Notices

Apache in cuba.

Old 05-28-2016, 08:37 AM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 19 Posts

Lol easy to play the "just money"political speech... political because thats exactly what it is. BS.

I just wondered if they can't ship the parts/tools to fix it. I definitely would have wanted to know this whole story before I went with another group of nice boats.

I'd have been sick the entire trip after seeing apache heritage sitting like that... it does appear the travel cover is on it.
Old 05-28-2016, 09:17 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

WOW that is crazy, what a shame. As above they have been closed lipped about the aftermath of their run. 7000hrs of labor and a couple runs later.... They prob want 3 million to get the boat back. After that figure out shipping logistics on your own. F that place
Old 05-28-2016, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by f_inscreenname
Just because you can doesn't mean you should go. Good luck getting their boat back.
Well the owner is not a US citizen if I recall so I don't think he has the same issue we have. Also FPC got there and back just fine. I am betting there is MUCH more to the story then many think and I am sure the owner knows why it is there which really is all that matters.
Old 05-28-2016, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If money isn't an issue then it wouldn't be sitting there bleaching out in the sun. Cuba is corrupt...you can't tell me there isn't a palm that could be greased to get the boat loaded on a barge or supply tug and headed north if it's "only money" like they say. Either the money isn't there or they pissed off somebody over there it seems.
Old 05-28-2016, 10:55 AM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by turbofox54
If money isn't an issue then it wouldn't be sitting there bleaching out in the sun. Cuba is corrupt...you can't tell me there isn't a palm that could be greased to get the boat loaded on a barge or supply tug and headed north if it's "only money" like they say. Either the money isn't there or they pissed off somebody over there it seems.
Yup. Whole deal seems odd.
Old 05-28-2016, 11:35 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Omar never should have never sold the boat, communism and the Castro family sucks... Its a disservice to the people of Cuba to go there and give any money that the people will never see. For Americans that make a living off of capitalism to visit a communist country guilty of the atrocities bought forth from the likes of Castros and Che Guerrero, it can rot...
That is my favorite Apache bar non. It hurts to see it lie there like some old fishing boat. Would kill to have it.
Old 05-28-2016, 11:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Free for the taking? If money is no issue. Every body else was thinking it so I said it. I'm pretty sure if the proper person told me it's mine if I can get it, It would be gone within a month
Old 05-28-2016, 01:23 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

I wouldnt be to concerned with the fading ( neons and candys can fade like that in less than a couple months in direct sun).Id be more worried about the way that cradle is supporting the hull. If it stays there to long , they'll have some 283cid small blocks in it doing island tours , after cutting out the front deck and adding bench seating.
Old 05-28-2016, 04:44 PM
Registered

Received 3,021 Likes on 988 Posts

Thing looks like it's taking a beating. Sad because it was absolutely beautiful. That candy lambo orange was simply bad azz!

For whomever asked for the readers digest version of this boat - originally built as a sit down racer in the early 90's as Apache Heritage which won a few world champions. It was purchased by German entrepenour roger kuh about 5 years ago. Kuh took the boat directly to McManus where it was completely rebuilt to the tune of 2 million. Kuh's goal was to set a new US to Cuba record. Boat took about two years to build and was absolutely STUNNING! powered by merc 1350's, Kuh wanted to attempt the record run over 3 years ago but could not get US approval for the run with the sanctions against Cuba. No one had done the recording since 1963. Finally when Obama dropped the sanctions the run was OK'd. McManus throttled, Kuh drove and another navigated. They were going to absolutely destroy the previous record that was something like 6 hours but had a mechanical issue that cost them significant time. However they still beat the record by 2 hours I believe.

Kuh is a native of Gernany and rose to fame as a professional ice hockey player. Very wealthy. Grew up around performance boats off the French Riviera and his visits to S. Florida. He was actually present when Apache heritage won one of its world championship races.

As far as what the deal is with the boat. It's weird. I wouldn't think after Cuba has been really cool with opening its boarders to tourists and welcoming this well publicized record run that they would want bad press over taking the boat hostage. I'm guessing being a million/ billionaire etc Kuh is just onto something else and will getti the boat when he has his people get around to it.

If anyone is tight with McManus, he'll know exactly what the deal is since he's been directly involved from the get go.

Tank
Old 05-28-2016, 05:14 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 105 Posts

An update and repower on a early 90s boat was 2 million bucks?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.