Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   New to the Ft. Lauderdale area (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/336170-new-ft-lauderdale-area.html)

Jupiter Sunsation 04-07-2016 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by SS930 (Post 4425805)
Brian, you're going to love boating there in the winter months, it really makes winter so much more tolerable going down there every few weeks!

Greg,
I was going to head over to the Boca-Bash in a couple of weeks as you're not the first to say it's a good time. This will be my first for this event. With the boat currently in Dania Beach, I was planning on hitting the Bash and probably taking it north for the summer the next day. With that said, am I better off taking the boat up and back by water for the raft up (I have a place to leave the boat in water in Boca overnight), or trailering it up to Boca for the raft up and then pull it the next morning at a local ramp in Boca, then head straight north for the summer? The later seems more logical, but I don't know if the Boca ramp(s) will be a mess before and afterwards due to the raft-up.

Thanks!

The Silver Palm Park ramp is literally at Palmetto Park Rd and the ICW.......1000 ft from Boca Bash. The authorities will definitely keep non-residents away from that ramp that weekend. El Rio Canal and Dixie Hwy in Deerfield is the next closest ramp (3 miles away) but it will fill quick.

shepnic74 04-07-2016 07:56 PM

When I lived down there I used the boyton ramp but you really want to know the conditions for the day cause the inlet can be tricky and once you commit you have to make it out to turn around.

Cash Bar 04-07-2016 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by shepnic74 (Post 4426085)
When I lived down there I used the boyton ramp but you really want to know the conditions for the day cause the inlet can be tricky and once you commit you have to make it out to turn around.

All true but I wouldn't even bother to go outside only going down to Lake Boca. Lots of nice scenery on the way.

shepnic74 04-08-2016 05:15 AM

Right about now I'm saying why the hell did I move back to buffalo. Watching flurries out my window and 26deg out. When we where down there we use to bounce out the inlet during the warmer months just to catch a little ocean breeze and cool off. Use to spend most of our IC time at peanut. I feel like in the time we lived there we missed out on a ton of stuff we should have done knowing what I know now. Spent to much time working and not enough play.

Scarab3DMC 04-08-2016 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by Cash Bar (Post 4426004)
I'm just gonna squeeze in between two of the $$$$$$ yachts. :drool1:

Leave me some room for the Shockwave, have them fenders out !

mummaiv 04-08-2016 06:30 AM

Great thread... We kept our Fountain in the Marco Island / Naples, area this past winter. Thinking about trying the East coast this winter. Is the boating good in the Ft Lauderdale area in the winter or more dependent on the weather systems?