2016 Miami International Boat Show  PHOTOS >

2016 Miami International Boat Show PHOTOS

Notices

2016 Miami International Boat Show PHOTOS

Old 02-14-2016, 05:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
You would have a point if those building them weren't filled with orders for them.
As he said, there's only so much customer base for these. The manufacturers with standing orders for these are booked, but the waiting list is how many? A couple dozen total? I agree with him. I scratch my head when I look at them because I'm not sure what the point of them is. I expect the demand for them to fall off as fast as it came on, and the resale on them to be horrible compared to the true go fasts still being made in ever smaller numbers.
Old 02-14-2016, 07:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete B
Partial to this pic lol thanks Pete !!!
Old 02-14-2016, 08:34 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by ImaPoser
As he said, there's only so much customer base for these. The manufacturers with standing orders for these are booked, but the waiting list is how many? A couple dozen total? I agree with him. I scratch my head when I look at them because I'm not sure what the point of them is. I expect the demand for them to fall off as fast as it came on, and the resale on them to be horrible compared to the true go fasts still being made in ever smaller numbers.
I would strongly disagree and maybe it is areas but there is no true go fast market that is growing around these parts.

Knowing one builder there a long list of customers and has been for years now with them.
Old 02-14-2016, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
You would have a point if those building them weren't filled with orders for them.
+1 not to mention the fact manufacturers must change w/ the times in order to remain in business. I'm sure BUP and 3rdChildhood aren't the only ones that feel this way BUT if one looks at the # of CC orders being placed vs the # of performance Vee hulls being ordered it's probably like 10 to 1. Heck more cats may be being built than performance Vee's. The thread on inboards being a dying breed goes hand in hand w/ the diminishing performance Vee hull production.
Old 02-14-2016, 10:58 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Take all outboards out of the mix - Inboard V drives is the strongest market selling an average cost of that boat is around 115 to 120 K. Again average cost. Its just that Mercruiser & Volvo do not have any sales in the V drive market. NONE

ILmor Marine sells at least 1000 engine packages if not more to Mastercraft alone each year for the past 5 years. Indmar sells around 9K engine packages to mainly 8 wakeboat manu's and a bunch to the NW jetboat market. PCM and Crusader will be making a strong comeback selling about 3 to 5 K engine packages per year if not more down the road.

No one never said that the Sport Vee market was'nt dead. Its been dead since 2008. Mercruiser and Volvo really do not have a big market that buyers are buying from for the past 6 years. Thats nothing new.

Volvo Penta is trying like hell to take sales away from the wakeboard boat market, this is the market they are really going after very hard - they have spent millions currently with new technology for mid 2015 and 2016. Mercruiser really has not put forth any new market to go after. Mercury even use to have a Jetboat market but that is completely gone as well. Mercruiser use to sell towsport engine packages to the wakeboats and ski boats but that is gone as well. Completely gone.

Yamaha has a huge jetboat market, Rotex has a big jetboat market and Indmar has a semi sizable jet boat market in the NW.

IMO the next I/O company to go out of business is Larson boats in MN. Ebbtide boats already went out in TN after 50 years of making boats for the family rec I/O side.

Next to fall is some of these bass boats. 2 seater bass fishing boats that is mainly bought by the blue collar persons. They can not afford to spend the money anymore and that type of boat for something of good quality is around 75 to 95 K for a 2 seater with a 300 to 350 hp on it along with a good trolling motor installed.

IMO these trend CC boats do not have enough buyers to stay around down the road unless they become very popular west / half of the USA. Do not forget outboards have not adapted the catalyst side of the coin yet - it is still being tested. This will make outboards even more expensive and add more systems into the mix - making for more problems to go wrong for the end user plus added yearly maintain costs along with added downtime.

Last edited by BUP; 02-15-2016 at 11:14 AM.
Old 02-14-2016, 11:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,132 Likes on 478 Posts

Interesting to read a range of educated opinions but I want more pictures of boats and girls at the Miami show!
Sorry.

RR
Old 02-14-2016, 11:32 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

This is filler inbetween while the girl pics and boat pics get downloaded up here. Kind of like halftime during the Superbowl = filler and something to talk about until the good stuff gets downloaded.
Old 02-15-2016, 06:33 AM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by NASCAT
+1 not to mention the fact manufacturers must change w/ the times in order to remain in business. I'm sure BUP and 3rdChildhood aren't the only ones that feel this way BUT if one looks at the # of CC orders being placed vs the # of performance Vee hulls being ordered it's probably like 10 to 1. Heck more cats may be being built than performance Vee's. The thread on inboards being a dying breed goes hand in hand w/ the diminishing performance Vee hull production.
Exactly - why would you want a performance v that runs in the 80-90's and seats 5 when you can have a performance CC that seats 10+ in extreme comfort and easily runs north of 70 with the simplicity ( Nortech just crossed the 100mph mark so everyone will be pushing shortly) / reduced service costs from the O/B..... and I have yet to hear a wife complain about the new gen of CC not being a family boat. The reality is they run hard, take heavy water and are more family friendly than the performance V's they are replacing and the seating capacity of a 'toon

Granted, I think the new Cig AMG that was on display is going to mix up the market... but even servicing the 1100's looks easy to access from the pics by means of the cockpit design.. open the hatch and over half the engines are exposed. The design works for everyone.

Last edited by speicher lane; 02-15-2016 at 06:37 AM.
Old 02-15-2016, 07:05 AM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,801 Likes on 3,816 Posts

Old 02-15-2016, 07:09 AM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,801 Likes on 3,816 Posts

According to sources at Nor-tech they have 9 new 45's on order! Mystic is in production of their 15th. the Sport Console appeals to a lot of people.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.