Notices

Good Boats < $18K

Old 04-06-2016, 04:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

partlowr - Thanks for the referrals. it is funny that people post boat ads with pictures taken in the dark...why would someone do that? I do like the Aggressor, I just don't know about this one (cuz I can't see it). As for the checkmates, I have some deeply rooted and unexplainable thing going back to the late 70's that would never allow me to personally own a checkmate. I realize this is irrational and many good things have been said about them..it's just my thing .

LouieM - I don't think that is a question I can respond to one way or another.

I continue to like the Formula 272;

1) I like the length 26-28ft,
2) I like the twin screws (although I am less of a fan of any pair of small blocks running under 650hp, and less of a fan of the big blocks paired running less than ~ 750hp)
3) I like a nice cuddy cabin space and easy access to it
4) a really solid hull
5) Bravo or better drives
6) swim deck

Feature preferences;

1) hydraulic steering,
2) captains call,
3) nice canvases
4) power engine hatch,
5) power to run a tv :-)
6) solid trailer w/ brakes

I kinda feel like the search now starts again, but now I have a better feel for what I want :-)
Old 04-06-2016, 05:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scottgjerdingen
partlowr - Thanks for the referrals. it is funny that people post boat ads with pictures taken in the dark...why would someone do that? I do like the Aggressor, I just don't know about this one (cuz I can't see it). As for the checkmates, I have some deeply rooted and unexplainable thing going back to the late 70's that would never allow me to personally own a checkmate. I realize this is irrational and many good things have been said about them..it's just my thing .

LouieM - I don't think that is a question I can respond to one way or another.

I continue to like the Formula 272;

1) I like the length 26-28ft,
2) I like the twin screws (although I am less of a fan of any pair of small blocks running under 650hp, and less of a fan of the big blocks paired running less than ~ 750hp)
3) I like a nice cuddy cabin space and easy access to it
4) a really solid hull
5) Bravo or better drives
6) swim deck

Feature preferences;

1) hydraulic steering,
2) captains call,
3) nice canvases
4) power engine hatch,
5) power to run a tv :-)
6) solid trailer w/ brakes

I kinda feel like the search now starts again, but now I have a better feel for what I want :-)
See if the seller can Skype with you and show you around the boat while on Skype or Facetime. That might be better than photos.
Old 04-06-2016, 06:19 PM
Registered

Skype is a great idea, especially as things thaw and come out of storage.
Old 04-07-2016, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by scottgjerdingen
You have $20,000 to buy a good 22-27ft lake/river boat this spring.

You like going really fast and your significant other wants a nice place to lay down sleep. Location is insignificant as long as it is in the lower 48.
  • What would you buy?
  • Where would you find it and what would it cost?
  • Why did you choose this boat?
  • This is what is on my mind right now, i've found some

Thank-you very much for contributing to the selection of my next boat :-)

- scott -
did you see this one?
Corey Dolliver on powerboat swap shop
Old 04-07-2016, 10:52 AM
Registered

To be honest under 18k you can get a nice Starcraft or some sort of Deck boat, center console boat with a good Yamaha engine because they last for ever. My friend got a Starcraft with 21 foot boat with a Yamaha engine with only 40 hours on it for 11k. How ever my dream boat or yacht is a Azimut or Sea ray little 42 foot mini yacht so i call them, they go for like 250k-350k maybe my rich friend can help me with that.
Old 04-07-2016, 11:32 AM
Registered

24 foot Baja with 454 mag...you can't get any better bank for your buck without a doubt. I had a 1988 240 sport back in 1998-2001 which is the same boat but older it was the the best boat I owned. I had a few different boats in between then decided to go back to that hull and motor. So I purchased a 1995 24 ft Outlaw sst in 2009 that I still own today. The only boat I will even consider is a 29 ft sunsation or 32 sunsation which I may go to in the future. If that fails me I will be right back to the 24 ft baja
Old 04-07-2016, 11:38 AM
Registered

BTW...it handles the chop like no other boat I have been in thats in that size range and that's the reason I went back. Nothing like a smooth fast ride on a choppy day, watching the other boats get banged around. 24degree dead rise is what you want trust me...with big power..lol. But if you had a few extra bucks I would go for the 25 outlaw...better cabin and a little better style to it. But you would be over the18 that you wanna stay below

Last edited by Z06 FAN; 04-07-2016 at 11:51 AM.
Old 04-07-2016, 12:13 PM
Registered

93 Shooter - I saw Corey's boat go up and sent him a PM right away, I do hope to hear back from him. It is a bit over budget but it looks like a sweet ride
Old 04-07-2016, 03:31 PM
Registered

ANy opinions on the Baja 280 with twin vortex 350's?
Old 04-07-2016, 09:06 PM
Registered

How big a hurry are you in to get a boat in hand?
I have an 88 272 that is in the middle of light resto - motors refreshed, interior, etc...
Power is 320 EFI's/Bravo 1's, I've seen 64 with 4 fat guys, 3/4 tank and 3 coolers. Had 650 hours on it, I doubt it slows any with rebuilds.
Comes on a newer aluminum triple axle trailer with 6 new tires and brakes on 2 axles.
We planned on keeping it and but both of us have gotten good promotions in the last year so thinking about upgrading.
Oh, I'm down in Des Moines so no need to worry about shipping.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.