New to the Ft. Lauderdale area >

New to the Ft. Lauderdale area

Notices

New to the Ft. Lauderdale area

Old 04-06-2016, 10:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the Ft. Lauderdale area

I leased a house in Lighthouse Point for a year starting May 1. We love it down there but want to make sure its where we want to be before we buy something. The house is a few in from the ICW. I plan on keeping my boat, a 38ZR, which I just purchased and will be delivered next week, at Aquamarina Hidden Harbor (already have my spot for the year) and keep the boat at the house for a night or two in between putting it back on the racks. I have never boated outside of the Jersey shore, just looking for some suggestions and advice. I imagine we'll be using the Hillsboro inlet mostly. I can't wait to hit Houstons,shooters,15th st. fisheries etc by boat. I'd love to cruise to Miami for a day. I am planning on taking Tres Martins course in the next 2 months, my last boat was a 33 Baja Outlaw so I am not familiar with the speed and stepped hull of the Donzi. I also bought 2 jetskis for down there, any advice on fun spots for them? I can't wait for the Keys Poker run, Im going to join the FBC this week. I'll be down there every few weeks for a week or 2 and all winter. Looking forward to a fun year!!
Old 04-06-2016, 10:25 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 790 Likes on 257 Posts

Welcome!!

I am a native and do most of my business in Lighthouse Point and Pompano. You will love it. Aquamarine does a great job. You are only a few weeks from BocaPalooza raft up party at Lake Boca. This is a must attend if your boat arrives. If not. try to hook up with someone and check it out.

You can run north to Peanut Island in the Port of Palm Beach, or south to Haulover, very easy from where you will be. In the summer months the Atlantic gets flat and you can run to the islands almost any day.

Let me know and I'll help in any way I can.

Greg
Old 04-06-2016, 10:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
Welcome!!

I am a native and do most of my business in Lighthouse Point and Pompano. You will love it. Aquamarine does a great job. You are only a few weeks from BocaPalooza raft up party at Lake Boca. This is a must attend if your boat arrives. If not. try to hook up with someone and check it out.

You can run north to Peanut Island in the Port of Palm Beach, or south to Haulover, very easy from where you will be. In the summer months the Atlantic gets flat and you can run to the islands almost any day.

Let me know and I'll help in any way I can.

Greg
Sounds great, I can't wait. I heard about that raft up, definitely will look into it. Thanks for the help
Old 04-06-2016, 11:51 PM
Registered

Welcome To Fla, if you do not like the weather wait 5 minutes .
The first week end in DEC we celebrate a toy collection poker run in North Fla, it is big fun we want to invite you and all . it is a FREE ride
Old 04-07-2016, 07:47 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Brian, you're going to love boating there in the winter months, it really makes winter so much more tolerable going down there every few weeks!

You are only a few weeks from BocaPalooza raft up party at Lake Boca. This is a must attend if your boat arrives. If not. try to hook up with someone and check it out.
Greg,
I was going to head over to the Boca-Bash in a couple of weeks as you're not the first to say it's a good time. This will be my first for this event. With the boat currently in Dania Beach, I was planning on hitting the Bash and probably taking it north for the summer the next day. With that said, am I better off taking the boat up and back by water for the raft up (I have a place to leave the boat in water in Boca overnight), or trailering it up to Boca for the raft up and then pull it the next morning at a local ramp in Boca, then head straight north for the summer? The later seems more logical, but I don't know if the Boca ramp(s) will be a mess before and afterwards due to the raft-up.

Thanks!
Old 04-07-2016, 09:21 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to the neighborhood
Old 04-07-2016, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome Brian,
Also live close by in Pompano. Boat out of Hillsboro inlet a lot. More so in the summer months.
Let me know when you are down and we can show you around.
Great place to eat in lighthouse point called Nauti Dawg. It is at the marina. Breakfast is great.
Old 04-07-2016, 10:34 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Originally Posted by SS930
Brian, you're going to love boating there in the winter months, it really makes winter so much more tolerable going down there every few weeks!

Greg,
I was going to head over to the Boca-Bash in a couple of weeks as you're not the first to say it's a good time. This will be my first for this event. With the boat currently in Dania Beach, I was planning on hitting the Bash and probably taking it north for the summer the next day. With that said, am I better off taking the boat up and back by water for the raft up (I have a place to leave the boat in water in Boca overnight), or trailering it up to Boca for the raft up and then pull it the next morning at a local ramp in Boca, then head straight north for the summer? The later seems more logical, but I don't know if the Boca ramp(s) will be a mess before and afterwards due to the raft-up.

Thanks!
I would avoid the Boca ramps. Maybe go in at 14th St Pompano or even go north to Boynton city ramp. Easy to run down to Boca and back and then you're already north of the traffic when you head out.
Old 04-07-2016, 12:37 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome! I'm fairly new to the area as well (~1.5 years). I'm taking the boat out on Saturday out of Matheson Hammock Park, hit up the sandbar at key biscayne. Let us know when you get the boat here, we'll all get together.

I would avoid the Boca ramps. Maybe go in at 14th St Pompano or even go north to Boynton city ramp. Easy to run down to Boca and back and then you're already north of the traffic when you head out.
You gonna take the AT out there (assuming it isnt sold yet)? It seemed that Boca Bash isn't a place you want to take a nice boat lol...
Old 04-07-2016, 04:21 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Originally Posted by ToMorrow44

You gonna take the AT out there (assuming it isnt sold yet)? It seemed that Boca Bash isn't a place you want to take a nice boat lol...
I'm just gonna squeeze in between two of the $$$$$$ yachts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.