Marine Machine with twin bravos >

Marine Machine with twin bravos

Notices

Marine Machine with twin bravos

Old 02-11-2016, 11:35 PM
Registered

Received 286 Likes on 177 Posts
Default Marine Machine with twin bravos

I've located a Marine Machine ext steering and want to make sure it will fit before I do something stupid.

Anyone know how far away the transom plates mount from the gimble housing?
Specifically, distance between the outboard edge of gimble housings to the inboard edges of transom plates.
Did MM offer more than 1 cyl length for twin Bravos with outboard mounting?

How wide are the transom plates?
I'm hoping to squeeze them in between the tabs and the swim platform fairings. I only have abt 4 maybe 5 inches of space for the transom plate to mount.

If I did mount the transom plates say maybe up to an inch closer or further from ideal (horizontally), wouldn't I just loose a little throw or would it damage something?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 02-12-2016, 05:45 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Horizontally speaking I'd agree. When I rebuilt my transom I hung the cylinders on the drive and without the hyd hoses connected and figured out the middle of their travel, where they reached the transom was the ideal for max throw/pull. Also checked that it would not be over turning.

It's going to be difficult to answer with out some installation drawings or the parts to mock it up.
Old 02-12-2016, 10:45 AM
Registered

Received 286 Likes on 177 Posts

That would certainly be the ideal way to place the transom plates. Without the parts in hand, it's going to be a little trickier. I was hoping someone had the paper work they received from MM or had it installed already.
I got a PM from a member who is willing to measure his for me.

Anyone mounted their transom plates slightly inboard or outboard of ideal? How noticeable we're the effects?