Notices

Mercury K Planes

Old 05-10-2016, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mercury K Planes

I have a 2007 Sunsation 288 MCOB with Mercury K planes on it. The port side tab goes down just fine but is very slow to raise. Sometimes it does not want to raise at all. I checked the voltage at the solenoids and everything seems ok there. Any suggestions on where to look next? I thought about reversing the hoses and seeing if the problem changes to the down stoke.
Old 05-10-2016, 09:32 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Sounds like a bad solenoid. I would try bypassing it and use the supply voltage to the motor wires. The pump has to be passing fluid to go down also through both lines.
Option b would be to swap solenoids.
Old 05-10-2016, 10:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the tip. I used a jumper wire and bypassed the solenoids, unfortunately the results were the same. I guess my next option is to remove the pump and check for obstructions or debris. If there are any other suggestions I would greatly appreciate the help.