inscreenname
Please look into the ACBS. Most chapters are dying to get into fiberglass. Our chapter (Chesapeake Bay) has already done it a couple years ago.
Could you send me a link for this organization.
Old 01-21-2016, 10:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by frickstyle
Where are you getting the responses, or how are you gauging interest? I thought you had planned one for Lake Erie, but some of us are unclear on how to voice our interest....
We have been dong a lot of chat on the three high performance Facebook pages, they seem to have taken over from the web sites of late.

We planned two events for Florida to try to work out the bugs. We do intend to attend the Lake Erie gathering, but we should have more solid response by then.
Old 01-21-2016, 12:25 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

We have a lot of interest for Sarasota. I have at least 5 period correct boats here in my shop ready for the run. Please let's firm up Sarasota and make this happen!
Old 01-21-2016, 12:52 PM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I'd be interested in a lake Erie event.
Old 01-21-2016, 01:11 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by bck
I'd be interested in a lake Erie event.
me three . . . . we have plenty of vintage stuff in the stable
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 01-21-2016, 01:13 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by HORBA
Could you send me a link for this organization.
http://www.chesapeakebayacbs.org/ <<<< That's my chapter
http://acbs.org/ <<<<< US and Canada
https://acbs.org/chapters/ << should be a chapter out of 56 that covers any place that you all want to go.

You should contact the chapters individually. The main office is still a little head shy about glass. The chapters know they need glass to survive and most have moved toward it a lot (not to mention my glass is older then a lot of their wood boats). I'm sure they come across as old fuddy duddys but my chapter is far from it and welcomed me and my friends with open arms. The first boat I ever entered in a show was the Nova 24 race boat and won ACBS best race boat and it's glass. And that's if you and your members want to join and enter their shows. If you just want to hook up with the show and do something I'm sure they wont care what you bring. Like last year there was a Jersey skiff feature group that did that. Half of them were built in the last 10 years.
I can PM you a email contact for our chapter and maybe he will have contact for the other areas you wanted to go.
Old 01-21-2016, 01:14 PM
Registered

Received 216 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley
We have a lot of interest for Sarasota. I have at least 5 period correct boats here in my shop ready for the run. Please let's firm up Sarasota and make this happen!
Ryan

We have moved the March date from the 19th up to the 12th, which is also a Saturday.

March 19th was the date that the Mount Dora historic boat show goes on, so we didn't want to conflict.

Also please note that boats that can run can be from 1999 build date back.

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.