Fountain, Baja, Donzi and Pro Line NEW OWNERS >

Fountain, Baja, Donzi and Pro Line NEW OWNERS

Notices

Fountain, Baja, Donzi and Pro Line NEW OWNERS

Old 05-04-2016, 11:46 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,125 Likes on 475 Posts

This is a bit like a rebuild thread without photos.

The rebirth of these great brands has been flaunted here several times and we've yet to see the proof. I don't want to sound like a 'doubter' but I'd really like to see something positive from the owners of the group. Some of the smaller manufacturers promote on here and share images, "first hull out of the mold, new design underway, updates to the previous model" stuff like that. I think if they were to share info like this it would be a great positive for their brand recognition because after such a long absence from the market, they need some recognition.

Ultimately, I'd like to see a pic of a finished boat!

If it was me, I'd be pushing a Baja as the first new hull out of a mold simply because it would be the most price competitive product they have. Get interest and confidence back in to the entry level go fast and build on the more exotic slowly.

Just my opinion but whatever happens, I wish all those involved lots of success.

RR
Old 05-05-2016, 12:07 AM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

All 3 brands need MILLIONS in new tooling to compete in today's market, especially Fountain and Donzi.

Baja has the most potential IF the price stays competitive and the styling and graphics go back to how they were......at or ahead of their time.

I still don't understand who this new group is, and how being related to a family member of a family member of Sonic or a stepmotherinlaw of Reggie the III should impress us.......
Old 05-05-2016, 06:28 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

hope it all works out,shame to see the names go away

Last edited by boatnt; 05-05-2016 at 06:31 AM.
Old 05-05-2016, 06:31 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by rak rua
This is a bit like a rebuild thread without photos.

The rebirth of these great brands has been flaunted here several times and we've yet to see the proof. I don't want to sound like a 'doubter' but I'd really like to see something positive from the owners of the group. Some of the smaller manufacturers promote on here and share images, "first hull out of the mold, new design underway, updates to the previous model" stuff like that. I think if they were to share info like this it would be a great positive for their brand recognition because after such a long absence from the market, they need some recognition.

Ultimately, I'd like to see a pic of a finished boat!

If it was me, I'd be pushing a Baja as the first new hull out of a mold simply because it would be the most price competitive product they have. Get interest and confidence back in to the entry level go fast and build on the more exotic slowly.

Just my opinion but whatever happens, I wish all those involved lots of success.

RR
This one was just delivered:

Old 05-05-2016, 06:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
All 3 brands need MILLIONS in new tooling to compete in today's market, especially Fountain and Donzi.

Baja has the most potential IF the price stays competitive and the styling and graphics go back to how they were......at or ahead of their time.

I still don't understand who this new group is, and how being related to a family member of a family member of Sonic or a stepmotherinlaw of Reggie the III should impress us.......
I dont think its meant to impress you! but simply to let in us know who the new people in charge are,
and as far as the step mother of Reggie the III ,just the fact that she has been with the company 30 years is pretty impressive it self
Old 05-05-2016, 06:48 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,125 Likes on 475 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood

Beautiful boat. Can't go wrong with a Classic.
Positive news to see a new boat on the water, hope to see many more.

RR

Last edited by rak rua; 05-05-2016 at 06:53 AM.
Old 05-05-2016, 07:24 AM
Registered

Received 1,329 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood

Is that someone you know? Were you able to look at the rigging, how did it look?
Old 05-05-2016, 08:18 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

On one hand people want to see the brands back in business and producing boats and parts. On the other hand how many real players are out there willing to shell out real big $ for 15+ year old hull designs? Can they sell some boats by just pulling the molds out, slapping some current style interior and power in the boats? Sure, but is that a sustainable business model? Evolution is what needs to happen and is the market there to support it?
Old 05-05-2016, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Is that someone you know? Were you able to look at the rigging, how did it look?
No I haven't seen it. It was discussed on a Donzi forum. Baja made a lot of small changes that most wouldn't notice. The front lifting eye is moved forward, it has front cleats, it has the special edition hood scoop and not the front clamshells, boot stripe doesn't extend to bow, no rear lifting ring, Donzi letters are color coordinated.
Old 05-05-2016, 09:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by VoodooRob
On one hand people want to see the brands back in business and producing boats and parts. On the other hand how many real players are out there willing to shell out real big $ for 15+ year old hull designs? Can they sell some boats by just pulling the molds out, slapping some current style interior and power in the boats? Sure, but is that a sustainable business model? Evolution is what needs to happen and is the market there to support it?
I hear what you are say,but what kind of changes has the hull on the 39 top gun or a formula Fast tech had the last 10 or so years?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.