Notices

Deleting beware threads

Old 03-04-2016, 03:12 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Some of you might think different if it was your $1200 instead of Smoking Gun's.

Padraig
Old 03-04-2016, 04:26 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mike tkach
some years ago i had a thread in the beware section,long story shore a guy owed me 4300 bucks and he strung me along for a month,then he stopped taking my calls.shortly after i started my thread he contacted me saying he would deposit the money through a wire transfer if i removed the thread,i said when the money hits my account i will remove the thread.the next day when i checked my account the payment had been made,being a man of my word i contacted a moderater and requested the thread be removed.in this case i had to give my word to get my money.as much as would have liked to eave the thread up for others to be warned i gave my word.one thing i know for sure,the power of oso is amazing.
I know exactly how u feel . and where the origainal poster of this thread is going with this . Yes yesterday I started a thread telling exactly what happened in my situation with pics .. And yes until it was posted on the Internet i got nowhere .. However I was contacted and told I would be receiving a check this morning . The sender tracked it to my house within minutes of being del . I was contacted and told to delete the thread as I was paid . Now mind u I have a personal check in my hand that I have to dep and if thread stays up im sure it won't clear or do I want to be a tough guy eat $1.200 and leave the thread up ????
It's easy for all u guys to say till your in the situation . I have my word I would take it down and I value that . So in the end am I the bad guy ??? Sooner or later the guy would have *****ed to oso mods and it would have been pulled like many others have and i would still be out the $$$ .. So in ending anyone want to put up $1.200 I'll gladley put the post back up as long as I have my money back
Any takers. ????? Ya I didn't think so
Old 03-04-2016, 04:56 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Some years ago a well known member of this site, screwed me on a pair of sport masters, after numerous emails and phone calls met with a resounding thud and little action a well worded post on OSO got it resolved in a day...
In this particular instance the well known member pulled some strings and had the post removed, so it can unfortunately swing both ways, I would have much rather it been left up.
Old 03-04-2016, 05:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Waterboy123
Some years ago a well known member of this site, screwed me on a pair of sport masters, after numerous emails and phone calls met with a resounding thud and little action a well worded post on OSO got it resolved in a day...
In this particular instance the well known member pulled some strings and had the post removed, so it can unfortunately swing both ways, I would have much rather it been left up.
I agree ...but sooner or later the thread will go away get buried and lost .like I said in my first post .. I can leave the post up its just gonna cost me $1.200 I don't think I really want to advertise it ..I still need a set of heads though ..funny how easy other guys think .and don't get me wrong I appreciate all the support I got here from others and I always speak up as well for other in the same situation .things may have been different if the amount had been smaller u never know ...I did what I said I would do its over .not beating a dead horse
Old 03-04-2016, 05:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Padraig
Some of you might think different if it was your $1200 instead of Smoking Gun's.

Padraig
heres a guy who understands
Old 03-04-2016, 05:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by boatnt
yep,I agree 100%
when you delete the thread, you in one way or another are showing us how its ALL about you and we were used for your purpose !!
ill tell u what ill do for u ..send me a check for $1.200 and ill put the post back up ..gotta luv it its all about me .put yourself in my position

I bet you would have walked away from the $1.200 right ?????? jerk
Old 03-04-2016, 05:32 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

We all need to look out for one another and help each other out thats the way of our sport. It sucks becouse it is a double edged sword if you leave it up to possibly save someone else the hassle good chance you might not get your problem solved. Then if you get it solved by giving your ward that when it is you will taking it down and at that point you open up the chance for some one else to get burnt by the same guy. It sucks earth way and if people conducted there sales in a way that they would wanted to be treated there would be no need for a beware section. But that is unrealistic sadly.
Old 03-04-2016, 05:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 1989mach1
We all need to look out for one another and help each other out thats the way of our sport. It sucks becouse it is a double edged sword if you leave it up to possibly save someone else the hassle good chance you might not get your problem solved. Then if you get it solved by giving your ward that when it is you will taking it down and at that point you open up the chance for some one else to get burnt by the same guy. It sucks earth way and if people conducted there sales in a way that they would wanted to be treated there would be no need for a beware section. But that is unrealistic sadly.
the guy in question has 30 items in the classified section that he has paid for to advertise .you really think oso wont pull the post .??? I considered everything long before this
Old 03-04-2016, 05:49 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by smokin' gun
ill tell u what ill do for u ..send me a check for $1.200 and ill put the post back up ..gotta luv it its all about me .put yourself in my position

I bet you would have walked away from the $1.200 right ?????? jerk
No need to jump on him, you see the other side too. Part of the site is to help protect members from these predators and I get that sentiment, I also get your end of needing to get your money back, sort of a win-lose scenario but all here understand your position.
Old 03-04-2016, 06:16 PM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by smokin' gun
where the origainal poster of this thread is going with this .
I am the original poster Gordon,and believe it or not its always about you,there has been many beware threads deleted your is just one of them,but this thread is not about you,its about all the people that take time to reply to these threads and than POOF its GONE!!!

I have to tell you Gordon I have bought parts from you in the past and spent some time talking to you on the phone,and you always were a gentleman and real nice,BUT on this site with some of your replies Gordon you come of sounding rather bitter and always rough,so for a guy that pretty much runs a business on OSO with just a Gold Membership try to be a little nicer with your replies,
I was NOT thinking of you when I started this thread,sorry if you thought this is about you,its not.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.