Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Memeber's Ages - Professions >

Memeber's Ages - Professions

Notices

Memeber's Ages - Professions

Old 05-15-2003, 03:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jim vonwolske is the name, raised in Wisconsin, been in Tx for 20 years. 57 yo. No kids. I retired from Univ of Texas after 20 years as design and operations engineer on the large buildings and control systems. They got tired of me about the same time I got tired of them. Retirement package was too good to refuse. New boss was rather simple minded and enough was enough.
Live on beautiful Lake Austin in a house that is paid for. I can't stand TV, don't drink, golf, or gamble, bored with hunting, haven't seen my exwife for 13 years and the dog ran away, so nothing else to do except this boat stuff.
69 corvette 427, 435 hp, conv.;
beat up 3/4 ton Suburban, love the 454 power;
7, yes seven boats, (mostly flat bottom fishing boats for bow and arrow fishing), four of which I have never used, I just buy them so no one else can have them. I know, that is a true sickness. Two Century Coronados, (one is a Cardell). Had a Rayson with a BBC and v-drive. The ex called it the "sinus boat" because it did not have a windshield and would blow up her nose. What a Kill Joy.
I just bought 3 turbine engines and came real close to buying a 39 foot cat to put them in.
Presently building a 75X37 foot garage. That ought to make y'all sick with jealousy.
Have a Case 90 XT skid loader, 9400 lbs, (like a really big Bobcat) for moving boats into and out of the garage. Nothing like overkill. Besides, it is worth at least $20,000 to make my friends have to "kiss my butt" once a year just to borrow it.
Been working on a couple of patents lately. If any one wants some pointers, just email me.
Developed a recent fondness for blue eyed, bad girls.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by blue thunder
37 years old

Married 8 yrs today - Glad to be married... single life was waaay toooo dangerous!!!

2 boys

Native Iowan moved to PA 10 yrs ago

Went to college so I wouldn't have to do concrete work.

Manufacturing Engineer Manager (Mouse traps at the moment)

30' Scarab Panther - 454s

8' Seaworthy Dingy w/ 1965 7.5 hp sears gamefisher used primarily for racing.

Blue Thunder aka Dave

A frequent flyer on the Chesepeake Bay and its tributaries.

BT
Wow, what a throwback in time. 45 now, married 16yrs
Old 11-03-2010, 04:15 PM
Registered

Jerry here my screen name is pokey27 for my boat its a 27 Fountain fever mid cabin wippled 502 I pull her with a 2008 f250 known as lil blu I am 43 married To Amy have 3 kids 15 ,13 and 10 I am a shovel operator at a coal mine And I can't wait for summer to get here
Old 11-03-2010, 04:18 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

26 Years Old

Not married but live with my girlfriend and we have a 16 month old.

Boat in a Sonic 30SS; tow it with a 05 Harley Davidson

I am controller and part owner of Valor Oil
Old 11-03-2010, 05:06 PM
Registered

simple enough:
Eric
single and staying that way
10 years spec ops
currently self employed selling alchohol
as of today the fleet consists of a Chris Craft 375 stinger, supercharged cig 20, and a couple old woodies
transportation 03 F350 with a 7.3, and 97 GMC (to clean to pass up, future rod) and a 95 Harley Davidson Bad Boy with a few mods haha
Old 11-03-2010, 05:19 PM
Registered

Everyone......please also add your home address and social security number here too.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Everyone......please also add your home address and social security number here too.
LOL thats one way to add to the fleet.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:43 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

well . . . . . my name is actually Dale but i mis spelled it when i signed up and i sell replacement windshields for cars . . . . . not sure why but i keep getting PM's asking me questions about fiberglass repairs . . . . . I'm 44 and have successfully dated the same girl for two whole months now . . . . in a row even. I originally thought this place was a forum for investments and banking outside the country but i guess you guys are into what? boats or something?
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 11-03-2010, 05:46 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
well . . . . . my name is actually Dale but i mis spelled it when i signed up and i sell replacement windshields for cars . . . . . not sure why but i keep getting PM's asking me questions about fiberglass repairs . . . . . I'm 44 and have successfully dated the same girl for two whole months now . . . . in a row even. I originally thought this place was a forum for investments and banking outside the country but i guess you guys are into what? boats or something?
Do you handle chip repair??
Old 11-03-2010, 05:48 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave

So. Its really Dale Siporski?

Quick Reply: Memeber's Ages - Professions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.