Thanks Collabella Performance ! >

Thanks Collabella Performance !

Notices

Thanks Collabella Performance !

Old 03-27-2016, 10:07 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Thanks Collabella Performance !

Wanted to give a plug for Collabella Performance "Craig". I sent Craig my #4 speedmaster. It had a pitted propshaft, and had been getting minor water contamination since I bought the boat in 2010. I kept changing the lube often, and keeping an eye on it. Finally last labor day, the leak had got really bad. After having the boat in the water for 5 days over labor day weekend, it had taken on about a quart of water, and I ran it pretty hard that weekend. I knew I no longer could put off the repair.

Sent the drive to Craig, he tore into it. I was expecting there to be some damaged parts. But, other than some slight pitting on the spur gears, he said all looked great, including the upper and lower gear sets. He swapped the spur gears around, so they ride on a new face. Repaired the pitted propshaft, and rebuilt/reassembled the drive.

This is not the first time, I have seen Craig replace whats NEEDED, and nothing more. Some shops when you send your parts in 1000 miles away, will take advantage, and tell you that you need all kinds of stuff. I thanked Craig for being one of the honest guys in our hobby, and would definitely send drives to him again. His price was more than fair.

As far as the drive goes, I must say, so far, I am very impressed with the #4 ssm. When I bought the boat, they had over 100 hours on the drives, and may or may not have been ran prior to the install on this boat, as they were not factory. Now they have close to 300. They have been in front of 650hp engines for most of their time, and the last 4 seasons, 800hp in front of them. I haven't been easy on them, and they see some rough water. They do not have the better Net Forged straight cut upper gears, or the big prop shafts, just the std helical cut upper gears, and 19 spline propshafts. I was going to maybe upgrade to the better gears and propshafts, but I think I'll hold off, as these seem to be working good for now. I know that XR's , or TRS, wouldn't have probably made it 75 hours behind 800hp engines in a heavy boat that sees rough water.
Old 03-27-2016, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Craig is a super guy. I dropped a friends drives off there and he walked me around and showed me the whole place. The area where he actually rebuilds the drives is pretty cool also. I would definitely use him for any drive needs in the future.
Old 03-27-2016, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

creag rebuilt my dry sump 6 drives that were pretty beat.he did a great job and his labor rate is fair.i had origionally took my drives to a shop up north,the took them apart and gave me a price of 15k each to rebuild,craig did both drives for 12k.needless to say he needed to replace a lot of parts.
Old 03-27-2016, 05:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mike tkach
creag rebuilt my dry sump 6 drives that were pretty beat.he did a great job and his labor rate is fair.i had origionally took my drives to a shop up north,the took them apart and gave me a price of 15k each to rebuild,craig did both drives for 12k.needless to say he needed to replace a lot of parts.
He is a VERY HONEST guy. Great dealings with him in the past
Old 03-27-2016, 10:09 PM
Registered

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

Another vote for Craig here!
I've had him do two pair of sixes in the last 2 years, been very fair and great turnaround time. He worked late the one night and early the next morning to get my drives done while I was in town, he didnt even charge extra for letting me help him
Old 03-28-2016, 05:14 AM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Sent him both of mine to go through because one had a bad prop shaft seal. Nothing needed replacing other than some seals and fixing the pitted shaft where the bad seal was. Had some issues with them when I got them back but he paid for return shipping and took care of it no problem. Interesting side note, he found some #s inside that he put there back when the boat was being dialed in at lake x years ago.

Last edited by bck; 03-28-2016 at 05:17 AM.