Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Miami marina? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/337371-miami-marina.html)

shaun harrington 05-15-2016 10:34 AM

Miami marina?

Can anyone help me with a marina in Miami, that i can leave my 37 outerlimits stiletto without the trailer in November before the key west poker run?

Donziben 05-15-2016 11:01 AM

TNT marine in north Miami. Or grove harbour marina in coconut grove.

Jupiter Sunsation 05-15-2016 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Donziben (Post 4439257)
TNT marine in north Miami. Or grove harbour marina in coconut grove.

Larry Goldman's new place might be open by then at Haulover boat ramp

jeff32 05-15-2016 11:32 AM

how much do they chafge roughly per week or per month to keep a boat in storage? i was wondering for the christmas to mid febuary period ...

Jupiter Sunsation 05-15-2016 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by jeff32 (Post 4439263)
how much do they chafge roughly per week or per month to keep a boat in storage? i was wondering for the christmas to mid febuary period ...

That is high season......wouldn't be surprised if it was $20-25 a ft per month plus 7% tax

MullenTJ86 05-15-2016 06:31 PM

Expect to drop $25 or more per foot. TNT is good, Grove Harbour is nice as well, Haulover has their new facility but I'm not sure how it is. Grove Harbour would be my recommendation, they're top end, nice lifts, good service, but you'll pay for it. 35' limit to store on indoor rack, you should have no prob.

Brad 05-15-2016 08:00 PM

Dry Storage is very expensive in Miami! I have had my boat at TNT for about a year, great service from the staff.

Tom A. 05-16-2016 09:30 AM

Grove Harbor is a beautiful place but I got raped when I launched there for the Islamorada Poker Run.

I know this is not the same scenario but it will give you an idea of the extremes.

In and out service, one night dockage in a shared slip, and 4 days trailer storage cost me just under $1500. To top it off they broke my trailer tail light which they said they would fix before I returned on Sunday, but they did not. Then they tried to say it came in that way when I got it back on Sunday. Finally the manager agreed it was their fault and fixed it. 3 hours of lost time waiting for all this to happen all the while I had to trailer back to Sarasota and make my flight back to NJ.

I used Haulover Ramp two years ago and it cost me under $100 to launch from the ramp and store my truck and trailer.

H20 Toie 05-16-2016 02:04 PM

We use to use tnt from nov to feb every year
it was under a grand every month just don't remember exact amount
great service

CLA 05-17-2016 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Tom A. (Post 4439552)
Grove Harbor is a beautiful place but I got raped when I launched there for the Islamorada Poker Run.

I know this is not the same scenario but it will give you an idea of the extremes.

In and out service, one night dockage in a shared slip, and 4 days trailer storage cost me just under $1500. To top it off they broke my trailer tail light which they said they would fix before I returned on Sunday, but they did not. Then they tried to say it came in that way when I got it back on Sunday. Finally the manager agreed it was their fault and fixed it. 3 hours of lost time waiting for all this to happen all the while I had to trailer back to Sarasota and make my flight back to NJ.

I used Haulover Ramp two years ago and it cost me under $100 to launch from the ramp and store my truck and trailer.

Tom, I used Grove Harbor this week for the Cuba run. 480 to lift it off the trailer and and keep my truck/trailer for one day until my driver got here.

Seemed high but they took care of us.

http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/a...s/image_63.jpg