Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
The joys of buying a used six figure performance boat. >

The joys of buying a used six figure performance boat.

Notices

The joys of buying a used six figure performance boat.

Old 06-07-2016, 05:15 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuke427
Okay Matt, I don't really know what this means "declare your intent with my name" but all I have done on this whole thread is tell a true story. Your response looks like something a lawyer would tell you to write, i.e. no specifics and the declare thing. I have never placed blame anywhere, have I questioned, yes, but all I have done is tell my story. I have no intent with your name, whatever that may mean to you. But I hope when you're in your black gold and white 412 Skater, Downtown1 at lake lanier this July someone will question you on this very topic. I know I'll never hear a response from you and I'm sure if you're human it's eating you inside to start typing, but I'm taking care of the problem I got myself into. This thread is for this small community of performance boaters to learn from. I would if I were you though, go to whomever it was that slapped some gel, did some sanding and painted the poor NT and ask for my money back. Gas money for the new Skater.
I wanted to read every response before replying after seeing the response from the seller. Your response will be held as a declaration of intent to discredit/defame the seller. Do not respond by name. The legal jargon of his reply caught my attention in the first sentence. That was posturing for defense. Not a sincere approach to the situation. Ex, this is what happened, this org did the repair, this was the bill, etc.

Stupid this continues to happen. I was excited when LCM was bought under new ownership. Loved the boats that were brought by the owner to the lake and its events. However, locally, feedback is less than stellar.

Too bad.
Old 06-07-2016, 05:22 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

WOW. I'm going to be the bad guy? Such a cruel world. Okay then, kilo I am Mr. Parker and I declare no intent with your name. I do not now or have not ever blamed you for anything, I love my new boat. Thank you.
Old 06-07-2016, 05:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, isn't this all so exciting.

Nuke- I hope you don't get raked over the coals on your repairs. It's sad that this happened at all and sadder still that someone knows what happened, but no one will fess up.

To whomever was responsible and neglected to disclose- may karma shove a pineapple up your ass soon enough.

To everyone one else- do your due diligence and see your purchase in person and use a third party surveyor/mechanic.

Hope it turns out well Nuke, she is a beautiful boat and I am sure you worked hard for your dream. Hopefully it's comes together soon.
Old 06-07-2016, 05:38 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW. I'm going to be the bad guy? Such a cruel world. Okay then, kilo I am Mr. Parker and I declare no intent with your name. I do not now or have not ever blamed you for anything, I love my new boat. Thank you.
I think it's awesome that you still have a sense of humor even after taking it in the strake from an un-named person who may or may not have sold you a boat.
Old 06-07-2016, 05:39 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

Now that's a guy I want to drink a beer with.
Old 06-07-2016, 05:44 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CrownLPX
Now that's a guy I want to drink a beer with.
Come to LOTO mid July and I may have enough money left over after repairs to buy a round.
Old 06-07-2016, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kilo
Nuke427
Matt Garland here….previous owner of the NT.

As I read through the issue(s) happening with the boat I am not even sure how or if it’s proper to respond. However, I am in a similar situation with a recent purchase and although I haven’t - I often contemplate reaching out directly to the previous owner to ask…..Did you know about this issue??

Before I get to far down the road I want to let it be known that in any repair that was made on my behalf I have never asked for the cheap way out or to cut any corner. I have never sacrificed a single dollar for the easy way nor would I ever attempt to mislead another individual by covering up the facts. We powerboaters play on a very small island and it’s important to me that my name, credibility and trustworthiness are maintained.

With that being said I am no handy man like 3/4 of the members on here and I rely heavily on those individuals and businesses in the industry to guide me through repairs/upgrades/purchases, etc. When I pay for something I like to think that my money is going to someone who has the knowledge and capability to steer me in the right direction.

The facts on the NT is that I did contract for repairs on the hull (to my knowledge I have never hit anything). After asking around I was informed that hull stress is a common occurrence and I was advised that these stress points could be fully repaired. So not only did I authorize to have those issues corrected I also gave my approval to correct any issue that may be present on the hull. At no time was there any attempt to “just do the minimum” or to basically cover over some issue that would be passed onto the next person. That’s just not the way I operate.

My assumption, was that the repair I paid for was sound and it corrected the issue once and for all. Regardless if I kept the boat or if it sold I was confident that the issue was resolved. To hear of your story I am truly sorry to learn that you are having problems. Whether that is from the repairs I paid for, or new issues, or anything in between.

If I would have met you prior to the sale I would have looked you in the eye and told you that the boat is in great shape – it’s been a workhorse for several years. I have made repairs. I have spared no expense. AND I expect NO issues.

These are the facts and at no point of the process have I withheld any information to any individual regarding this boat. I found an issue – I paid for an issue and I disclosed said issue.

This brings us to today. You don’t know me and I don’t know you. But I would challenge you to ask around in the community to anyone who knows me or has seen me care for that boat. I have always done what is right. If there is an issue I correct it. If there is maintenance due it’s done. There are no exceptions. When I listed that boat I had a clear conscience that every repair I have paid for was done to its fullest and that that issue was fully remediated. Period.

Mr. Parker, with the above I would ask that you please declare your intent with my name.
you should cover the current repair bill if you are such a stand up guy
Old 06-07-2016, 06:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,052 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Come to LOTO mid July and I may have enough money left over after repairs to buy a round.
No worries man, you got this............I'll split the round with ya if you run short.
Old 06-07-2016, 06:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMO the seller would have been better off not responding now he really sounds like a douche. If it where me and I had an honest repair done I would have at least tried to convey a sincere sign of regret for the troubles you are going through and at the very least pm'd you the info on the people who did the repairs. Hell if it were me and I paid for a shotty repair like that I would want everyone on the site to know who did it so they don't get screwed by the same place. Instead it looks like he's trying to set you up for a defamation suit to add insult to injury. Wow some people just suck. Really feel bad for you nuke

Oh and ps if I ever am in the market for a skater I will know who's name to make sure Was never on the title!!!!

Last edited by shepnic74; 06-07-2016 at 06:55 PM.
Old 06-07-2016, 06:48 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Keith Atlanta
Dude, you should come to South Florida for a week. I thought I saw it al till I moved down here...

Do what your say you are going to do? At a realistic price? Bwahhahahaha! Not here my friend. Plan on spending twice as much and get something half as good - thats the Sunshine State!

Nuke, I really feel for you. You tried to do your due dilligence and got screwed. Unfortunately it is the world we live in.
Ain't that the truth! I'm from California, I figured everything would be cheaper out here since cost of living is so much cheaper. Wrong! Nothing but half ass work at a ridiculous price....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.