Notices

Foutain vs Formula

Old 02-02-2016, 07:20 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

Have a look at both, I think you'll find the interior of the Fountain will seem tight compared to the Formula. Don't discount the 29 Fountain with a single, by most accounts, it performs as well as the 27 with the same power. (Personally, I'd include Sunsation on my short list too)

Both boats have a good following and pedigree, can't imagine either boat would disappoint.

Welcome to the forum!

RR
Old 02-02-2016, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

The sunsation is a grate boat. There is a lot of choices in the size you r looking at. Just keep an open mind and u will get all the info you need right here and then pic the best fit for you.

Last edited by 1989mach1; 02-02-2016 at 07:46 PM.
Old 02-02-2016, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 1,328 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by 1989mach1
If you are open to more options you could also look at the 28 zx. Roomy good speed and good ride. But not sure if it came in a single. I road in one before getting my 33. Not tryin to start anything just throwing out another option
Pretty sure they did singles. When I was looking all of these were in my list. Don't forget formula counts the swim also so a 271 is a smaller boat also.

What I noticed was the Formula seemed to hold the width further forward making the cabin seem bigger. Like others I would look for a single 29 if going fountain.

All 3 seemed to have about the same quality material with formulas cabin being the nicest. Donzi ZX is big in each size comparably. (26ZX, 28ZX).

The one thing I did notice is that most fountains had mechanical trim tab indicators, Full gauges. Hydraulic steering , and nice trim tabs.
The formulas I looked at May or may not have hydraulic steering, and a lot had Bennet tabs.

To tell you the truth I wanted a a Donzi 33ZX but couldn't find a clean one in my price at the time. Like other have said lots in this size range, myself I went for the cleanest I could find. Looked at a couple SCARAB's and susation 288's as well.
Old 02-02-2016, 08:31 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 171 Likes on 86 Posts

Just another option, the Baja 272 is a good bang for the buck. If you're looking for speed- Fountian or best ride- Formula, which i think was already mention.
Old 02-03-2016, 07:18 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Many good options already mentioned, but one thing I would focus on isoverall condition. I'd strongly consider the best condition boat that you can afford out of the ones mentioned above.
Old 02-03-2016, 08:26 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Also if you could fill everyone in on a budget we would know better where you want to be. For me I wanted to say around 50 but to get what we wanted ended up at 60 and then put 20 into the motors.
Old 02-03-2016, 10:28 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Level III Chaos
Which company is still in business....that should tell you something,
I use to think so too, but when buying used, I don't value this much anymore.

2nd. owners don't get much warranty help anyway, and most of the builders still in business have changed hands once or twice so even many origional owners are left out as well.

If the point of the post was to indicate which boat was well liked and sold enough boats to stay in business ? Well Fountain is not dead because they didn't sell any boats or were not well liked.

Now if you happen to be looking for a 2 year old boat, well then your choices are narrowed.
Old 02-03-2016, 10:33 AM
Ing
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

Go with a Formula but a great option for a bullet proof, true 27' boat is this Progression. Its in NYS and will out perform a 27 Formula or 27 Fountain with equal power.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...on-o64546.html

Good luck.
Old 02-03-2016, 10:34 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Fountain and the Formula are great boats and quite different too.

Fountain,.... perfect boat for the guy looking for something a little lighter... wants some performance out on the water with his buddies and a couple of strippers!

Formula..... perfect boat for the Dad taking his wife and 2 kids for a spirited ride and wants some extra luxury yet still looks looks totally cool and appears to be traveling fast on the water!
Old 02-03-2016, 11:36 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xxxxxxx1
The Fountain and the Formula are great boats and quite different too.

Fountain,.... perfect boat for the guy looking for something a little lighter... wants some performance out on the water with his buddies and a couple of strippers!

Formula..... perfect boat for the Dad taking his wife and 2 kids for a spirited ride and wants some extra luxury yet still looks looks totally cool and appears to be traveling fast on the water!
LOL, appears to be traveling fast

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.