Notices

SBI New Orleans

Old 10-26-2002, 09:11 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Bruce, I'll be there on the 9th, in time for a party and to watch the last day of racing.

A cocktail or three sounds good. Are you bringing your steering wheel with ya?
Attached Thumbnails SBI New Orleans-awesome-wheel-boat.jpg  
Old 10-26-2002, 09:33 AM
Registered

RON

good mornin, just watchin APBA Cleveland, gettin pumped up

look forward to seein ya next week. by the way im not bringin the wheel, its in Smittys Trophy Case. Besides, we dont need to be reminded of that day now do we?????
Old 10-28-2002, 09:01 PM
Registered

All attending worlds. Call us as we will be partying the entire week. We will be happy to show all of you how we do it in the Big easy.

Stephen
Old 10-28-2002, 09:03 PM
Registered

YIPPPY
Old 10-28-2002, 09:09 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

I gotta get me a muffalletta sandwich and some gator tail!
Old 10-29-2002, 06:03 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default sbi

does any body know of another ramp besides the one at west end lake shore park .the one there is prob going to be bussy with the 2 cranes and racers?

just confirmed the bestwestern land mark hotel in metairie,still has vacancy at 79.95 a nite. they said they had plenty of parking on site.i figured this is closest to race site and prob take taxi in to meet every body sat nite.

anybody figure the time and place to meet yet?

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 10-29-2002, 08:21 PM
(aka) Pure Adrenaline
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

We are keeping our boat at Orlean Levee Board, Pier 5, Slip 15, and they told me the only ramp around was at the end of New Bonnabel Blvd. there is an exit off of I-10. I used Map Quest and it runs north straight into a park with ramps. Looks like less than a mile west of west end park. We should be there tuesday evening.
My daughter lives in New Orleand and is going to check it out and I'll post the infomation when I get it.
Old 10-29-2002, 10:30 PM
Registered

Bonnabel launch is a nice one, and there are exits from I-10. From that launch, you will be about 2 miles from West End. There is a street which runs parallel to the lakeshore, Oak Street, which begins at Bonnabel 1 block from the launch & lake. Oak street ends at Lake ave. in an area called Bucktown (can you say seafood???).

If you made it to Lake Ave., turn north and you will see the Lake Ponchartrain levee about 1/4 mile to the north. Head in that direction, and look for a large hi-rise (about 15 story) condo building to your right. That building is on the road leading to the West End launch area. Also, in that immediate area is the beginning of Lakeshore drive.

At West End there is a marina, and the main drag wraps around the Marina on the south, west and east sides.The launch is at the northwest corner of West End.

If you want to watch from land, Lakeshore Drive runs from West End to beyond the turn point, which appears to be near Bayou St. John.

Bulldog aka Ronnie
Old 10-30-2002, 07:42 AM
Registered

Hey Kaama, are you taking your boat? My Aunt was Betty Cook. I will be getting a plague from John for her induction into the SBI Hall of Fame when I'm down there. I would love to see you boat and those Kaama's. If you could spare a ride, that would be great also. Would be great to meet up with everyone. I'm not sure when I will be getting together with John, I think it will be one of the awards night.

Shawn
Old 10-31-2002, 01:22 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default no

bulldog & kaama scarab30 did any body decide on where and when if anyone wants to meet up sat nite.

i think were going to hit the pits sat morn then go out on the water sat afternoon maybe watch some testing?hope the weateher going to be ok.

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.

Quick Reply: SBI New Orleans

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.