Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Im going to say this once... >

Im going to say this once...

Notices

Im going to say this once...

Old 02-13-2016, 05:30 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't worry, I am chasing all the 50+ year old tail my 60 year old azz can handle.... The young stuff is too much work.....
Old 02-13-2016, 07:29 PM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by KAAMA
I didn't think this thread was about engines. Anyway, as far as your engines blowing up,...I don't know---maybe stop building them yourself...???
Correct. It was not about engines, nor was it about the Lord. It was advice to stop arguing and enjoy boating while we still have the health to do so, given by a person who has seen people at the end. I've seen people die from these diseases and am familiar with hospice. The Lord was not in the room, doctors and nurses were. The friend who used to help me work on the engines has been eating through a feeding tube for a year due to a tumor and the radiation and the destroyed throat muscles and salivary glands. My boat sat in his driveway for 2 years while we worked on it prior to him getting sick. I moved it to warehouse and worked on it myself after that asking strangers for help if I needed an extra set of hands. The whole goal was to have the boat ready for a poker run while he was still able. I lost both engines while still testing the boat and trying to get it to run right 1 day before the run. Have you ever seen someone literally cry over an engine? I have - it was his wife when I told her I wouldn't be able to take him. If you can preach original sin, quote scripture and turn it into a sermon I can most definitely ask about engine salvation and I do it in all seriousness. There is real pain and suffering in the world and on this very board and it's got dick to do with accepting Christ as my savior.

Last edited by bck; 02-13-2016 at 09:13 PM.
Old 02-13-2016, 10:38 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by bck
Correct. It was not about engines, nor was it about the Lord. It was advice to stop arguing and enjoy boating while we still have the health to do so, given by a person who has seen people at the end....
Well I am sorry you see it that way, I meant no offense to you or anyone else that reads this thread. It is very tragic about your engine friend---life is very unfair. We all are going to die---the scary thing is the 2nd death---hell...for eternity.

I am in my late 50's...I have seen a few tragic things in life myself. I have seen a few Marines get shot in my unit and some Marine buddies who have come home and took their own lives too--one was a very close friend of mine. I have seen my fair share of tragedy. I have already mentioned my girlfriend dying of cancer at 21, but I don't think this thread is about how many tragedies we have witnessed. I think one is probably more than enough, but again, that is part of life and death....and it can be very tragic, sudden and unfair.

One of the points in this thread, is the fact that we have all seen tragedies more or less in our lives. Also, I am really not trying to arguing with anyone. The way I see it, it was a thread about relationships, life and death and the choices we make in our own lives---just trying to be as realistic as the thread originator...only I am just giving the flip side of life and death as God wants us to really see it.

If someone wants to come on here and say something like, "My job is part of watching people die everyday and when I get off work I am going to do what I want and live and party like a wild man if I want!" ----and if that is his viewpoint on life, then I understand---I get it! Many have agreed with Phragle's thread/post and they can live that way if they want....it's their own choice. Again, I am only giving the flip side to that kind of lifestyle.

So, as long as the thread topic was about life, death, etc and how we choose to live our own lives good or bad, I just wanted to give the alternative....I say these things for their own admonition----just incase there might be one soul out there who would like to surrender their life to Christ. I think I was very much on topic.

God is for us and He loves us and does not want us to go to hell. I would think that most people would not think that is so bad. God always seems to get the bad rap or press. It is one of the reasons why Jesus was taken before a jinxed court. He did not sin, but they still found him guilty and nailed Him to the cross and killed Him. He did not fight His accusers---He went to the cross like a lamb before the slaughter----why? Because He had you and me in mind, to pay for our sins at no cost to us, all we have to do is choose His free gift.

I realize that people don't want God around or hear about God when they are living ungodly lives. Some people get very angry when Jesus, God, or the Lord is brought up I suppose I could talk about hell, fire and brimstone....but rather, I try to talk mostly about the love of God. He loves you more than you could ever love anyone else or anyone else could ever love you.

