Notices

Trim pump help....

Old 04-25-2016, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Trim pump help....

I installed a new SEI trimp pump last year and worked great.... BUT went to prep the boat for this season and the pump stopped working... Of course, I am 3 weeks out of warranty

When I hit the trim switch up or down, I hear clicking from solenoid but the pump does not run....

Is this as simple as replacing the solenoid or has the pump taken a crap on me??

Thanks in advance...
Chris
Old 04-25-2016, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Corrosion on the terminals, or bad connection. Jumper across the solenoid with heavy gauge wire to see if the pump motor is working.
Old 04-25-2016, 08:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by blaquebaja
Corrosion on the terminals, or bad connection. Jumper across the solenoid with heavy gauge wire to see if the pump motor is working.
Thanks for the reply... I'll clean all the connections tomorrow and give the jumper wire a shot as well...
Thanks again
Old 04-25-2016, 10:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If that doesn't work, pull the pump motor off and see if you got some rust/corrosion on the output shaft.

I had one do that a couple years ago, broke it down, sprayed some penetrating lube on and spun it by hand, put it back together and good to go.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:57 AM
Registered

Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts

Also check your manual or call CS for a minimum voltage requirement to operate the pump and solenoids. I have a Boat Leveler Co. Pump that requires a min. Of 12.7 volts. If you're not above the minimum due to storage, weak batteries, etc. it may be as simple as cranking it up.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by c_deezy
If that doesn't work, pull the pump motor off and see if you got some rust/corrosion on the output shaft.

I had one do that a couple years ago, broke it down, sprayed some penetrating lube on and spun it by hand, put it back together and good to go.
Originally Posted by Tractionless
Also check your manual or call CS for a minimum voltage requirement to operate the pump and solenoids. I have a Boat Leveler Co. Pump that requires a min. Of 12.7 volts. If you're not above the minimum due to storage, weak batteries, etc. it may be as simple as cranking it up.
I actually tried that as well, had it running and alternator working good but no luck... Batteries were fresh off chargers as well....

Didn't get a chance to mess with the pump today... Weather was ****, hope to get to it tomorrow!