SB
Registered

Received 3,108 Likes on 1,401 Posts

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/17/us/win...shington-trnd/

Originally Posted by SB
Crazy huh ? And such a weak winter,

Here is the forecast of top of a mountain an hr or so from here:

Sunday Night:
In the clouds w/ a chance of snow. Snow accumulation of a trace to 2 inches.
Low: Lower teens
Wind: NW at 50-70 mph increasing to 60-80 mph with gusts up to 90 mph
Wind Chill: Falling to 15 below to 25 below

Monday:
In the clouds w/ a chance of snow showers. Snow accumulation of a trace to 2 inches.
High: Lower 20s
Wind: NW at 70-90 mph with gusts up to 100 mph
Wind Chill: Rising to 10 below to 20 below

Monday Night:
In the clouds w/ a slight chance of snow showers. Snow accumulation of a trace to less than 1 inch.
Low: Lower 20s
Wind: NW at 70-90 mph with gusts up to 100 mph decreasing to 60-80 mph late
Wind Chill: Rising to 5 below to 15 below

Tuesday:
In the clouds w/ a slight chance of snow showers. Snow accumulation of a trace to less than 1 inch.
High: Lower 30s
Wind: NW at 60-75 mph decreasing to 30-45 mph
Wind Chill: Rising to 5 below to 5 above
Here's a video from there yesterday at 109mph:
https://www.facebook.com/MWObs/video...3741615389685/

Last edited by SB; 05-17-2016 at 08:41 PM.
Old 05-17-2016, 09:56 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SFOcean
It has been said that the new home of the communist party is the environmental and global warming crowd.
Really? can you document that? A supermajority of the worlds climate scientists say that man made activities are causing change. I can document that btw!
Old 05-18-2016, 12:59 AM
Charter Member #394
Charter Member

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

The head of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, Christiana Figueres, readily admits that the real climate change agenda has nothing to do with the environment, but instead is about redistribution of wealth stating, “This is probably the most difficult task we have ever given ourselves, which is to intentionally transform the economic development model, for the first time in human history. This is the first time in the history of mankind that we are setting ourselves the task of intentionally, within a defined period of time, to change the economic development model that has been reigning for the, at least, 150 years, since the industrial revolution.”
Old 05-18-2016, 01:09 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Wobble
Really? can you document that? A supermajority of the worlds climate scientists say that man made activities are causing change. I can document that btw!
Who says how much and it’s for the better or worse? When I was a kid we were all supposed to be frozen to death years ago and if you listened to man bear pig, Al we would all be under water by now. Why do you think I own a boat? Maybe warming the planet is keeping us out of another ice age. What do plants eat? Carbon dioxide. No carbon to eat and there is less plants. Got to feed the billions somehow. You ever watch Nasa’s time laps of the mid-west and how much carbon the corn belt sucks up every year. More production then the rain forest.
The bottom line is even if we do this and do that most don’t think any of it will change anything especially if we (the US) are the only ones who do it. If you listen to the hypocrite greens like Al when he is not flying all over the world or rambling around one of his many mansions we should not use any energy, isn’t their moto “leave it in the ground”? Nukes are also out of the question. Hydro blocks rivers and fish migration. Even wood put carbon in the air. We also need to stop making so much food. Cows do what they do. Agriculture ruins everything and don’t even start on genetic modifications. Then there is all these people breathing out carbon. So basically to achieve the greens goals we all need to die.
PS Wobble let's see if we can this one closed to. lol
Old 05-18-2016, 05:15 AM
SB
Registered

Remember,this happened not to long ago, between the early 14th and late 19th centuries, the Mini Ice Age
http://www.history.com/news/little-i...g-consequences
Old 05-18-2016, 05:26 AM
SB
Registered

And the year without summer up here in the Northeast was quite recent. 1816 to be exact. Ice formed during the summer up here ! Wow.

In fact, this event changed our country greatly. Many. of the people that lived here in the Northeast had to leave here because of the weather and settled in around Ohio and father west. For some of you in the Ohio and surrounding area, your roots may be from here and you are where you are because of this.

Another interesting read for those that have never heard about it happening:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_Without_a_Summer
Old 05-18-2016, 06:14 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

The scientists say that unusual temps in one area are just a symptom. The average temps all around the world are rising as is the sea level due to polar ice melt. If you worked along the Louisiana coast 35 years ago as I did and went back now you wouldn't recognize it. They say it is 2000 square miles of salt marsh and low lying land lost in the last 80 years.

It's hard for me to accept that the scientists and engineers that bring us all this awesome technology suddenly get called communists and subversives when a portion of our population doesn't like what they are saying.

The rate of sea level rise has doubled since 1992 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_level_rise

Last edited by Wobble; 05-18-2016 at 01:35 PM. Reason: spell
Old 05-18-2016, 07:29 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Wobble
The scientists say that unusual temps in one area are just a sympton. The average temps all around the world are rising as is the sea level due to polar ice melt. If you worked along the Louisiana coast 35 years ago as I did and went back now you wouldn't recognize it. They say it is 2000 square miles of salt marsh and low lying land lost in the last 80 years.

It's hard for me to accept that the scientists and engineers that bring us all this awesome technology suddenly get called communists and subversives when a portion of our population doesn't like what they are saying.

The rate of sea level rise has doubled since 1992 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_level_rise
interesting note the rise in sea level is also due to thermal expansion of the in the earths entire body of water as well as the ice melt at about a fifty fifty rate.

Originally Posted by SB
I've climbed there many times, spent days on an upper ridge traverse of the Presidential range and even slept under hundred plus mph "gusts" in sub zero temps . . . . . . ahhhh good times good times lol
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 05-18-2016 at 07:35 AM.
Old 05-18-2016, 08:55 AM
SB
Registered

Wobble - I am with you in many ways. The world needs to clean up their schit ! Hard to find anyone that does not agree with this. More reasons than just us contributing to temperatures rising. I am one that firmly believes, although we can stand to clean up more of our own country, dollar and effort involved would be better served to countries that just don't give a rats azz. And, back to us, parts of our country where gross use of carbon offsets are used....and some things are ignored.

As far as Lousiana, as just as important fact as seas rising, is that Lousiana is sinking ! Too bad it couldn't be like many parts of Alaska where their ground is rising.

There are many reasons for the sinking of Lousiana, and most of it is man made, and not in the form of emmissions.

Here is a good article:
https://projects.propublica.org/louisiana/
Old 05-18-2016, 09:16 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by SB
Wobble - I am with you in many ways. The world needs to clean up their schit ! Hard to find anyone that does not agree with this. More reasons than just us contributing to temperatures rising. I am one that firmly believes, although we can stand to clean up more of our own country, dollar and effort involved would be better served to countries that just don't give a rats azz. And, back to us, parts of our country where gross use of carbon offsets are used....and some things are ignored.

As far as Lousiana, as just as important fact as seas rising, is that Lousiana is sinking ! Too bad it couldn't be like many parts of Alaska where their ground is rising.

There are many reasons for the sinking of Lousiana, and most of it is man made, and not in the form of emmissions.

Here is a good article:
https://projects.propublica.org/louisiana/
Indeed, man has affected our environment in many ways. Hard to believe that all the byproduct of our production is not affecting our climate, its very obvious that it has affected our land, water and air quality.

We had a whole subdivision near me bought out by the feds when it sank nearly 8 feet due to overuse of underground water.

BTW I have worked in the oil and gas industry for nearly 40 years. Also been a boater and off-roader longer than that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.