Need help nordic 28 t444e parasail boat >

Need help nordic 28 t444e parasail boat

Notices

Need help nordic 28 t444e parasail boat

Old 02-21-2016, 07:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help nordic 28 t444e parasail boat

Hi guys im in Cambodia with a 1995 nordic 28 parasail winch boat 7.3 diesel t444

Got the boat from the US and since its here we ran into a couple of problemes ! Its got very low hours but dint run for many years ! First issue i have at the moment is the bravo 3 when hot sometimes wont go into forward , it can take 5 to 10 seconds before engaging and if i give it a little rev it goes into gear right away ?!

Second probleme is the turbo , we put a new one in , the original one the bearing was ****ed . It runs great but the lag is huge !! Any solution to that probleme ? For island tours its fine but with the parasail its very anoying

Any way i can crank a few hp on that t444 or we should leave it as is

Thanks for your help Parasail Cambodia
Old 02-21-2016, 08:28 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The bravo might be down to shift cable adjustment or damaged shift cable. That motor has not been available here for years, I understand that they were used more recently in Australia. Found this vid on common problems related to the motor https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWiP1DcwsP0 hard to find much on the marine version. Good luck
Old 02-21-2016, 10:22 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Hello , How is the Parasailing on that side of the world? As far as the drive goes , sounds like the cone clutch is worn , but you could start with a drive oil change ( use the Merc gear oil , is it available? ). It may buy you a little time. Make sure linkage is free in drive.
As far as 7.3 diesel , that lag is just where you dont need it , annoying as hell. Most of those were replaced with 454 gas ( perfect power and not expensive to repair / replace , but a gas engine.) or 315 Yanmar ( bolts up to Merc , but expensive and hard to find ).
With the chutes we fly now ( 40' + dia.) most guys that still fly Nordics are using 496's and 502's. Good Luck and Be Safe!!!
Old 02-21-2016, 06:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PARASAIL941
Hello , How is the Parasailing on that side of the world? As far as the drive goes , sounds like the cone clutch is worn , but you could start with a drive oil change ( use the Merc gear oil , is it available? ). It may buy you a little time. Make sure linkage is free in drive.
As far as 7.3 diesel , that lag is just where you dont need it , annoying as hell. Most of those were replaced with 454 gas ( perfect power and not expensive to repair / replace , but a gas engine.) or 315 Yanmar ( bolts up to Merc , but expensive and hard to find ).
With the chutes we fly now ( 40' + dia.) most guys that still fly Nordics are using 496's and 502's. Good Luck and Be Safe!!!
Parasailing is great here we fly arround the islands at Koh Rong and Koh Rong Samloem . We use a 33.5 with dampers for heavy winds and a 37" for regular days . Im not planning on changing this t444 as the diesel here is 47 cents a liter and petrol is 1$ plus the motor as only 650 hours ! The shift cable seems ok i did pull the leg appart from the transom a few time already to replace shaft , seals ect... My guess is the cone clutch is glaced so i will try to ruff it up seems like a quick fix if it will get me threw the end of the season before replacing it ! I did put some new oil in 30 hours ago , merc oil .
As for the turbo im planning on installing a air tank so i can spool the turbo up and get rid of the lag .
Getting parts here is a big probleme , need to order from US , Australia or if im lucky Thailand
Old 02-21-2016, 10:53 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thats the international slash ford powerstroke 7.3. Not a bad v8 diesel, and i dont really care for fords. obtain or make the injector tools, dont run crappy oil , and they will actually last a foolishly long time .
put some money aside for injectors when the time comes. run non silicate coolant in closed cooling system for best results . (Blue premix)
Old 02-21-2016, 10:56 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Put a permenant boost gauge on it too.
Old 02-22-2016, 02:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by airjunky
Thats the international slash ford powerstroke 7.3. Not a bad v8 diesel, and i dont really care for fords. obtain or make the injector tools, dont run crappy oil , and they will actually last a foolishly long time .
put some money aside for injectors when the time comes. run non silicate coolant in closed cooling system for best results . (Blue premix)
We run fully synthetic oil castrol 10w40
What do you meen by injector tool ? I pulled them off just using a 1" wrench ! They wont last long ?
As for the coolant i will check what we put in cant remember thanks
Old 02-22-2016, 06:52 AM
Registered

lag is NOT huge on a well maintained well running T444E international check double check fuel tanks , fuel quality , new filters , check lines fittings test for leaks , / oil new filters new synthetic or semi synthetic oil / mix couple qts trans fluid with new oil as flush run / new filters new oil , new air filter , oversize cold air filter will help / those motors are legendary u should have neck snappin tq acceleration , if a chev 454 keeps up u got HUGE issues
Old 02-22-2016, 06:55 AM
Registered

everybody yaps about extended oil changes , remember its oil that runs this motor like injectors / maintain oil filter changes and drive it / check for any boost , drive exhaust leaks
Old 02-22-2016, 07:04 AM
Registered

You can get Alliant injectors for it, they are pretty good injectors, I have used them for 7.3, 6.0, and dt466 you have to buy them through a dealer http://alliantpower.com they are usually around 250 each with core return

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.