"Can a woman forget her nursing child, and not have compassion on the son of her womb? Yes, they may forget, yet I (the Lord) will not forget you. Behold, I have written you upon the palms of My hands, your walls are continually before Me." Isaiah 49:15,16

The verse above is like God saying that He carries a picture of you in His wallet.

Last edited by KAAMA; 02-13-2016 at 10:50 PM.
Old 02-13-2016, 11:07 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

This thread is not about the afterlife, whatever it is or isnt for each is different. This thread is about life, the life we each are currently living as we sit on this rock hurtling through space. Its about the fact that WE ALL have something in common, we all like boats, Its about having that unite us, not divide us, Its about how when you have an cigarlimits, that doesnt make the guy that has the outerbeak the enemy. It makes him another boater.Its about the fact that just because your boat has merc motors, that doesnt make the guy with sterlings an A-hole unworthy of walking the earth,, it just makes him a another boater., Its about the fact that you might like bud light, but that doesnt mean the other guy drinking coppertops is an inferior subhuman,,, it means you are both boaters. It doesnt mean that since you are christian, that the jewish guy needs to be saved, it means you are both boaters. We are all boaters, we are all here because we like like boats. We are here to bond with out fellow boater not destroy him.
Old 02-13-2016, 11:09 PM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Wow. Ungodly lives? Did phragle actually say he was going to "party like a wild man" because he watches people die? You're offering people the "flip side of that kind of lifestyle". You're actually on Offshore Only judging and looking for "one soul to surrender their life to Christ". I will again step forward and offer my engines to Christ that they may live fruitful and happy lives both now and in the hereafter. I even sacraficed a lifter on the dyno alter yesterday. Sorry, I know that's a little pagan but I figured I'd try to cover all the bases. I did light some incense that my out of favor custom cams don't instantly destroy my engines on startup and tomorrow I will bow on a rug in the general direction of Chiefs shop or maybe Teague's

Last edited by bck; 02-13-2016 at 11:20 PM.
Old 02-13-2016, 11:21 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

If you guys want to debate god, religion, spirituality or the 11th commandment( thou shallt not leave a boating brother sitting on the dock alone when going for a boat ride) please feel free to start your own thread instead of turning my plea for unity into a division of deity.

Thank you.
Old 02-14-2016, 12:17 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

"dyno alter"....pretty funny, made me crack a smile on that one

Anyway, I understand where you guys are coming from....and I think I have said all I can say as best as I could---Peace to you all.
Old 02-14-2016, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Before yall read this please forgive me for my spelling an lack of ability to structure a proper sentence ,I am speaking from the heart.
Well this thread had me reading to the very end. This is very unusual for to me
.My father taught me and my siblings from a very young age about the outdoors and boating .We went camping for weeks at a time and always had a fish/ski boat. We named it the Green Hornet. We have a camp off the blind river down here in south Louisiana, we are down there every weekend from April to October,We have a party barge he loves to ride in. We go to the sand bars,wade in the water listen to music with family an friends. We go on pub crawls in his party barge.I had a
Baja for 10 years. which he loved to ride in. My wife an I just bought a twin step 35 lighting.
Now I am afraid he will never get to ride in. You see back in 2003 he was diagnosed with lung cancer and didn't smoke. He has been fighting this for along time, many trips to md Anderson for treatment. We believe that's why he is still here with us, I am writing this from a hospital room next to his bed.These may be his final days.We are still unsure if he can survive this lung infection.
He is a Marine.He has been our catalyst for anything family. He has been in pain we cant even understand, yet still in great spirits. Being at our camp with all his family an friends riding in boats, family beach vacations on the beach is all he has been living for. You see TIME on this earth with your family an close friends is the greatest things life has to offer!!
Old 02-19-2016, 11:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well said Phragle. And bless you for caring for those on their last days.