Pilini Marine Starting Construction On New 34 XCS Catamaran >

Pilini Marine Starting Construction On New 34 XCS Catamaran

Notices

Pilini Marine Starting Construction On New 34 XCS Catamaran

Old 02-05-2016, 07:32 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jerzeejim
IM getting one of the first hulls Didnt want to post until jay p did Not sure if Im going with 400s or imboards would love some imput 34 is a good size boat like to add jay is a great guy to deal with
I would think the 400's would be better balanced and it will be 100 mph + boat where as the I/O boat could go a lot faster with a lot more power but with less reliability , so it all depend on what you want and where you boat ,
For my self I would go with the reliability and better balance since I would run 95 % ocean where as someone on a flat lake will need more speed for any fun
Old 02-05-2016, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great article / report
Sounds like a win win builder & buyer.
Look forward to see it.
Old 02-05-2016, 08:44 PM
Bling Bling
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jerzeejim
IM getting one of the first hulls Didnt want to post until jay p did Not sure if Im going with 400s or imboards would love some imput 34 is a good size boat like to add jay is a great guy to deal with
It would be a great 400 outboard boat, but some super reliable 750 HP inboards would be a runner. True 750s, I,m thinking low 140s. Jay builds one hell of a product.

Some 700 NXT Merc motors with a 6 drive, and if the C of G would be right, turn key rocket.

Congrats, what ever you choose what a great boat.
Old 02-06-2016, 07:16 AM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

Mercury 520's and Arnesons...

There's a good chance that combo is more reliable than the 400 Verados.
Old 02-06-2016, 08:14 AM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Greedy? Mike, none of these boat builders are living a "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" life. Labor/overhead are ridiculous and I'm sure Mercury has price increases regularly.
100% Agree. The general public is clueless as to what it costs to actually build a boat and stay in business, and it sounds like Pillini is cutting it too close as he'll have $150k+ just in materials and parts (not engines) to get this boat wet.
Old 02-06-2016, 09:00 AM
Registered

Received 569 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport
Mercury 520's and Arnesons...

There's a good chance that combo is more reliable than the 400 Verados.
I agree. Or Marinize this:

http://www.gm-efi.com/news/chevrolet...e-engine-2015/
Old 02-06-2016, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by jusabum
100% Agree. The general public is clueless as to what it costs to actually build a boat and stay in business, and it sounds like Pillini is cutting it too close as he'll have $150k+ just in materials and parts (not engines) to get this boat wet.
Do you realize that fiberglass and resin are under $3/lb now so it would have to be so heavy it won't float in order for that to be true.
Old 02-06-2016, 03:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Boatlesss
Do you realize that fiberglass and resin are under $3/lb now so it would have to be so heavy it won't float in order for that to be true.
Yes , it's the people that believe all the hype that it cost $ 100 k to lay up a boat that spend $ $ 300 k + on a small under 40 foot boat , the people in the no can figure it out pretty easy .
lets just say the hull and deck materiel and labor on a 30's cat is under $40 k+ - ad another $ 60 k for O/B 's and rigging and your at $ 100 k built now sell it for $ 150 + and you made yourself some nice money in my standers , but some builder's wont touch a boat unless they make $ 100 k + profit , so there are different builders for everyone ,
I no a 30 spectre or 30 motion with twin 300 xs motor brand new a few years ago where in the $ 130 to 140 k range and the 400R motor are not much more $'s and the extra 3 or 4 foot of glass work is basically nothing , So there you have it , Even at the $ 150 to $200 k mark there is a NICE profit for the working man to be proud of
Old 02-06-2016, 03:57 PM
Registered

in boat building the big profit is in the size of the boat , in not that it cost much more to build but people are willing to spend a LOT more the larger they go , I no of a boat builder that used to sell 24 foot single engine boats and 28 foot single engine boats , Well he got $ 30,000 more for the 28 and it only cost him a few grand more to build , The rigging was the same , the only difference was a little more materiel in the mold for a longer boat , the labor for 4 foot is about the same and the materiel was less then a grand , So he stopped building 24 footers to make the extra profit .
There's another builder rite now selling a 30 cat with 300xs ready to go for the $ 130 k range , so for him to make the boat a few feet longer wont cost much and the 400 r's are maybe $ 10 k more so now you can see that there is profit in boat building when done rite .
let look at this another way , you can buy a 32 foot CC with twin 300 v rod's for $ 120 k or you can by it from another builder for $ 300 k Yes the $ 300 k boat will have more bling but other then that how can someone spend $ 180 k more on the same size boat ?
It's called name brand recognition and a big ego , But there's a saying if you have the money then buy what you like no matter the cost , and let the other guy make HUGE profit
Old 02-06-2016, 04:03 PM
Registered

Received 569 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by mikebrls
in boat building the big profit is in the size of the boat , in not that it cost much more to build but people are willing to spend a LOT more the larger they go , I no of a boat builder that used to sell 24 foot single engine boats and 28 foot single engine boats , Well he got $ 30,000 more for the 28 and it only cost him a few grand more to build , The rigging was the same , the only difference was a little more materiel in the mold for a longer boat , the labor for 4 foot is about the same and the materiel was less then a grand , So he stopped building 24 footers to make the extra profit .
There's another builder rite now selling a 30 cat with 300xs ready to go for the $ 130 k range , so for him to make the boat a few feet longer wont cost much and the 400 r's are maybe $ 10 k more so now you can see that there is profit in boat building when done rite .
let look at this another way , you can buy a 32 foot CC with twin 300 v rod's for $ 120 k or you can by it from another builder for $ 300 k Yes the $ 300 k boat will have more bling but other then that how can someone spend $ 180 k more on the same size boat ?
It's called name brand recognition and a big ego , But there's a saying if you have the money then buy what you like no matter the cost , and let the other guy make HUGE profit
I think there are some brands out there more reasonably priced. Renegade and active thunder for example.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.