Notices

Spectre @ Desert Storm

Old 05-07-2016, 12:58 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Spectre @ Desert Storm

With all the fan-fare surrounding Spectre's presence at DS, I'm curious as to how it went. The 32 in particular has always been a really nice looking boat so I assume the new owners are somehow updating and/or changing some things. The change I'd be most interested in is the 4th seat aft. How are they able to squeeze a 4th seat in there? I'm going by what is shown in the Ad that Cobra Powerboats is running. So, did the boat @ DS have the forth seat? Any pics? I'd also be interested in finding out how it ran. The Cobra Ad claims 130+ which maybe if the boat is being towed behind Pure Platinum w/ the motors up but that number seems really aggressive under its own power. Chances are the boat wasn't dialed in but I'd still like to know what it did if it ran. The Cobra Ad also quotes a price of $259K. Obviously retail but when one considers that Jay Pillini's new 34 w/ 400s is rumored to be right at $200K, even retail seems high (assuming the price quoted is retail).

To me, it looks like competition in the Sport Cat class is growing rather briskly. Skater, Predator, Spectre, Pillini, Elimnator, DCB and Phoenix all have really nice stuff out there. If it were my money, I'd go with a Phoenix canopied 6-seater with a removable top. Maybe 400's maybe 300s depending on how the boat would run and be the most manageable. Small gen-set at the rear seat bulkhead to run the a/c and music, sensible storage and impact glass big enough for all to see out of. The thing is Phoenix is still untested, no? Not important to me at the moment. Regardless, I like the option of a roof over my head.

Point is that there seems to be more competition in the market now than when the Spectre 32 first came out so I wish them well. The 32 will always be a nice boat
Old 05-07-2016, 01:30 PM
Registered

Received 70 Likes on 28 Posts

DWs in that mix too. Segment does seem to be picking up though.
Old 05-08-2016, 05:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't forget the 34 MTI in the works. OL will be releasing one as well.
Old 05-08-2016, 06:11 PM
Registered

Received 384 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930 View Post
Don't forget the 34 MTI in the works. OL will be releasing one as well.

MTI just released another rendering of their 340X

Photo Credit: http://marinetechnologyinc.com/2016/...red-catamaran/

Old 05-08-2016, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 70 Likes on 28 Posts

What does the OL hull look like?