Notices

Crashed 35 Fountain

Old 04-08-2016, 09:20 AM
  #1  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Texoma
Posts: 235
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crashed 35 Fountain

Does anybody remember a 2007 or 2008 35 Fountain that crashed in the Pompano Beach area in about 2008? I think it hit a bridge and tore the side out of it.... I think it had Red/Yellow graphics on the side. Palm Beach Offshore Marine (Got a good story about them later) ended up with the boat last year... I was told the boat had 13 hours and 525's. It was tied up in a lawsuit or at the Insurance company until last year sometime...

Thanks in advance for all the info.... Derek
bullittcustoms is offline  
Old 04-08-2016, 09:26 AM
  #2  
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 10,713
Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by bullittcustoms View Post
Does anybody remember a 2007 or 2008 35 Fountain that crashed in the Pompano Beach area in about 2008? I think it hit a bridge and tore the side out of it.... I think it had Red/Yellow graphics on the side. Palm Beach Offshore Marine (Got a good story about them later) ended up with the boat last year... I was told the boat had 13 hours and 525's. It was tied up in a lawsuit or at the Insurance company until last year sometime...

Thanks in advance for all the info.... Derek
I think the boat you are asking about flipped in the open ocean......new boat, no skills, step bottom + turn = swimming!

I am 99% sure the guy that bought my trailer was the owner of that boat. He needed to get it out of a marina that was charging him to rack a wreck. The trailer was going to allow him to store it somewhere for free but that was 5 years ago when I sold it. The story was the insurance wasn't active so I believe they were trying to sue the dealership for allowing the boat to go out without insurance so they could collect from the dealer's insurance.......it seemed like a longshot case for sure.

Cashbar got the last ride on that boat if I recall correctly!
Jupiter Sunsation is offline  
Old 04-08-2016, 09:36 AM
  #3  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Texoma
Posts: 235
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Man That is awesome info!!! I bought the motors from a guy down there and he never shipped them. I need to somehow get the vin of that boat, or the dealer that sold it, marina, etc... Hope you can help..... Thanks man!!
bullittcustoms is offline  
Old 04-08-2016, 11:23 AM
  #4  
Registered
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: MI
Posts: 2,633
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

JRider is offline  
Old 04-08-2016, 11:58 AM
  #5  
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Syracuse Ny
Posts: 1,462
Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts
Default

I have a crashed 2004 35 fountain if that helps!!
315duramax is offline  
Old 04-08-2016, 12:02 PM
  #6  
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member
 
Cash Bar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: On the way to a PR near you
Posts: 12,653
Received 182 Likes on 64 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation View Post

Cashbar got the last ride on that boat if I recall correctly!
I don't think that had red/yellow? I think it was blue(ish)

And it didn't tear up the side it ripped the stern apart at the bilge bulkhead.

I just messaged LSjr for pics
__________________
Your OSO connection to great S. Florida Real Estate.
www.gregsellswaterfront.com

Last edited by Cash Bar; 04-08-2016 at 12:04 PM.
Cash Bar is offline  
Old 04-08-2016, 01:01 PM
  #7  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Texoma
Posts: 235
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Cash Bar View Post
I don't think that had red/yellow? I think it was blue(ish)

And it didn't tear up the side it ripped the stern apart at the bilge bulkhead.

I just messaged LSjr for pics
That would be great.... I got a good story for you guys, but I gotta get my ducks in a row first!! LOL
bullittcustoms is offline  
Old 04-08-2016, 01:41 PM
  #8  
Forum Regulator
VIP Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Sydwayz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Worldwide
Posts: 23,016
Received 203 Likes on 107 Posts
Default



"Is Cash Bar OK?"


The beak makes a great reference point to make sure you are towing a Fountain straight when upside down.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]553769[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Crashed 35 Fountain-cashbar.jpg  

Last edited by Sydwayz; 04-08-2016 at 01:45 PM.
Sydwayz is offline  
Old 04-08-2016, 01:51 PM
  #9  
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Central IL / Green Bay, WI
Posts: 1,118
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

^ Holy crap! You know you're having a bad day when...
Wasted Income is offline  
Old 04-08-2016, 02:29 PM
  #10  
Charter Member
Charter Member
 
Dean Ferry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Merritt Is. Fl. USA
Posts: 6,912
Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Sydwayz View Post


"Is Cash Bar OK?"


The beak makes a great reference point to make sure you are towing a Fountain straight when upside down.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]553769[/ATTACH]
WOW, hope no one got hurt...
__________________
Everything is for sale @ a certain $$
Dean Ferry is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.