Notices

Don Aronow's Mercedes

Old 03-14-2016, 09:13 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0Wvw80UvEM
Originally Posted by Quinlan
and own the fastest MB in the world

Don't leave us Hanging on THIS comment with out info and PICS!!!
I'll do one better, here is a video.
2008 AMG CLK63 Black Series with stock M156 6.2L AMG block, everything else in the motor and trans is VERY built, plus a 4.0L Weistec twin screw supercharger. About 1400hp +/- depending on which blower pulley I am running.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0Wvw80UvEM

Last edited by partlowr; 03-14-2016 at 09:21 AM.
Old 03-14-2016, 09:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wobble
[ATTACH=CONFIG]552124[/ATTACH]

Not much for those foreign cars but I have a soft spot for the 560 amg mercedes after taking a 160mph ride in a Federal Judges car in about 1987 (I think) on a Houston Freeway

Not the car pictured
The black car pictured is a 560 widebody...rarest of the rare when it comes to vintage AMG's.
The following users liked this post:
MikeyFIN (12-17-2020)
Old 03-14-2016, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

----I used to work for AMG of North America back when there was an AMG of NA. We were based out of Chicago and brought in all the add-ons as well as whole cars done by AMG. Saw some crazy stuff back then. We had several wide-body, 4-cam SECs come thru similar to the above. My boss and AMG had a falling out and AMG bought our company out. I still have a 1990 SEC with some of the stuff, but no engine mods. The 1st gear start has been done, as well as a bit of lowering and a set of 18s and monochromatic paint done on a black pearl car. Only has a bit over 30,000 original miles and is mint. Anybody want it??? It doesn't get much use since I bought a Bentley Continental GT Speed........Bill S
Old 03-14-2016, 10:46 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by olredalert
----I used to work for AMG of North America back when there was an AMG of NA. We were based out of Chicago and brought in all the add-ons as well as whole cars done by AMG. Saw some crazy stuff back then. We had several wide-body, 4-cam SECs come thru similar to the above. My boss and AMG had a falling out and AMG bought our company out. I still have a 1990 SEC with some of the stuff, but no engine mods. The 1st gear start has been done, as well as a bit of lowering and a set of 18s and monochromatic paint done on a black pearl car. Only has a bit over 30,000 original miles and is mint. Anybody want it??? It doesn't get much use since I bought a Bentley Continental GT Speed........Bill S
send me some pics of it as well as price.. rob(at)proformauto.com
Old 03-14-2016, 10:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by olredalert
I might be interested, do you have any photos? Are you still in the Chicago area? I am in Naperville. I assume that you worked out of Westmont, IL AMG? I have a large stash of new old stock AMG parts that were from the body shop in Westmont that painted the AMG conversions.
Old 03-14-2016, 11:40 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by partlowr
The black car pictured is a 560 widebody...rarest of the rare when it comes to vintage AMG's.
Couldn't find any pics as nearly all my older ones were lost in the flood caused by TS Allison in 2001. It was a quad cam motor and had some smaller flairs to accommodate the tires. It was very cool being chauffeured by a Judge at those speeds if only briefly.

The local police never messed with him. Went to pick up the car from his house on a trailer one time and got stopped by 3 local police cars leaving the neighborhood. Had to sit at the side of the road until someone could get a message to the judge who was in court at the time.
Old 03-14-2016, 05:41 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

----Yup,,,That was Westmont. Cant remember the name of that shop. I have since moved twice and am now about 40 miles north of Detroit, 2000 feet from Canada. I also managed Classic Motors in Hinsdale. Restored and sold a bunch of Corvettes and all manor of Muscle back then. I have many, many great friends in the Chicago area (particularly Naperville as I worked for a homebuilder there for a year as well). that can vouch for me. If you are interested My phone # is 810-420-0431 . The SEC is probably the best one in Michigan.........Bill S
Old 03-16-2016, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by partlowr
Do you have this listed over on MB World forum, that would be the place to list something like this. I've got nearly 7,000 post count over there and own the fastest MB in the world so let me know if you want me to help you pimp it over there. AMG private lounge has a lot of guys who collect vintage MB's as well, that would be a good place to mention this even though it's not an AMG....too bad it's not the AMG version I would be cutting you a check for it right now, cool car nonetheless.
So you own a MB F1 car? Awesome
Old 04-17-2016, 03:31 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts
Default Dons Mercedes

$7950 obo. Needs to go [ATTACH=CONFIG]554297[/ATTACH]

More pics on our website.
Attached Thumbnails Don Aronow's Mercedes-dsc_0889.jpg  
Old 04-17-2016, 04:10 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by lucky strike
$7950 obo. Needs to go [ATTACH=CONFIG]554297[/ATTACH]

More pics on our website.
Steve that car should get posted on bring a trailer .com......BAT has lots of neat cars with interesting histories!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.