Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
WHAT SHOULD WE EXPECT FROM  THE mIAMI  bOAT  SHOW?? >

WHAT SHOULD WE EXPECT FROM THE mIAMI bOAT SHOW??

Notices

WHAT SHOULD WE EXPECT FROM THE mIAMI bOAT SHOW??

Old 01-23-2016, 05:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHAT SHOULD WE EXPECT FROM THE mIAMI bOAT SHOW??

With the Miami boat show only days away I am wondering what I should expect. Have they put forth a hurculine effort to mske this new venue great or is it going to be a stop gap measure.
I have enjoyed this boat show year after year and I hope that this year dose not disappoint. In the most recent years we have seen a cut back in size of this event. The back lot use to be standing room only. Most recently we have had fewer displays and vendors.
I will be there this year and I look forward to seeing all there is along with visiting with friends..How do you think this event will be for 2016?? what should I expect?
Old 01-23-2016, 08:57 AM
Registered

First time for us cant wait.Can we take a taxi from our motel or do we hav to take a water taxi or shuttle bus?also I only hav 1 day would you pic the yacht show or the boat show or both.Can you board the yachts?
Old 01-23-2016, 10:27 AM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,722 Likes on 3,791 Posts

You cannot board the yachts unless you have a appointment!
Old 01-23-2016, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pete B
And a financial statement..
Old 01-23-2016, 11:23 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete B
or your brother in law is the salesman!
Old 01-23-2016, 12:05 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
or your brother in law is the salesman!
This guy is connected ... follow him around. (Wait, he's not going to the show this year.)

We're continuing to update our annual Countdown to Miami series, so this link might be useful, http://speedonthewater.com/in-the-ne...VudGRvd24iXQ==.
Old 01-23-2016, 03:27 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by steve truman
First time for us cant wait.Can we take a taxi from our motel or do we hav to take a water taxi or shuttle bus?
Depends on where you are staying? Only one water taxi pickup spot on SoBe. A few more near downtown. Any kind of car/bus traffic over Key Biscayne could become an adventure in time management.
Old 01-23-2016, 04:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
This guy is connected ... follow him around. (Wait, he's not going to the show this year.)

We're continuing to update our annual Countdown to Miami series, so this link might be useful, http://speedonthewater.com/in-the-ne...VudGRvd24iXQ==.
Actually funny story about boat shows. Last year at the Palm Beach show they had dozens of motoryachts (mostly empty). My kids and their friends wanted to go (to eat at a restaurant they like next to the show), looking at boats was secondary. They spot the Never Say Never yacht (used in many music videos, Justin Bieber rented it once). So there was a young girl (25 yrs old) sitting on the back deck looking bored. So I asked if we could come aboard since this was the "Im on a boat" music video boat and the kids love the video. To our surprise she said sure, no problem and a bunch of pre-teen girls got to take all the selfies they wanted for about 10 minutes. Needless to say it was the best part of the day!

My brother in law had a contract to buy it, boat failed survey and seller had no interest in fixing anything so the deal fell apart. Boat has been for sale for years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avaSdC0QOUM
Old 01-23-2016, 04:56 PM
Registered

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1985...s#.VqQEsfkrKUk

Boat is down to 4.5 million now! I think 45 gallons an hour at 13 knots seems a bit optimistic on a 122 ft boat.......maybe it has Duramaxs!

"Never Say Never” is a beautiful 122 Oceanfast that was built in Australia and is likely the most recognizable yacht in Miami; having been featured in numerous high profile events and publicity stunts. Most notably she was the back drop for the music video “I’m on a boat’ by Lonely Island and T-Pain and the marriage of music mogul Pharrel Williams. 'Never Say Never' has eye catching lines that exude Miami's modern and art deco architectural style and she bares the high end construction and sea keeping abilities synonyms with Oceanfast Yachts. She boats an elegant interior, incredible outdoor spaces and benefits from a knowledgeable and capable owner who afforded her with two extensive refits in 2004 and again in 2011. She has been continually upgraded and maintained to an extremely high level ever since her modifications were made. She features a Jacuzzi, four staterooms, gorgeous book matched burled wood accentuate her spacious rooms throughout and powerful MTUs that top her out at well over 32 kts. This kind of speed is a rarity to achieve with conventional drive shafts! Throttle back to 13 knots and 'Never Say Never' burns only 45 gallons an hour total; making her ideal for long range travel. This, coupled with a high cruising speed of 25 knots and an unbelievably shallow draft for her size make ’Never Say Never' one of the most versatile yachts in the market place. This yacht truly has it all and her current owner is aggressively looking to be replaced by you so he can attend to the finishing touches to his new Oceanfast. Simply imagine all the luxurious travels, exotic destinations and weekend getaways you, your friends and your family are sure to remember for a life time.
Old 01-24-2016, 06:54 AM
Registered

1st time since the 80's. Any recommendations ? Can only do One day, driving in from Mt Myers. Wanna drool at some new boats but really there looking for some deals on parts and pieces for my Fountain.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.